PDA

View Full Version : Parking downtown?

95golf
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Are there any free spots to park downtown anymore without getting a ticket? Or even where are the best places to park a bike around 8th ave 5th street sw?

hedge
05-19-2011, 07:38 AM
also want to know, my neighbour told me there's lots of parking and the usual rate is about $100 a month. I'm looking for something near bow valley square.

Also, has anyone had a problem with their bike getting knocked over or screwed with in any way?

arian_ma
05-19-2011, 03:16 PM
$100 a month? You can't even get a transit pass for that much anymore.

Edit: didn't see this was in the bike section.

93VR6
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Bump here, since they instituted those SUV's that just drive by and take photos of people who didn't pay for parking, if you bikers back into a street spot, so your plate faces the sidewalk, are you ever gonna get caught, will the guy in the SUV get out and actually check it out?

Thanks.

Superman403
04-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I think I can get a spot $50/month in my building. near 6 and 6.
LMK if anyone is interested.

Isaiah
04-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6
Bump here, since they instituted those SUV's that just drive by and take photos of people who didn't pay for parking, if you bikers back into a street spot, so your plate faces the sidewalk, are you ever gonna get caught, will the guy in the SUV get out and actually check it out?

Thanks.
The drivers don't get out of the camera vehicles, they just drive around. There are, however, regular CPA 'officers' on foot patrol that roam through downtown all day writing tickets who will definitely tag your bike.

swak
04-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I know theres a bike special price at the lot on center and 5th East side.

Dont know how much though.

GT4rally
04-14-2012, 04:56 PM
That's BS... you shouldn't have to pay for parking downtown if you're riding a bike!

Go4Long
04-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally
That's BS... you shouldn't have to pay for parking downtown if you're riding a bike!

And why on earth not? no one is forcing you to ride your bike to work, why should we get free parking?

Parkplus street zones are $8 a day, or you can get monthly passes at the lots for $125 a month. The daily rate works for me since my day shifts start at 5:30 so I'm the first one in so I can get a spot, and I only work 7 day shifts a month (2 of which are weekends so even cheaper)

swak
04-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Ride a bicycle/walk then. No pay... Unless you want a bike cage/locker

K3RMiTdot
04-14-2012, 05:40 PM
I believe on 6th and Centre street right where the BOW building is FREE until they put signs up. I usually go to work around 6am and its already packed... so try your luck with that

Disoblige
04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
I believe on 6th and Centre street right where the BOW building is FREE until they put signs up. I usually go to work around 6am and its already packed... so try your luck with that
For some reason I always thought those spaces were occupied by the construction workers there?

K3RMiTdot
04-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

For some reason I always thought those spaces were occupied by the construction workers there?
Ive seen some construction workers some not, so i assume its for anyone who can get their hands on a spot... :S

codetrap
04-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I park in the impark lot on the side of the Telus tower. It's $5/day for parking, which is nice as that's cheaper than transit. I usually take a stall on an end, then find 2 other bikes in it with me by the end of the day. There's also plenty of room on the dirt areas on the edge of the sidewalks.

This lot..
http://g.co/maps/ud73b

codetrap
06-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
I park in the impark lot on the side of the Telus tower. It's $5/day for parking, which is nice as that's cheaper than transit. I usually take a stall on an end, then find 2 other bikes in it with me by the end of the day. There's also plenty of room on the dirt areas on the edge of the sidewalks.

This lot..
http://g.co/maps/ud73b

So, surprise surprise.. last time I parked in a stall, I got a ticket stating to park on the end. So I parked in a stall on the end, and got another ticket.

Today, I go in and find that parking there is $12.60 instead of $5.25. And this to park in the dirt on the side of the lot... fuck that..

Any suggestions on other decent places to park a bike for a reasonable amount of money?

Graham_A_M
06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Is there any good parking near Bankers Hall? I have an appointment near there in the next couple days, and would like to know wheres a good place to park.

Go4Long
06-04-2012, 04:26 PM
On 3rd street just south of 8th ave (right across 3rd st from the royal bank) there's a motorcycle zone there that's 8 bucks a day.

Grogador
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
On 3rd street just south of 8th ave (right across 3rd st from the royal bank) there's a motorcycle zone there that's 8 bucks a day.

Typically full by 7:30 and you WILL get tagged if you're on the wrong side of the handicap sign pole. I'm told there's another one at 2nd St & 7th Ave.

Edit: Go4Long, you park there? Which one is yours? :P

slick2404
06-23-2012, 12:15 AM
bump - any new spots? Do people still park outside Old Spaghetti factory still?

tinfoildork
07-01-2012, 11:00 PM
This is what I did.

I got one parking ticket, and I took it and paid it. However now I have a $40 parking pass. I just park and leave the ticket on the bike and they don't bother giving me another ticket. Try this? HAHA