PDA

View Full Version : OnStar Folk - Anyone else having issues today?

Zhariak
05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Noticed some issues with OnStar today...

Effing annoying, thought it was electrical. Even after removing keys, my NAV stayed on thinking it was on a call with OnStar.... Finally just pulled the fuse and it finally stopped. Still no worky though...

Anyone else having issues? Called them, but could barely understand the person on the line, and they had no idea what I was talking about with anything... lol

VetteRacin
05-16-2011, 08:17 PM
never had an issue with it

Thaco
05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
wait, people use that overpriced junk? first thing i did when i got my truck was remove the antenna

Zhariak
05-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
wait, people use that overpriced junk? first thing i did when i got my truck was remove the antenna

Haha yes, some of us use it...

Whenever I'm on road trips I use it 3-4 times a day...

corsvette
05-17-2011, 08:26 AM
My wife called in a panic about some loud, weird noise coming through the trucks speakers this morning, the radio was turned off when it started. It sounded like a emergency signal of some sort, it lasted a few minutes and then it said "onstar call ended".... we have not used the onstar in 3 years now, very weird.

Zhariak
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
My wife called in a panic about some loud, weird noise coming through the trucks speakers this morning, the radio was turned off when it started. It sounded like a emergency signal of some sort, it lasted a few minutes and then it said "onstar call ended".... we have not used the onstar in 3 years now, very weird.

I did an address change the other day and thought it was that. It hasn't worked and has been doing wonky things since...

(I use it ALOT)

My Caddy's NAV system is integrated with OnStar, and to top it off it's been thinking it's been stuck in a call so it's been keeping the NAV system on along with some other electronics even with the vehicle off and the key out... NAV was on for 6 hours the other day till I pulled a fuse... lmao

Onstar tech's didn't even know the new cadillac's electronics are integrated, she kept going on about Tom Tom needing to be unplugged from the cigarette adapter, lmao... Got the NAV off, by pulling the fuse...

Finally unplugged the battery today, plugged back in and everything works...

WEIRD lmao

Sugarphreak
05-18-2011, 04:10 PM

01RedDX
05-18-2011, 05:23 PM