PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's Buffalo Chicken Burger

trieu
05-26-2011, 12:46 AM
The best fast food burger ever is back! I've been waiting years for its return :drool:

winson2001
05-26-2011, 11:52 AM
I liked the bacon n blue better :D

Tik-Tok
05-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Just finished one. Pretty disappointed. I'd say it was even less hot, than a "Spicy Chicken Sandwich", which is pretty tame to begin with. It's messy as fuck too.

I'll stick to ordering the Spicy Chicken, and dumping my own hotsauce on it.

Jeremiah
05-27-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm still protesting Wendy's until they bring back the Spicy Baconator, now thats a fucking delicious fast food burger

derpderp
05-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The best.

RY213
05-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Tried this yesterday and wasnt very impressed. I thought the Asiago bacon chicken sandwich was a lot better...

Gorilla
05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Man I love that burger.. should make it a regular for sure

sdevils15
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I'm still protesting Wendy's until they bring back the Spicy Baconator, now thats a fucking delicious fast food burger

I always get bacon added to my spicy chicken now and it's awesome.

powerslave
05-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by RY213
Tried this yesterday and wasnt very impressed. I thought the Asiago bacon chicken sandwich was a lot better...

Hell yes! I love that asiago sandwich. I just tried the buffalo and it was alright, nothing special (bit of a mess as somoene said).

240SX92
06-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Love these, was pissed when they were taken away the first time, although I'm more a fan of the BBQ chicken burger then buffalo.

Mar
06-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I've been protesting them ever since they wouldn't serve me when I walked up to the drive through window because they were closed inside. This woman shut the window, took 2 steps back and crossed her hands behind her back straight out of some training camp. Then she was trying to talk to me through the window, I was like, "WTF are you doing? I just want some food." So then we gave our order to some guy coming through in a truck and she still wouldn't give him our food because she knew his second order was for us. What a circus show.

Is this spicy burger anything like the Dairy Queen Flamethrower burger? The commercial had the guy breathing fire every time he opened his mouth and when I ate it I was wondering if I had ordered the correct thing. Why do they market it as hot if it's not even spicy? I don't get marketing. Are they afraid some people will complain? What do they expect when the fictional depiction is a guy breathing fire? I don't get it. Haven't bought a spicy burger anywhere since.

Neil4Speed
06-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I've been protesting them ever since they wouldn't serve me when I walked up to the drive through window because they were closed inside. This woman shut the window, took 2 steps back and crossed her hands behind her back straight out of some training camp. Then she was trying to talk to me through the window, I was like, "WTF are you doing? I just want some food." So then we gave our order to some guy coming through in a truck and she still wouldn't give him our food because she knew his second order was for us. What a circus show.

Is this spicy burger anything like the Dairy Queen Flamethrower burger? The commercial had the guy breathing fire every time he opened his mouth and when I ate it I was wondering if I had ordered the correct thing. Why do they market it as hot if it's not even spicy? I don't get marketing. Are they afraid some people will complain? What do they expect when the fictional depiction is a guy breathing fire? I don't get it. Haven't bought a spicy burger anywhere since.

Your post is hilarious on so many different levels - I'm going to assume that your joking.

Most (essentially all) drive-thru's do not serve walk up purpose due to Liability, Safety and Insurance Reasons. ie. A car turning a blind corner and hitting a pedestrians, Safety (as its more difficult to drop a cashier in a car than on foot). Many places also have weight sensors to only allow orders to go though when triggered.

Also, I am pretty sure you mean Boycott, not Protest - Unless you actually did go out and protest against Wendy's Drive-Thru policies in which case, I am impressed by your dedication and am wondering how many people you had show.

Lastly, since you didn't have a spicy enough burger at one place you refuse to have them at any other place? I can't believe that the DQ incident was that traumatic and scarring.

viff3r
06-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I thought the buffalo chicken burger was Meh. As soon as I finished it I wished that I'd got a baconator instead.

+1 to bringing back the spicy baconator :drool: It's probably a good thing they took it away, I'd have had several heart attacks by now.

Mar
06-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Your post is hilarious on so many different levels - I'm going to assume that your joking.

Most (essentially all) drive-thru's do not serve walk up purpose due to Liability, Safety and Insurance Reasons. ie. A car turning a blind corner and hitting a pedestrians, Safety (as its more difficult to drop a cashier in a car than on foot). Many places also have weight sensors to only allow orders to go though when triggered.

Also, I am pretty sure you mean Boycott, not Protest - Unless you actually did go out and protest against Wendy's Drive-Thru policies in which case, I am impressed by your dedication and am wondering how many people you had show.

Lastly, since you didn't have a spicy enough burger at one place you refuse to have them at any other place? I can't believe that the DQ incident was that traumatic and scarring.
Most of my posts are meant as somewhat comedic but you're one of the only ones to get it! :) I'll eat whatever, I've had some spicy burgers at places before, none of them impressed me. I just don't like eating burgers out in general and if I have to go to any takeout burger place it is usually Wendy's.

I still think it's retarded not to serve walkers through the drive-through though, I keep making references to Newfoundland and this isn't an exception, they'll serve anyone there. I've walked through the drive-through many, many times because they're open later, I've gone through backwards because my passenger wanted an order and I couldn't be bothered to keep relaying and whatever else you can think of. One time while standing there at the window, I was digging in my pocket for change and when I looked down there was a $5 in the puddle. I reached down, picked it up and tried to hand it in through the window, the woman reached out by reflex but quickly drew her hand back, it was hilarious! She took it after too.

riander5
06-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Word to this ^^ Spicy baconator was the best!!! They told me they stopped making it cause their spicy cheese sauce was going bad?!?! Either way flamethrowers and spicy whoppers pale in comparison!

ekguy
06-09-2011, 09:53 PM
The bbq one is better and not by much. They both kinda aren't that spectacular...wasn't expecting much, but still expected more than what it ended up being.

JRSC00LUDE
06-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I keep making references to Newfoundland and this isn't an exception, they'll serve anyone there.

Of course they will, they're just impressed someone there can actually afford a hamburger.

R-Audi
06-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Can you do the Spicey chicken with the hot sauce dip??

calgarydub
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Does anyone else find wendy's is the worst culprit for over filling their drink cups with ice and under filling with delicious sugary beverage?

Spicy chicken is very good, not spicy to me, but I know many who think it is... maybe the general public think its "hot"?

gojetsgo
06-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Wendy's always has great value for the money. Can't wait to try this one out. Will probably get a few other $1.89 menu items. Just great value for the money.

Tik-Tok
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by calgarydub
Does anyone else find wendy's is the worst culprit for over filling their drink cups with ice and under filling with delicious sugary beverage?

Yeah, they're pretty chintzi on the pop. Just ask for no ice.

gojetsgo
06-10-2011, 09:00 PM

Yeah, they're pretty chintzi on the pop. Just ask for no ice.

Just ask for no ice. More value for you.

Anton
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM

I've been eating this all the time after drinking lately! It's so good but terrible!

masoncgy
06-17-2011, 03:59 PM
The last time these were around I ate them like they were going out of style, so I was stoked to see their return.

That said, I wasn't as impressed this time around. They don't taste like I remember... that or I have evolved from this stuff... haha.

I had a Flamethrower for lunch today and it was awesome. Half of it fell on my work pants and everything... so delish! :D