PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SyncMaster T240 making my eyes/head hurt

move
05-24-2011, 09:20 PM
So I recently got a syncmaster and ever since then, I've been experiencing pains after spending a fair amount of time on it. I've set the custom setting to "text" and set the brightness to 0, and it still hurts after a while. I've never experienced this problem before, with my previous laptop (even on full brightness). Any inputs on how to fix this problem?

Grogador
05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Is your resolution and refresh rate set properly? Make sure it's 1920x1200 (crank up the text size if you need to) and 60Hz or higher. The room has some light in it? Text mode and 0 brightness would crush my brain, personally... I'm more of a vivid/video/dynamic/eyesearing brightness/contrast kinda guy.

dj_rice
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I had the same situation with Samsungs. It was a widescreen version one and I would feel like the sea-sickness feeling and nausea. I returned it and got a full screen LG one and no side effects. Never understood why

move
05-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah the resolution and refresh rate is the highest and the recommended one. I've tried the "game" setting and my eyes just hurt a lot faster.
I can't exactly return this one since it was a hand me down from my brother, so I was hoping there's a way to fix this problem.

arian_ma
05-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Turning down the brightness makes your eyes have to work harder if it is too dark. Maybe your screen needs to be brighter? Maybe the text size is too small and you have a small prescription for your eyes, that can also cause headaches and nausea.