PDA

View Full Version : kill the rattle

LakersGG03
01-16-2004, 05:28 PM
i want to completely get rid of rattle in my 1991 honda civic hatchback. hatchbacks don't rattle much, and right now my car doesn't rattle. i have a 400 watt audiobahn amp and a 10" JL W3, but i'm going to upgrade to probably a image dynamics 10" sub which will hit significantly harder and i'm going to get a alphasonik amp. i have a place that's going to dynamat everything for fairly cheap. well, i hear that dynamating doesn't gaurantee it won't rattle, but it will rattle a lot less. on top of placing dynamat everywhere, are there any other measures i could take? thanks.

hockeybronx
01-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Depending on where the car is rattling:
1). If it's in the door panels or truck gate you could try and use some sort of insulation to stop metal on metal vibrations.
2). Also Soundsaround has magnetic devices that attach to metal and apparently stop the rattling of your panels. They are about the size of a toonie but I think they cost quite a bit for what you are getting, you might need a couple depending on how much noise. Go in and check those out.

Of course another option is just to turn the stereo up louder so you can't hear the rattling anymore!

SUPRAPHAT
01-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Dynamat the crap out of every panel in the car! Thats what i did for my supra! No more rattle! You will probably need 2-3 trunk kits though!

Oh and make sure you get the extreme dynamat!

Later

Jason

Zero102
01-18-2004, 01:03 PM
How much does dynamat weigh? I am planning on dynamatting the entire interior of my car this summer, but I am worried about the weight.