PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues with Canada Post lately?

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Trying to get some stuff delivered. Forked out like 50 bucks for Priority NextAM shipping from Ontario...

Shipped Thursday (19th), estimated delivery was Friday (20th). It's now the 25th...

Item got to Calgary on Saturday, and according to tracking it's just hanging out in the Calgary postal facility.

Called, they say they only have whats on the tracking and they initiated a "trace" (whatever that means).

I get soo annoyed when my only option is CP...

Anyone else having issues lately?

HiTempguy1
05-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak

Canada Post is set to strike on the 30th. You've been warned!

RNB11
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
I ordered a item about 3 week ago via Canada post, was suppose to take around 7 days. Still no sign of it!

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Shouldn't they still be working until then? Priority Next AM package, and it's been over 5 business days!

ercchry
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM

really?! i just ordered a bunch of parts using usps instead of ups... canada post is always good to me. last time my package showed up a day early! and i love how you can just pick it up at the corner store if you miss the delivery guy instead of dealing with ups or fedex when you have to sign the leave at door slip and wait another day

Tik-Tok
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Did your package contain a mysterious white powder? If so, it was confiscated yesterday, after the facility was evacuated

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

really?! i just ordered a bunch of parts using usps instead of ups... canada post is always good to me. last time my package showed up a day early! and i love how you can just pick it up at the corner store if you miss the delivery guy instead of dealing with ups or fedex when you have to sign the leave at door slip and wait another day

Your guy actually tries to deliver???? Do you slip him money under the table? lmao

Both at my new place, and old. They just dump "mail delivery attampt slips" in to my mailbox on the corner.

Yesterday a registered letter came in, watched him fill the mail, was going to ask about my missing package but was too busy eating. I finish up quick, he's gone, walk over to check the mail, and BAM, delivery notification failed....

These contractors piss me off. They NEVER attempt delivery, and the guy at my new place delivers the mail at 7:45PM every night. WTF

And as of today CP is reporting my package as still hanging out at the Calgary postal facility...

arian_ma
05-25-2011, 11:44 AM
I got a package delivered from China on a Sunday, I pressed "buy" on eBay only 5 days earlier.

:nut:

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I got a package delivered from China on a Sunday, I pressed "buy" on eBay only 5 days earlier.

:nut:
grrrrr hahaha

Anyone know the diff between "Item processed at local delivery facility" and "Item processed at postal facility"?

I always though local facility is last before out to delivery, but apperently it hit locally, and then was processed at the postal facility?

derpderp
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I hate Canada Post, I've had way to many issues with lost packages, late mail and general fuckery to use them anymore for anything besides .50C national mail.

That explains a lot. :banghead:

BensonTT
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Is the canadapost strike 100% a go now??

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
I hate Canada Post, I've had way to many issues with lost packages, late mail and general fuckery to use them anymore for anything besides .50C national mail.

That explains a lot. :banghead:

I'm sick of it... Numerous issues here too...

In the past I've tried to stay clear of companies that ship via Canada Post... Only making certain exceptions...

As of now, I'm never purchasing from or doing business with another business who ONLY ships with Canada Post...

nickyh
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I've had a package sitting at customs since May 18th in Vancouver according to the website, as of today it still shows it's there.

I know a guy who works for Canada Post, apparently if they do vote to stike it will be a long one.

badatusrnames
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Trying to get some stuff delivered. Forked out like 50 bucks for Priority NextAM shipping from Ontario...

Shipped Thursday (19th), estimated delivery was Friday (20th). It's now the 25th...

Item got to Calgary on Saturday, and according to tracking it's just hanging out in the Calgary postal facility.

Called, they say they only have whats on the tracking and they initiated a "trace" (whatever that means).

I get soo annoyed when my only option is CP...

I've had an issue like this before, you should be able to get a refund if you forked over extra money to have it delivered by a certain time.

But yeah, screw Canada Post, I've had my ebay seller rating screwed up because they can't deliver stuff on time, haha.

mr2mike
05-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Apparently, the Union has sent Canada Post their offer. But they just haven't received it yet. A tracking case has been opened.

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Apparently, the Union has sent Canada Post their offer. But they just haven't received it yet. A tracking case has been opened.

LMAO hahahaha

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

I've had an issue like this before, you should be able to get a refund if you forked over extra money to have it delivered by a certain time.

But yeah, screw Canada Post, I've had my ebay seller rating screwed up because they can't deliver stuff on time, haha.

I paid $60 bucks for Priority AM next day shipping... Could care less about the refund, just wanted the package ASAP...

ugh

chkolny541
05-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

i see what you did there...and i like it

Troll-ol
05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Im still waiting for my stuff that I ordered over a month ago :whipped:

SKR
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Your guy actually tries to deliver???? Do you slip him money under the table? lmao

Both at my new place, and old. They just dump "mail delivery attampt slips" in to my mailbox on the corner.

Yesterday a registered letter came in, watched him fill the mail, was going to ask about my missing package but was too busy eating. I finish up quick, he's gone, walk over to check the mail, and BAM, delivery notification failed....

These contractors piss me off. They NEVER attempt delivery, and the guy at my new place delivers the mail at 7:45PM every night. WTF

And as of today CP is reporting my package as still hanging out at the Calgary postal facility...

My mail man does the same thing, and as stupid as it is to not even try to actually deliver a package, it gets worse.

