PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants/venue ideas to take a date who is vegetarian

bigbadboss101
05-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Female friend recently decided to become a vegetarian. Thinking for taking her out for an official 'date'. Previous gf/dates we would just go to any nice restaurants but what is a good place to go for one who doesn't do meat/fish etc.

So far we've had fun going to ultimate frisbee, Lillac Festival, DQ etc but it's time to let the intention be known :-) Only known her for a couple weeks and she had initiated all the little 'get togethers' so far, not me. Don't have a good read on her yet and couple other guys from frisbee looks to be into her. I'll take her to the Kenny Chesney concert and may be road trip to Vancouver, if all goes well.

Oh yeah, the other thing that needs to be discussed is the age difference. I don't look 41 at all, and she is 26. :nut:

oupzwrongthread
05-30-2011, 08:25 AM
This is the only place I know of - http://www.thecoup.ca/

Forget the age difference, she is obvi OK with it - Don't make an issue out of nothing. Good for you for getting the attention of a younger lady.

RickDaTuner
05-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Indian places would be my suggestion. lots of Vegi cuisine to choose from, and it can be really tasty.

You need to be careful when ordering though because most dishes are super spicy

max_boost
05-30-2011, 08:46 AM
41/2+7=27.5

26 is close enough. Who cares bud. Get it done. :thumbsup: :poosie:

JRSC00LUDE
05-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
41/2+7=27.5

26 is close enough. Who cares bud. Get it done. :thumbsup: :poosie:

I just can't see it worth having to deal with a vegetarian....

dexlargo
05-30-2011, 09:02 AM
There aren't many vegetarian restaurants in town, but some of the ones that my vegetarian friends like are:

The Coup on 17th Ave. It's actually pretty good, but service can be excruciatingly slow.

Buddha's Veggie on McLeod Trail - A Chinese-type vegetarian restaurant - I haven't been there in a long time, but it was pretty good when I was there.

...There may be more good veggie restaurants in town, but those are the only ones I've been to that are any good.

Gratitude Cafe on 10 Street in Kensington - Not recommended. I went about a year ago, and while the food was okay, the server was rude and totally put us all off. Normally, I wouldn't think this would necessarily be a problem a year later, but the server was also the owner and she's apparently notorious for this.

Anton
05-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Not really what you're asking but why not go to Una or Pulcinella's for some pizza and wine. You can order a vegetarian pizza (like a margarita pizza :drool: ), share, and have a good time.

Both places have a pretty cool environment, Una being slightly better imo.

Tik-Tok
05-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Pretty easy fix. Cook lots of bacon around her. If she's JUST become a vegetation, it won't be hard to convert her back with some nice juicy, thick, bacon.

Neil4Speed
05-30-2011, 09:47 AM
The Coup is actually pretty good even if you are not a vegetarian. The Dragon Bowl is badass.

takkyu
05-30-2011, 10:40 AM
+1 for the coup

-1 for Buddha's Veggie, that place was disgusting. Great if you're hardcore heavy into sodium I suppose?

Muji
05-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Fancy a road trip to Banff? I have heard good things about this place:

http://nourishbistro.com/contact.html

max_boost
05-30-2011, 11:17 AM

On second thought, :werd:

flipstah
05-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Why don't you just do a nice picnic? If you run out of greens, there's dandelions aplenty! Lol jk.

Seriously, it's nice out; picnic that shit up! Also, I recently found out that people DO eat dandelions. :nut:

bigbadboss101
05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Safeway had dandelion for sale. It is supposed to be cleansing.
A bit bitter .

boarderfatty
05-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I really hope she has nothing against eating a nice sausage...

Jeremiah
05-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Do vegetarians suck dick? If so they're hypocrites, and I fucking hate hypocritical woman. Fuck taking her to the coup! Go to the Keg and if she can hang she's a keeper. The problem is, if you start taking her to these fucking dumb places that you'll hate; the bar will be set too high and you'll continually have to act like a princess to meet or exceed her expectations. Are you a man or are you driving Miss Daisy?

takkyu
06-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Do vegetarians suck dick? If so they're hypocrites, and I fucking hate hypocritical woman. Fuck taking her to the coup! Go to the Keg and if she can hang she's a keeper. The problem is, if you start taking her to these fucking dumb places that you'll hate; the bar will be set too high and you'll continually have to act like a princess to meet or exceed her expectations. Are you a man or are you driving Miss Daisy?

brool story co

jaysas_63
06-01-2011, 09:22 AM
just my 2 cents:

taking her to a fancy vegetarian dinner on a first date is trying too hard IMO, ur really putting that pussy on the pedestal. i realize u said she was the one that initiated all the previous outings, but still no reason to inflate her ego now.

i think the UNO suggestion was actually a great idea. order a few vegetarian pizzas, and another couple vegetarian apps, and one meat app so she knows you have a dick. Order a bottle of wine from the wine list (which is pretty good from what i remember, and reasonably priced) ambiance is hip, and lively. perfect balance of nice, and casual for a first date! just make sure you make reservations, when i last went people who just popped in took a while to be seated.

adidas
06-01-2011, 09:24 AM

As long as her vagina took meat than i wouldnt mind.

wintonyk
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by dexlargo

Gratitude Cafe on 10 Street in Kensington - Not recommended. I went about a year ago, and while the food was okay, the server was rude and totally put us all off. Normally, I wouldn't think this would necessarily be a problem a year later, but the server was also the owner and she's apparently notorious for this.

Thats strange. I have been to gratitude twice. I thought the service was great. I can see how the owner can come across abrasive. I had a good laugh with her and it was all cool.

I agree with what Jaysus said. Unless you would go to a vegetarian restaurant without her then don't take her to one. Just about every restaurant has a vegetarian option. Take her pussy off that pedestal.

I would take her to a place like Open Sesame, you can load up on meat and she can have vegetarian if she feels like. Last time I went I had scallops, shrimp, and chicken. She had just her veggies in rice and we both left satisfied.

sputnik
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't worry about where you take her.

She made the choice to be a vegetarian not you. Why should you be forced to suffer because of some dumb lifestyle choice she made.

If she is worth spending any time with, she will figure out how to eat something at most restaurants. Just pick somewhere with at least a couple veg options and let her deal with it. Should be a good test of the relationship. If she gets upset about not having enough veg options or complains about you eating meat you can show her the door without any guilt.

Also, if she is a 26 year old veg... chances are that it is just a fad and will go back to eating meat soon enough.

brucebanner
06-01-2011, 10:57 AM

I dated a vegetarian for 4+ years. Can't offer up an suggestions on where to take her but it is really easy to go out to eat where ever you want. Except places like The Keg :rofl:

bigbadboss101
06-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Alright, thanks for the info guys. Next week she wants to go for lunch so we'll go somewhere near Chinook (I heard that Chophouse is good). Will try out The Coup, Una, and probably a few other places soon.

hampstor
06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Bolero ... we always joke about how bad it'd be to go on a first date with a girl there only to find out she's a vegetarian. :rofl:

Have you considered a place like Xan / Open Sesame?

cream
06-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Xan is pretty good! Let her scoop all the veggies and noodles into her bowl while you get every type of meat possible =D It's what I do.