PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake Donations

A790
05-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone;

A few friends/colleagues and I set up a page for Slave Lake Donations. Check it out here: http://www.calgaryhomebusiness.ca/about/slave-lake-donations/

We are going to try to convince our employer to match a percentage of all the donations raised. If you could spare a few bucks it would be most appreciated!

There are some very generous and lucky people on beyond, so thanks in advance for helping out!

TomcoPDR
05-26-2011, 06:47 PM
What about household items? Tables, tubberwares, etc...? Anyone willing to collect and drive up? Just wondering...

And clothing? (or is that a lost cause, cuz people will just pick at the good ones and throw out the rest... mind you, myself, I don't throw me stuff out till it reaches a 5 hole minimum or if a current gf bitches)

A790
05-26-2011, 06:48 PM
If you want to donate clothing/household items that's awesome! Since none of us can make it up there we have backing the Red Cross financially instead :)

Guillermo
05-26-2011, 06:54 PM
i'm interested, but how the money will be spent?

A790
05-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
i'm interested, but how the money will be spent?
100% of it, plus whatever our boss is willing to match, will be going to the Red Cross.

Tik-Tok
05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
What about household items? Tables, tubberwares, etc...? Anyone willing to collect and drive up? Just wondering...

West Jet and Ken Borek have a household items collection for donation to Slave Lake. You should see all the fucking garbage there. It's basically a way for morons and assholes to clean out their garages, and think they're doing someone a favour.

A set of skis? Yeap, they totally need those right now.
Ice skates still in their original 1979 box? Definitely.
Mousetrap the board game, with 80% of the pieces missing? I'm sure the little ones can just make their own rules!
Pee smelling mattress? Who could pass that up?

As the hangar maintenance guy said "All this shit should go straight to the landfill, because it's just going to end up in the Slave Lake one anyways, only someone is losing money to haul it up there"

/rant

Anyways, donated to your site. It'll help a lot more than those ski's will.

edit: Your "Donations Coordinator Contact" email address is a little alarming though :rofl:

A790
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the donation! It is appreciated :D

topmade
05-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Already donated a few $$ :thumbsup: I used to pickup donations and people would be shocked and offended when we said we wouldn't take their donation/garbage :facepalm:

TomcoPDR
05-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Originally posted by topmade

Ok, there goes my idea.. ok, back to the almighty dollar I suppose.