PDA

View Full Version : AT Architectural Technologies - some of my work - tons of pics

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm currently in my last semester of my program at SAIT (thank god) and I just finished up taking pictures of some of my work and thought some of you may like to see them :dunno:

The pictures havent been altered at all yet, but they soon will, since they're going into my portfolio.

Anyways here they are......

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:04 PM
My first real "design"

Done in grade 11

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Little perspective action :D

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Highschool design competition......

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:06 PM
same as above....

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Huge CRHBA design comp done in first year AT program....

I received 2 honorable mentions. :thumbsup:

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:08 PM
"art" class from last year AT

100% woot woot.

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:08 PM
I have more.... :dunno: if anyone cares tho.

/////AMG
01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
I.

Hey man, those are awesome. What program did you use for those houses? Nice drawing for your art class. Looks so nice.

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
I.

Hey man, those are awesome. What program did you use for those houses? Nice drawing for your art class. Looks so nice.

all that is hand drawn.... notice there isnt anything from this year, thats cause all we do is autocad :thumbsdow not very interesting

sxtasy
01-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Sydney opera house looks awesome:thumbsup:

/////AMG
01-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Your Grade 11 looks like it was done on a computer. The CRHBA Design competition drawing also looks like it could have been done by computer. I'm talking about your floorplans. What program did you use? If you did.

AutoCAD isn't all that bad. Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 is great, but when it first came out, it had a shit load of bugs and crap.

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:25 PM
the floor plans are even hand drawn :D

and ya autocad is cool... just not cool like those presentation drawings.

88CRX
01-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Sydney opera house looks awesome:thumbsup:

thanks.... btw it looks 10x better in person... kinda looks like shit in the pic :thumbsdow

/////AMG
01-16-2004, 09:54 PM
That's sweet. I don't think I could draw by hand unless I really had to. But it must be a hell of a lot better. What high school did you goto? Was that the CBE competition? I'm doing a CBE competition, very interesting. One of the advantages on the computer is that you can put you house from Autodesk into VIZ 4 and put materials and everything on your whole house (some materials are: actually car skins, brick-walls, change the wall colour, leather sofa, wood cabinets, hardwood floor etc.). And then on top of that you can animate it. I think it's awesome.:thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
01-16-2004, 09:58 PM
You lucky bastard... :D
Man I tryed soo hard to get into that program @ SAIT but they wouldn't allow me in without a Grade 12 Science and the only science I felt that was worth taking was Physics. And I can't pass that for the life of me..

I took Design Studies thru grades 10-11-12. I got a final presentation hangin on my wall from the grade 12 project.

DJ Lazy
01-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Don't mean to jack your thread... just thought I would post some pics aswell... :D

DJ Lazy
01-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Last One... :)

88CRX
01-16-2004, 10:03 PM
cool... what school did you go to?

btw there were over 400 applicants and less then 100 got in. :thumbsdow i wasn't expecting to get in at all :D

izzoblitzo
01-16-2004, 10:05 PM
hey! I finished that course in 2002... pretty interesting.. but I found it so hard to stay awake in some of the classes.. like, code class.. and anything with mr.mobray.. jeeze.

Im workin at a condominium developer's office.. hehehe..

I LOVED building the models.. with that class, you gotta get a friend to give you autocad.. or your so screwed... you'll have to like, spend all your time at school or else.

88CRX
01-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
hey! I finished that course in 2002... pretty interesting.. but I found it so hard to stay awake in some of the classes.. like, code class.. and anything with mr.mobray.. jeeze.

Im workin at a condominium developer's office.. hehehe..

I LOVED building the models.. with that class, you gotta get a friend to give you autocad.. or your so screwed... you'll have to like, spend all your time at school or else.

cockring.... i mean cochrane :thumbsdow

so what exactly are you doing now? drafting up plans or what? are they hiring? :D hook me up :D

LudeRoca
01-16-2004, 10:10 PM
those are some sweet drawing, i didn one back in gr 11, haha i spent the last 2 weeks of the class on one drawing, handed it in, forgot to pic it up at the end of the course, he through it out, pisses me of to this day, ho well was my fault. jsut thought id share.

DJ Lazy
01-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
cool... what school did you go to?

btw there were over 400 applicants and less then 100 got in. :thumbsdow i wasn't expecting to get in at all :D

I went to Lord Beaverbrook... you??

and thats harsh that they only accepted less than 100 ppl... :thumbsdow

88CRX
01-16-2004, 10:18 PM
hmmm.... me too, when did you graduate?

izzoblitzo
01-16-2004, 10:21 PM
oh yeah, cochrane.

hahaha.. what a tool. he dissapeared for a month with some illness so we basically missed his mechanical class. We did the presentation at the begining.. and we were done.. some people chose to write the final exam.. jokes on them.. the test was SOO HARD.. hahaha

there was a petition going around that was trying to get him fired because some of the students didnt like the way he teached and fairness to students.

actually.. we havent started our new project yet, and usually people leave inbetween projects, so I'll keep an eye out if I hear anything... We have an architect that draws up our plans and everything for us.. and once we get the plans, we change them to what we like to keep costs down on the overall project instead of sending it back to the architect. And at the start, these condos are custom, so I sit down with purchasers and design their condos.. (rendering plans and floorplans and stuff)

88CRX
01-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
oh yeah, cochrane.

hahaha.. what a tool. he dissapeared for a month with some illness so we basically missed his mechanical class. We did the presentation at the begining.. and we were done.. some people chose to write the final exam.. jokes on them.. the test was SOO HARD.. hahaha

there was a petition going around that was trying to get him fired because some of the students didnt like the way he teached and fairness to students.

actually.. we havent started our new project yet, and usually people leave inbetween projects, so I'll keep an eye out if I hear anything... We have an architect that draws up our plans and everything for us.. and once we get the plans, we change them to what we like to keep costs down on the overall project instead of sending it back to the architect. And at the start, these condos are custom, so I sit down with purchasers and design their condos.. (rendering plans and floorplans and stuff)

:rofl: :rofl: everyone still hates him.... a bunch of us went and talked to the dean about getting him fired or to atleast smarten up

btw... i want your job!!!! :D

Ekliptix
01-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Really cool. Good luck with the rest.

/////AMG
01-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Isn't Lord Beaverbrook the best high school for Design studies?
Or is that some other school?:dunno:

DJ Lazy
01-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
hmmm.... me too, when did you graduate?

2000 man... :thumbsup:

you? :D

kaput
01-16-2004, 11:30 PM

DJ Lazy
01-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Isn't Lord Beaverbrook the best high school for Design studies?
Or is that some other school?:dunno:

It was pretty good when I went... But I don't know if it was the best... But I learned a fair bit there... Just couldn't get my physics.. :(

/////AMG
01-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

It was pretty good when I went... But I don't know if it was the best... But I learned a fair bit there... Just couldn't get my physics.. :(

:werd: In Gr. 10 I asked what I needed for Architecture the counsellor said Eng 30, Social 30, Physics 30, Pure Math 30.

I ask again in Gr. 11 just to make sure and she said "Oh yea, they've changed a lot around this year now you need: Eng 30, Social 30, ANY SCIENCE 30, Applied Math 30.

I got pissed off because I was then stuck in Physics :banghead: :banghead:

:guns: Physics!