PDA

View Full Version : 94 Octane? Husky still have this in Calgary?

Freebs
05-15-2011, 07:51 PM
So I have been living in Florida for the last year, but before I left I thought someone told me that Husky was getting rid of their 94 octane gas in Calgary. I am just wondering if there are still places that are going to continue to sell 94 or if it is all on its way out?

Reason I ask is because on my drive home I am going to have the Evo tuned in the states and need to know if I should get 93 and 91 tunes or just stick to the 91 octane tune.

Also if anyone is from Saskatoon, I have the same question for you guys as I spend a few weeks every year there.

Also I did google is and went on the Husky web site but when I selected the 94 option the map wouldn't show up (not sure if this means none have it) and the list to the left listed off a few places that I know for sure doesn't have 94 but others that I know did have it when I left, so I let me know if you guys are still getting 94 in calgary..

**EDIT**
Also I am having a mental block.. we don't have 92 anywhere do we (other than Husky)... hahah I cant believe I cant remember, but I have always run 94 since we had a station within 5min from me with it since I started driving so I have always run this and don't know anything else lol

Thanks

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I can still find 94 locally.

btimbit
05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
One on Sunnyvalley BLVD still has 94. The other two grades are now 87 and 89 though, rather than 90 and 91.

A lot of stations have gotten rid though, I say go with 91 to be safe

Freebs
05-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Damn I thought this would be the case :(

It sucks because it is fair difference in power from what I am seeing with the Evo's...

Freebs
05-15-2011, 08:27 PM
what about 92? (as per my edit on my first post) other than at Husky.

300zxfairlday
05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Husky's still have 94 octane

leftwing
05-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Husky in Woodbine on 24th st has 94 still.

leftwing
05-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Freebs
what about 92? (as per my edit on my first post) other than at Husky.

I only fill at husky so i can't confirm this, but I believe Shell has 92.

btimbit
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by leftwing

I only fill at husky so i can't confirm this, but I believe Shell has 92.

I've only ever seen 91 at Shell

bart
05-15-2011, 10:02 PM
huskey in lakeview has the only dedicated 94 pump i have seen

Freebs
05-15-2011, 10:31 PM
So some are still rocking it and others are not? The one by my place is in the N.W (Hawkwood) And I just got word from my friend that they no longer have 94 and the owner told me before I left for Florida that he was told by Husky they are no longer going to offer it... Well I guess I can get a 93/91 tune and hope for the best.... Seems most of the 94 stations are in the south :(

btimbit
05-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Freebs
So some are still rocking it and others are not? The one by my place is in the N.W (Hawkwood) And I just got word from my friend that they no longer have 94 and the owner told me before I left for Florida that he was told by Husky they are no longer going to offer it... Well I guess I can get a 93/91 tune and hope for the best.... Seems most of the 94 stations are in the south :(

I remember reading somewhere in a recent thread that they aren't getting rid of it. Can't remember the source though, whether or not the talked to someone from husky or just asked the attendant... Useful post, I know. I'll try to find what I'm on about.

Freebs
05-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

I remember reading somewhere in a recent thread that they aren't getting rid of it. Can't remember the source though, whether or not the talked to someone from husky or just asked the attendant... Useful post, I know. I'll try to find what I'm on about.

Let me know if you find the thread... I looked for a bit on here but couldn't find anything... Not being able to put "94" in the search makes it hard to find things related to this..

bart
05-16-2011, 12:46 AM
goto google and type this >

site:beyond.ca 94 octane

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Dalhousie always has 94 at the Mohawk.

Xtrema
05-16-2011, 08:34 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/canadian-forum/518000-goodbye-octane-94-husky.html

Dear customer,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our 94 Octane fuel. The discontinuation of our premium 94 Octane fuel comes as a result of changes to regulations that restrict the Reid Vapour Pressure (RVP) of gasoline. RVP measures the volatility of gasoline. In short, the addition of ethanol to gasoline adds to the overall RVP of the product.

For some time, Husky has received special allowance to produce and distribute our ethanol-blended 94 Octane gasoline; however, this allowance is no longer in place and as a result, our suppliers have chosen not to continue to provide Husky with our premium fuel.

The unfortunate outcome, as you've experienced, is that we can no longer provide our ethanol-blended premium fuel to our customers. Husky still supplies high-quality, ethanol-blended regular & mid-grade (87 & 89 Octane) and 91 Octane (no ethanol) fuel at most locations across the province.

We know this is a disappointment and for this, we apologize. We sincerely hope that you will continue to choose Husky and Mohawk for our other exceptional products and services, as well as for your refuelling needs.

Kind Regards,

Husky Customer Service
1-800-661-3835
[email protected]

May not apply to Alberta tho.

Freebs
05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Dalhousie always has 94 at the Mohawk.

I forgot all about this... well if they are still offering it, I hope they keep it

Originally posted by Xtrema
http://forums.evolutionm.net/canadian-forum/518000-goodbye-octane-94-husky.html

May not apply to Alberta tho.

Yea I came across that a few days ago when I was searching the Evo forum... I hope this doesn't apply to Alberta

npham
05-17-2011, 11:29 AM
I believe that Alberta will still have 94 for a while, and it was just the two lower grades that was affected.

Ek9Max
07-31-2011, 11:42 AM
They took it away from my local husky in hawkwood. And last time I tried in bowness they didn't seem to have it either....

AllGoNoShow
07-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Just filled up Husky 94 on McLeod Trail @ 53rd and 58th on 3rd SE or whatever it is, beside TD. Now if I am paying 94 pricing for 91, we need to have a discussion with Husky... :guns:

sillysod
07-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Husky on Mactrail has 94. That's where I gas up my car everytime.