I got a card in my mailbox and went down to the post office the same day to pick it up. When I got there, they told me I had to come back tomorrow. See, even though they go to the same fucking mailboxes every day and know goddamn well they're not going to even try to actually deliver the package, they will still put it on the truck. So you have to wait for the mailman to get back to the post office and unload the truck before you can get whatever you're supposed to get.

I suggested to the woman at the post office that maybe it would be more efficient to just not put anything on the truck that they have no intention of delivering in the first place, and she had no idea what I meant. All she could say is that's how it works and to come back tomorrow.

ercchry
05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SKR

So you have to wait for the mailman to get back to the post office and unload the truck before you can get whatever you're supposed to get.

or do a quick spin around the neighborhood and find them and ask them for the package... works for me!

maybe we just have great mail people, but i have never had an issue :dunno:

Sugarphreak
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM

HiTempguy1
05-25-2011, 01:28 PM

I paid $60 bucks for Priority AM next day shipping... Could care less about the refund, just wanted the package ASAP...

ugh

FFS people, there is this amazing company called Purolator that does OVERNIGHT delivery in Canada for stupid cheap.

:facepalm:

For myself, Canada Post is cheap and much more reliable than UPS. Also, when shipping across the border I don't get dinged with retarded duty fees. Win-Win. If you need something ASAP, use Purolator. If you don't, Canada Post.

Zhariak
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM

FFS people, there is this amazing company called Purolator that does OVERNIGHT delivery in Canada for stupid cheap.

:facepalm:

For myself, Canada Post is cheap and much more reliable than UPS. Also, when shipping across the border I don't get dinged with retarded duty fees. Win-Win. If you need something ASAP, use Purolator. If you don't, Canada Post.

I never use CP... The company I purchased from ONLY uses it, thats why I got stuck...

In addition, that registered letter they left the notification for yesterday, says its ready to be picked up after 1 today...

Just went to get it, they say they know nothing about it... WTF?

Proyecto2000
05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I have also been waiting for a package to leave customs for the last 6 business days :banghead:

Cooked Rice
05-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Someone pulled the fire alarm at the sort facility yesterday, that set some things back. But I still got my expresspost package on time :dunno:

Oh yeah and Purolator handles domestic Canada Post packages FYI to one of the above posts. FedEx handles priority international CP packages.

Zhariak
05-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Hmmm....

So it's been an effin week...

So my Priority AM shipment which was shipped exactly one week ago which was supposed to be next business day still hasn't been deliver. And has been sitting at the Calgary postal facility for 6 days!

I'm getting angered... Bah...

Apparently all CP can do is "trace" which takes 10 business days...

So much for the gift I was going to give someone tomorrow...

BensonTT
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000
I have also been waiting for a package to leave customs for the last 6 business days :banghead:

Item stuck at customs has NOTHING to do with canadapost! They don't control customs!

Proyecto2000
05-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

Item stuck at customs has NOTHING to do with canadapost! They don't control customs!

I was told that the item had cleared and it was just sitting somewhere between customs and the sorting facility

AndyL
05-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Purolator? As opposed to canada post?

:rofl:

http://www.purolator.com/media/corporate/corporate_history.html

Canada Post Corporation purchased an additional interest in Purolator from Onex, increasing its ownership in Purolator to 95.81 per cent.

I'll leave the rest alone :) there's more to the stories... if there's customs $ you're going to get carded - union thing. Otherwise... Well lazy posties :) And yes my wife is one of em :rofl:

BTW it's the letter carrier types who are striking, if you have a supermailbox - as long as the inside workers keep kinda working, should still get mail (different contracts) - and last word from the wifes union was expect rotating strikes not an all out nothing moves strike...

heavyD
05-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Maybe it's just me but I find that my mailbox empty every second day and full of stuff every other day? Do a lot of these carriers only hit boxes every 2nd day now?

Zhariak
05-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Maybe it's just me but I find that my mailbox empty every second day and full of stuff every other day? Do a lot of these carriers only hit boxes every 2nd day now?

It was like that at my old place...

Zhariak
05-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Sooooo

Here's an update for those few of you who might actually like to listen to my complaining...

Contacted sender yesterday around 4:00PM. They started an investigation and just re-shipped the order with UPS next day and apologized... Told me to decline the CP shipment if it does come.

2 hours later, I checked tracking on Canada Post for original shipment and it stated "Item out for delivery" at around lunch that day (holy shit, what a delay).

at 8:00PM the 2nd shipment with UPS was picked up in Ontario.

Fast forward to today... Package never came yesterday. Checked CP tracking and it stated that the item is now available for pickup at the post office... I'm assuming the mail contractor delivery guy just left a "Delivery Notice" in my mailbox as he usually does. It says I can't pick it up till after 1:00PM today.

Checking tracking on my 2nd shipment from UPS, it's in Calgary and out for delivery...

It's funny how UPS can get something from Ontario to Calgary, and on a track out for delivery, in the time it takes CP to put it on a truck for delivery that doesn't actually deliver it, and drop it off at the post office. lol

e31
05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
I have an issue with Canada Post. I was reading somewhere (Herald maybe) that they want a wage increase for new workers from $19 to $23 an hour. Mail sorting and delivery does not warrant these kind of wages ffs.

That, and I never get flyers delivered on time. I got an expired Zellers one yesterday.

ercchry
05-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by e31
I have an issue with Canada Post. I was reading somewhere (Herald maybe) that they want a wage increase for new workers from $19 to $23 an hour. Mail sorting and delivery does not warrant these kind of wages ffs.

That, and I never get flyers delivered on time. I got an expired Zellers one yesterday.

21% increase?! during a rescission?!!