PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good place to buy soccer kleats?

Mar
05-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Need them for a game tomorrow.

bmeier
05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
kicks

alloroc
05-16-2011, 12:03 AM
depends where you live.

In the south "the soccer shop" has the most knowledgeable staff.

Mar
05-16-2011, 08:27 AM
I live by the airport, my game is just south of Franklin. Might have to make a trip to the far south if that's what it comes to.

bmeier
05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
depends where you live.

In the south "the soccer shop" has the most knowledgeable staff.

agreed but not much selection. they are great help though and good with fitting you to a proper boot

soccernut
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Fishers Soccer Shack in river bend. By far the best if you are looking for high end cleats

Edit: the closest thing to you is Strikers at Monterey Park on 68th st and 16th ave

alloroc
05-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by bmeier

agreed but not much selection. they are great help though and good with fitting you to a proper boot

She explained the small selection to me.

They basically order based on fit puma/addidas narrow fit nike and a couple others - wide fit and they just order enough to cover what they believe is all foot types because they really don't do a ton of business.

They might not have the 'prettiest' selection but they have shoes that will fit your feet. My son has AAA feet (very narrow) and we walked in one day and one parent was actually mad because they had puma's on the shelf and her child liked the color but her kid had wide feet and they didn't fit. "why would you order these if they don't fit anyone" Well five minutes later it was the only pair my son could put on without the heel slipping - they also threw in a Messi poster and a hackisack for free.

Mar
05-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Well, like an idiot, I waited until the last minute to get them, I got off work at 5pm and had a game at 7pm.

I went to The Soccer Shop, got there 15 minutes before close and they had nothing for selection. Plus I have monster EE feet for some reason so none of them were wide enough. So I went a few blocks up to Kicks and everything they had was too narrow except for a pair of kangaroo leather Diadoras which fit perfectly. 30 minutes later I was playing in them.

Oh and there's a cute chick that works at Kicks, she helped me out.

Case closed, thanks for the suggestions!

PureDeXteritY
05-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Sport Chek has a pretty good selection, Family Friends 25% deal coming up too. Although it's not until wednesday.