PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: cheap waterproof digicam

clem24
05-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Anyone have a cheap (~$50) waterproof digicam they want to sell me? Looking for at least 4 MP. Nothing overly large or bulky. Heading to Hawaii in a few weeks.

Please PM!

D'z Nutz
05-19-2011, 11:27 AM
A little out of your budget, but this (http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10338364&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|111|20525&N=4011454&Mo=2&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=2274&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=) looks like something cool to play with.

Thaco
05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
you'd probably be better off finding a waterproof case for a camera you already own, honestly a cheap waterproof camera, will produce VERY disappointing shots and your memories, will be just that, memories, because the pictures will be crap.

clem24
05-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
you'd probably be better off finding a waterproof case for a camera you already own, honestly a cheap waterproof camera, will produce VERY disappointing shots and your memories, will be just that, memories, because the pictures will be crap.

No thanks.. I am not going to spend upwards of $150-200 for a housing that will be used once. I also don't trust those $30-40 waterproof "bags" they sell on eBay; I am not risking my equipment. I already have other equipment that will make the land portion of the trip with me. I just need a cheap cam to go underwater with me for shits and giggles, and that I plan on selling as soon as I am done with it...

D'z, that's not bad but not sure what I'd do with it afterward LOL. I suppose it's Costco, just return it. :devil:

Or might make a good street cam to catch people's funny expression as they stare at you.

Thaco
05-19-2011, 04:02 PM
look up the dicapac, lots of positive reviews on bh and dp and stuff, nobody says they leak, just complaints about it being difficult to close and stuff., you can get them for about $60 on ebay, i just bought one for my G12 for my upcoming trip to cali

Mitsu3000gt
05-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Why not just buy this and sell it when you're done? Even if you sell it at a $50 loss you will end up with better pictures than you can get from anything for $50.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/329697/fs-ft-canon-powershot-d10-12-1mp-waterproof-camera/

Or just buy a new Canon D10, use it once, and sell it...probably won't lose more than $50 or so on it.

The enclosure is by far the best way to go, but maybe not if you're sure you'll only use it once in the foreseeable future.

Housings actually hold their value pretty well too. You could probably get $100 for a $150 housing pretty easily with only one use if it was for a popular camera.

I sold my old P&S housing for $100 after ~4 years and only paid $150 for it.

clem24
05-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
look up the dicapac, lots of positive reviews on bh and dp and stuff, nobody says they leak, just complaints about it being difficult to close and stuff., you can get them for about $60 on ebay, i just bought one for my G12 for my upcoming trip to cali

BAH ok you sold me. For $57, that's reasonable and looks fairly positive. I guess the GF1 will be going on an underwater adventure...

Mitsu, that thing is a little pricey. Used digicams just don't sell for much these days. That guy is obviously having trouble selling it. The last thing I need is ANOTHER camera (which is why I want a $50 one).. Well maybe if an LX3 or LX5 came along.. I miss my LX3.

And why aren't all of you guys banned for posting in my thread ahahaha :rofl:

:closed: