PDA

View Full Version : Resources Regarding Trucking

JfuckinC
05-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Anyone have any good online resources for information pertaining to trucking? Stuff like dimensions of trucks? typical nozzle hieghts? etc.

Thanks!

schurchill39
05-30-2011, 05:49 PM
What kind of trucking are you referring to? Like freight transport/ oilfield tractor trailer trucking or 4x4'ing? And what nozzles are you talking about? I've been driving truck in the oil field for 4 years and I have no clue what you could be talking about here. We are going to need a little clarification if we are to help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-trailer_truck

or

http://www.enform.ca/courses/CourseDetails?courseID=49

ExtraSlow
05-30-2011, 07:18 PM
yeah, :english:

JfuckinC
05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Haha my bad, def meant semi-trucks. Haven't been able to find much. Just stuff like standard trailer/tank sizes. Any kinda standards they usually follow them to build by. I'm sure the manufacturer matters but there has to be some sort of general resources somewhere on the net. Nothing I could find though.thanks!

ExtraSlow
05-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Still confused as to what kind of nozzles you are talking about. Are you talking about fuel tankers, and the openings they use to fill them, or the method to unload them?
Are you talking about the fuel tanks on any tractor trailer, and the size of nozzle that the fuel tank will accept? Are you talking about trucks that spray water on dirt roads? Firetrucks? Space trucks?

Give us something to work with, and if words are failing you, try to find a picture of what you are talking about.

Sophal
05-30-2011, 07:53 PM
When i was working on a class 1 i just went to the registry and picked up one of their free books. It has dimensions in there and a bunch of other good stuff. But some of the other stuff, try searching for the north american out of service criteria, it may have the other stuff you are looking for.

*also search for the motor transportation act - dimensions & weights.

Black Gts
05-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Amta should have most of your answers or whatever province you need will have a similar agency.

BlackArcher101
05-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I believe the OP is actually wondering what standards/regulations/guidelines exist in regards to the design of new trailers/tankers?

JfuckinC
05-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys, i'll check into those.

I dont mean to confuse, i just dont know fuck all about trucks and need info on like clearance heights and some other shit. haha i dunno. Thanks for trying to help either way!