PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Car Rental = great peoples

TomcoPDR
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Making a thread about Enterprise car rental experience in Calgary.

Few weeks ago, my older brother visited me from the States. Didn't want him to lose money on the exchange using a US credit card, so I told him I'd just pay for his week car rental, whatever right.

In a very very past lifetime, I used to work for another rental agency... (NOT Enterprise) I called up my old connections from there, they quoted me a price, so I thought ok, doesn't sound like a "buddy/ex-employee" deal, but whatever I'll make note of it.

Now I've rented a lot from Enterprise before for business purposes (i.e. I work across Canada, sometimes I fly into a work site, but need a rental to use)... Enterprise have always been great (to me) from: Oshawa, Vancouver, Hamilton, Toronto, Regina.

So I call the 1-800 Enterprise line, they forwarded me to the Calgary airport Enterprise location.

From there, I talked to Martin (hope I got this right). Really polite, pleasant and easy to deal with. He helped me set it up where they'd take my credit card on file, but the actual renter flying in could just pickup the vehicle (without me present).

I just think it's corny picking up and dropping off people at the airport (unless they're a hot chick), but in this case, my brother... so he can pickup/leave Calgary on his own.

So, he picked up the vehicle at airport no problems, smooth, really professional people to deal with. (that was his answer)

Then later on the week I wanted to add my name to the rental policy, seeing I'm paying for the rental, plus I'm paying for CDW (or LDW some call it)... I personally like buying in-house rental agency insurance just cause you can bag the shit outta their cars and you usually won't get these lame surprise "windshield chip", "wheel curb damage" repair bill for $200-500 weeks down the road.

My current work is closer to the Douglas Dale Enterprise location (11488-24 Street SE), so I just went in there in the morning b4 work seeing if they can just add my name to the rental contract. I got to meet the new manager there, Ashley :love: (think I saw a ring tho :( ) Anyways, her and the airport location wavied my addition driver fee :thumbsup: . (I think most companies are $5-10/day, but pending on season I suppose)

If you need a scale out of 10. (10 being top)... on this visit a few weeks ago

Service: 8. Friendly, good attitude, making sure all paper work with my needs are met.

Price: 9. At the time of booking, best rate out of all major agencies. Best rate for in-house insurance too. (and I used to work at one; non-Enterprise, called someone who still works there, and a manager too) Sorry, I have to stay factual.

Condition of vehicle: 7. (point loss because I didn't like those vehicles/brand) New model. 24,000km. Clean (at pickup), no stains, no crumbs in cupholders/coinholders. All fluids topped at pickup.

Locations: 8. Compared to all the big-boys in the industry, Enterprise seems to have the most locations/outlets across the city (Calgary)

Thanks for reading!

:whocares:

BlackArcher101
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
+1

I recently rented a truck from their Macleod Trail / Heritage location. Top notch service from the get go, gave me a great deal without even asking (free extra miles!), and even made sure I got the brand spanking new vehicle (1st rental on it).

Would go there again no questions asked.

When I called around to the other rental co's... only one was close to the good service from Enterprise, and it was actually a dealership. Budget and the others couldn't even tell me the time of day, nor if they even had a vehicle I'm looking for. Felt as bad as trying to rent a U-Haul.

J-hop
05-18-2011, 01:24 AM
I used to work for enterprise, and have a few friends in the car rental business at different companies and from what i've seen from my time working at enterprise and from hearing from my friends, enterprise is the most straight up and honest with customers. It was actually a lot of fun working for them and at the location I worked at they would bend over backwards for their customers. We had one regular client that we would drop off vehicles for at the end of our shift or in the morning before they even opened.

tentacles
05-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Not sure if this is still the case, but Enterprise is the only outfit that will rent to under-25s, so before I turned 25 I had no choice.

First time I tried renting with the Crowfoot location, I scheduled a pick up a week in advance, and when the day came, they told me they couldn't pick me up. No explanation was given. I had to take extra time out to get there by bus. Seemed kind of crappy since I thought their whole schtick was that they'll pick you up? :dunno:

I think the manager there at the time was an Ashley too, brunette with blonde highlites, maybe the same as Tom's? Was 5+ years ago so who knows.

I was a bit pissed but since I was under 25 I had no choice but to rent with them again. After that I used the Shaganapi location in the GMC dealership by Northland mall and had no further issues, but didn't get a chance to test the pickup service again.

Sky
05-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Dropped off my car to the autobody shop 2 days ago and needed a rental(insurance company covered) Called them and said I've dropped off my vehicle and need a pick up. Literally 5 mins later I get picked up and off we went. It was a Monday and many body shops in the area take in vehicles that day so it was quite busy at the Enterprise location I went. They had like 4 people working up front and the manager was able to help me in about 10 seconds of walking in. I was out of there in like 5min. Fast and friendly service. I'm happy so far.

derpderp
05-18-2011, 03:18 AM
All my experiences with Enterprise, have been the best and they defiantly are the most friendly to young renters.

Idratherbsidewayz
05-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Glad Marty could hook you up, he's a good dude. I'll tell him you were happy with the service.

Sugarphreak
05-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Guillermo
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I had a rental from there for a couple of weeks, and had a great experience too.

adidas
05-18-2011, 10:45 AM
So is ur brother white or asian?

http://www.pbscape.net/images/smilies/trollface_.gif

Zero102
05-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I've only ever rented a car once, and it was from enterprise and they were great. Seems like it's a pretty universal experience judging by this thread :thumbsup:

max_boost
05-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Good to know their actual service matches those commercials that are running. :thumbsup:

Squishy
05-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I had a good experience with them as well when my car went in the shop. I was being charged $6 a day from my pocket because I am under 21, and by the end of it all they knew I was having issues with the insurance company so I got a call from the manager telling me he would drop all the charges and nothing will be coming out of my account. I was very pleased to hear this because the bill at that point was $113 already.

+1 Enterprise. Nice people as well.

Grogador
05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Enterprise is fucking terrible in the USA. They treat you like nothing more than a dollar-sign, with ignorant high-pressure sales tactics beginning the moment you walk in. Their customer service is sub-par and they regularly fuck up confirmed reservations. They charge "airport drop off fees" of $75-150 for non-airport rentals (nobody else does), along with other exorbitant fees. They've jerked me around on dozens of rentals with them.

Work insists on booking them, so I take the reservation and stroll over to any other rental co (usually Budget) and get a nice discount.

guessboi
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
I got to meet the new manager there, Ashley :love: (think I saw a ring tho :( ) Anyways, her and the airport location wavied my addition driver fee :thumbsup: . (I think most companies are $5-10/day, but pending on season I suppose)

I LOL on this part! good story!
:rofl:

TomcoPDR
05-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by adidas
So is ur brother white or asian?

He is like you. :D

Naw, I try not to judge him by the colour of his skin.