PDA

View Full Version : GMC Acadia Owners - Reviews?

freshprince1
05-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I'll be car shopping this summer. We're looking to upgrade from our Envoy to something with the following specs:

- 3rd Row Seating
- NOT a V8
- AWD or 4WD...SUV or Crossover
- Not interested in the Pilot, Highlander or Sorrento.

We like the idea of the Acadia. Especially because in one of their trim levels, the second row of seats are captain/bucket seats leaving easier access to the 3rd row - this is a major thing for us. Plus, mileage is slightly better than the Envoy.

So any Acadia owners out there that can give me some feedback on how the vehicle has been for them? I'm particularly interested in fuel economy, reliability, and how the fulltime AWD has been.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm looking to spend around $30,000, so it would most likely be an '08-'09.

p.s. anyone want to buy an Envoy?

G-ZUS
05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
p.s. anyone want to buy an Envoy?

Info?

Sugarphreak
05-18-2011, 09:10 AM

freshprince1
05-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I have been hearing that Acadia's have a chronic sunroof leaking problem that leads to electrical issues and are also are prone to faulty steering pump problems; this is from somebody I know who works at a GM service department.

I think the price difference between the Acadian and the Buick Enclave is not that much, but apparently the reliability between them is night and day.... go Buick.

Rav4 also has 3rd row seating now btw.

Good point on the Enclave, the wife doesn't like the way they look, but I could sell it to her on from a reliability standpoint.

Rav4 will be too small. We have two kids right now and plan on having more. The Envoy has been awesome, but when we are one road trips we almost run out of room. Plus, there will likely be two carseats plus another kid, so we'll want more seats.

Thanks for the Buick reminder though.

sputnik
05-18-2011, 09:16 AM
The Buick Enclave and the GMC Acadia use the same platform.

Can't see any possibility of them being different from a reliability standpoint.

Aleks
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I had a Chevy Traverse as a rental last fall for about 3 weeks while my car was in the shop. IIRC they are pretty much the same vehicle...

Once I got used to the size I liked it. Was very surprised by how well it drove for a large vehicle and how smooth it was. Definatelly a huge improvement over GM's previous gen SUVs of this class. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fuel consumption. I averaged 17.5L/100kms but that was mostly deerfoot trail stop and go rush hour driving.

Best I could do in my 3 series 3L 6 cyl is about 12L/100kms driving the same route every day just for comparison purposes.

sputnik
05-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Have you considered a Ford Flex?

http://www.blacklisthunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2011-Ford-Flex1-500x333.jpg

Sugarphreak
05-18-2011, 09:21 AM

lint
05-18-2011, 09:22 AM
How about the Mazda CX9? 08-09 should be in and around that price range. The Traverse is there too, but it's a sibling of the Acadia.

corsvette
05-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I rented a 2011 Acadia for a week in Virginia. It got great fuel economy, around 25hwy according to the info screen and was a nice unit to drive. I found the 3rd row very small, but usable enough for kids. A co-worker has a 08 and he has good reports, he did have sunroof issues, they were fixed and never returned. Other than that he said his has been reliable. You may be able to get a sweet deal on the Saturn Outlook as well, basicly the same truck.

lint
05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
I didn't say flex since there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for them here, but I love mine.

freshprince1
05-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't think about the CX-9 despite loving Mazda! I'll look into it, does anyone know if they offer bucket seats in the second row?

I actually really like the Flex, but it has been vetoed by the wife, plus we like the height of a crossover/suv. Easier to get the kids in and out of.

euro_racer
05-18-2011, 10:31 AM
my dad drives a Buick Enclave right now, he seems to like it alot. only complain is that the fuel mileage is bad but that is somewhat to be expected for a vehicle of that size with awd, etc...

bspot
05-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Acadias are decent, but the seats are brutally uncomfortable.

lint
05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't think about the CX-9 despite loving Mazda! I'll look into it, does anyone know if they offer bucket seats in the second row?

I actually really like the Flex, but it has been vetoed by the wife, plus we like the height of a crossover/suv. Easier to get the kids in and out of.

I don't recall 2nd row buckets available in the CX9, one reason we eliminated it. With 2 car seats, there's no way to access the 3rd row without climbing over the seats. With 2nd row buckets in the Flex, you just need to get over the center console.

The Flex is a crossover. Height has never been an issue with getting the kids in or out of the Flex or our other car a Mazda 3 for either my wife or myself. She's a 5'4" asian lady. We let my 4 yr old climb in and out himself now.