PDA

View Full Version : Speedoptions Is Now Open!

speedoptions
05-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey Everyone,
Just letting you all know our store front is now open, and feel free to drop by to check out our new place. Our website should be up and running within the week or so hopefully -- otherwise you can reach us at 403-250-7006 or email us at [email protected]

Our regular store hours are from 10:00am-6:30pm Monday to Friday **Now open on Saturdays from 11:00am-5:00pm**
We look forward to meeting you all! :D

Address: Unit #7 - 4261 23rd Street N.E.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/_sofa/MAP.png

Edit: Unfortunately, we are still waiting for the bank to setup our debit and credit machine. At this time we are only taking cash for now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edit: Debit and credit is all setup and ready to go!!! :D

Maxx Mazda
05-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Might pop in in the next few weeks. Time to get that website up ASAP.

Redlyne_mr2
05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
What do you guys do?

dj_rice
05-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
What do you guys do?

Another tuning shop?

That.Guy.S30
05-30-2011, 10:05 PM
What do you guys do?

yea another shop.
Good luck guys!

Maxx Mazda
05-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Most important question:

Do you have a dyno?

speedoptions
05-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Most important question:

Do you have a dyno?

Unfortunately we do not provide dyno service. Sorry.

speedoptions
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
What do you guys do?

We are currently retailing aftermarket performance parts and tires. We also mount and balance tires.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
So what makes you better than the other tuning/aftermarket shops in Calgary? Do you offer any mechanical services?

gretz
05-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by speedoptions

We are currently retailing aftermarket performance parts and tires. We also mount and balance tires.

Do you guys specialize in anything in specific?

What brands do you carry / recommend? Or do you just order "per order"?

Do you do trucks?

Do you do installs?

Super vague on everything...

Speed_69
05-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Do any of you have any certifcations??

M.alex
05-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Advertising 101 .... you're failing .....

Jeremiah
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
do you do lowering?

Crazyjoker77
I also think this post is awefully vauge. Would be nice to know what brands you carry, which vehicles you have lots of expierence with and as a tuning shop what programs are you actually capable or certified to tune with (aem, haltec, ecmlink,ect)

As said before do you actually do any mechanical or electrical work or soley order parts.

Do you keep stock of anything or will people be waiting to recieve there parts.

Do you have any project vehicles to show off ?

It would be really great to know what sets you apart from all the other tuner shops in calgary that order your parts of the internet and mark it up 20% then charge you shop rate for some unlicenesed person posing as a mechanic to install it and then only if its all straight bolt on stuff.

trieuth
This is terrible. Should have atleast had a website before creathing a thread to hype up the shop.

fail.

Clever
05-31-2011, 12:28 PM
^
:werd:

It would be nice to have more info about your shop.

Jeremiah
05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
HA GUYS

I OPENED A SHOP

BAI!

KandabashiDevil
05-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Crazyjoker77
....then charge you shop rate for some unlicenesed person posing as a mechanic to install it and then only if its all straight bolt on stuff.

Are there still shops using un-licensed tech's to do installs?

I would love to know which ones ...

Zero102
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
You mount and balance tires? What would you charge for a mount and balance on 4 loose tires/rims? They are 14" rims with 70 profile tires, nothing special, but the car is up on stands waiting on parts so I can't drive it in.

speedoptions
05-31-2011, 04:03 PM
We offer minor mechanical services such as: mounting/balancing tires, oil changes, brakes, exhausts, transmission.

We specialize and have experience with Acura and Honda.

We carry most of all major car part brands (i.e. Tein, Eibach, mugen, Skunk2, Blox, Password JDM, Rota, Hawk, koni, GC, etc.), and tires (Yokohama, Toyo, Federal, Falkens etc.). Any other inquiries on particular brands please call/email us.

No, we don't do trucks.

We don't have a licensed tech on hand, which is why we only offer minor mechanical services for now.

We don't do any tuning. This includes lowering, electrical, and any other major mechanical services.

