PDA

View Full Version : Organization/Time Management?

TimG
05-16-2011, 08:43 AM
We just implemented a new method of time management and organization here at work.

After reading through this new method i'm still kind of left at the same point i was before - i need a good and *simple* method to organize tasks, projects, priorities, etc at work.

Right now I'm using outlook for organizing and for all of my active projects I have a 1 page sheet that lists high priority tasks for the week.

What do you guys do for workplace organization?

Cos
05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Orgainization in what way? Project management, overall BP management? Individual time management?

What sector? What kind of work?

TimG
05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
All of the above.

Sector doesn't really matter.

It would be more R&D/Engineering type of work than marketing or business, but i think that organizing tips can be used regardless of the field.

Cos
05-16-2011, 09:13 AM

TimG
05-16-2011, 09:27 AM
ok.

how about this.

how do you arrange your priorities for the week (or at least for the day or two)?

Do you typically do this on a friday or first thing on monday?

How do you keep up with short and long term goals/deadlines?

If you have 5 different projects on the go, how do you go about delegating time to each of them?

I'm not talking about just sticking them into Outlook's calendar - to me that's the final step after you've gone thru and done all of the work. What do you do that leads you up to the point where you can just stick things into your planner?

Also, as you progress through projects, you have lots of paperwork - from meetings, phone calls, lab notes, etc. How do you organize and track all of that information so that it is easily accessible at a later date?

I'm trying really hard to go paperless, but I'm finding it difficult sometimes.