PDA

View Full Version : Factory sealed NES games?

Deville
05-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I just bought a few factory sealed NES games to add to my collection. They look good, but I'm not 100% not sure if they are original factory sealed, or resealed.

From the info I could find on line, they look original but there are a few things that make me think they could be reseals.

Anyone know where I could take them in Calgary to get someone to look at them? I'm willing to pay a bit for the persons time, I just need to know if they are legit.

Thanks

Phenix
05-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Thats pretty old school. but why keep them sealed? the games are meant to be played!

sputnik
05-20-2011, 08:39 AM
The cellophane wrapper on the outside of the game will do little for its value. Its not like Nintendo had special wrappings for NES games back then.

The real value comes down to the condition of the box and the completeness of contents within it. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

treg50
05-20-2011, 12:47 PM
^ Exactly. Shrink wrap from back then was basic and could be redone today and look identical. The box condition and condition of the stuff inside is the true tell of factory-freshness.

Deville
05-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but I still want to know if they are the real deal.

I need a hardcore NES guy to check these out, anyone?

sputnik
05-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Deville
I understand what you guys are saying, but I still want to know if they are the real deal.

I need a hardcore NES guy to check these out, anyone?

Does it have a plastic hanger on the back to allow the games to hang in a display case?

sputnik
05-20-2011, 01:36 PM
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-Spot-Resealed-NES-Games_W0QQugidZ10000000001556334

Deville
05-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks, yea I had a good look at that page before I made this post.

One game has the D hanger the other doesn't. The one with the hanger looks good, the discoloring on half of it like it should.

Neither have white on the top flap from opening, or look like they have been colored over to hide it.

The H seams look ok, but probably a bit more like the one they show as a reseal, but on that page it says "The seam usually slightly bends to the side."

By usually, I'm guessing some don't do that? I'm pretty sure any die hard NES guy could tell in 2 seconds if they are legit.

I need to know for sure, because if they are genuine I got a good deal, if not I got ripped off and I'm going to get my money back.

sputnik
05-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Which games did you get?

Artega
05-20-2011, 03:00 PM
so if they're sealed when you brought it...
You couldn't conclusively confirm that there's a game inside or that was the game that you brought.:dunno:

So it is entirely possible that brought a quality condition box with those super mario Cartridge resealed and sold for a premium dollar.:banghead:

hmmmm