PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Body Repair + Additional damage

kaddy
05-18-2011, 09:14 AM
I have my car going in for approved dealership warranty repair to A1 to fix rust that's happening on the bottom rear door (and moving up the door).

This morning when I went out to my vehicle, I found that someone had hit the fender (rear) on that side and marked up the same door that needs to be repaired. No one reported they hit me :(.

The paint on the fender is cracked next to the door. The door just looks scratched, it probably can't be buffed out. I didn't look dented in from a quick analysis before work, but will confirm later.

Any idea what I should do about it? I would assume that the body shop will be working in that area repairing the rust. Should I contact the dealer to see if this extra work could get done (with me paying the extra of course) or should I contact A1 before it goes in and not talk to the dealer?

Any suggestions?

kaddy
05-18-2011, 02:29 PM
So I called A1 and tried to explain the issue. She said it would be treated as a separate invoice, but they could do it all at once. I don't know if I should try to get a quote for somewhere else first.

I will try to upload a photo later.

I'm guessing the person that hit me was someone in my condo complex, going to see if I can find the vehicle that did it after work.

The lady at A1 also said they don't do rust???

theken
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Most body shops won't do rust cause you can't guarantee it won't come back. What's a lifetime warrenty on body work worth if you can't guarantee it

kaddy
05-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by theken
Most body shops won't do rust cause you can't guarantee it won't come back. What's a lifetime warrenty on body work worth if you can't guarantee it

I guess I do understand that part from a body shops perspective. I'm not dealing with that issue as it's something that's covered under warranty (RUST PERFORATION WARRANTY 5 Year/80K) .

Will they just end up replacing the entire outside door in this case then?

theken
05-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh I didn't understand that it was a warranty rust issue, I would say your door will be replaced