We keep popular lugnuts, shift knobs, lips, accessories, tires, and some rims in stock.

We are not a tuning shop. Our main goal isn't to install parts, but to offer the community another option for aftermarket parts. As we mentioned earlier, our website should be up and running within the week. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Any other inquiries please call/email us or feel free to drop by. Thanks.

speedoptions
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Zero102 you have a PM.

CMW403
05-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
So what makes you better than the other tuning/aftermarket shops in Calgary? Do you offer any mechanical services?

I stopped by there today. They have a kitty and a PS3.

Jeremiah
05-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Damn, deal breaker, if only they had a puppy and an Xbox

Kennyredline
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Too bad you didn't give more "options" on when to come...a lot of us work the hours you're open.

NoMoreG35
05-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
Too bad you didn't give more "options" on when to come...a lot of us work the hours you're open.

Yeah. What happened to the weekends? Speedtech was at least open on Saturdays.

CMW403
05-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Whoa I didn't notice you're not open on weekends. That sucks.

slinkie
05-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
HA GUYS

I OPENED A SHOP

BAI!

If u dont like it, come back and kiss my as!

Type_S1
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Do any employee's of the former speedtech work at your shop?

Do you have any experienced car enthusiasts or tuners to help us with parts or....?

Khalil.e
05-31-2011, 05:45 PM
6 - 7 months max

J-hop
05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35

Yeah. What happened to the weekends? Speedtech was at least open on Saturdays.

yea but they also sometimes doubled the retail of items. I remember going in there for a basic auto meter boost gauge. They wanted $108 and I had to wait 2 weeks for them to get it in, I walked out and 15mins later bought the same gauge at Mopac for $56.

hopefully this shop has fair pricing.

M.alex
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by speedoptions
We offer minor mechanical services such as: mounting/balancing tires, oil changes, brakes, exhausts, transmission.

We specialize and have experience with Acura and Honda.

We carry most of all major car part brands (i.e. Tein, Eibach, mugen, Skunk2, Blox, Password JDM, Rota, Hawk, koni, GC, etc.), and tires (Yokohama, Toyo, Federal, Falkens etc.). Any other inquiries on particular brands please call/email us.

No, we don't do trucks.

We don't have a licensed tech on hand, which is why we only offer minor mechanical services for now.

We don't do any tuning. This includes lowering, electrical, and any other major mechanical services.

We keep popular lugnuts, shift knobs, lips, accessories, tires, and some rims in stock.

We are not a tuning shop. Our main goal isn't to install parts, but to offer the community another option for aftermarket parts. As we mentioned earlier, our website should be up and running within the week. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Any other inquiries please call/email us or feel free to drop by. Thanks.

Soooooooo why would I want to go to you for tires when UrbanX usually hooks beyonders up with good pricing?

Why would I want to go to you when mopac carries a lot of those parts, and if not I can wait a few days and get it from Summit?

Not really seeing the business model here .... you have to have ~something~ that differentiates you and makes people want to come, not just 'hai guys; I am helping the community with my shop, come 2 me' :dunno:

Crks&Cstls
05-31-2011, 06:57 PM
yea but they also sometimes doubled the retail of items. I remember going in there for a basic auto meter boost gauge. They wanted $108 and I had to wait 2 weeks for them to get it in, I walked out and 15mins later bought the same gauge at Mopac for $56. hopefully this shop has fair pricing.

+1

speedoptions
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Like we said before, we are hoping to provide an alternative option for aftermarket parts. If you don't 'approve' of our business model, we are not forcing you to go through us. Feel free to go to UrbanX, they're nice people. We're just getting the word out that we're open for business.

At the moment these are our business hours. We apologize if this an inconvenience for most of you.

No former Speedtech employees work here. And yes, we are car enthusiasts that can offer advice/recommendations if you're not sure about anything.

M.alex
05-31-2011, 08:53 PM
I give you 5-7mths tops - you're just saying you offer what dozens of other people in the city offer.

You need to have something that causes people to want to shop at your store - right now I have 0 motivation to even go see it.

For e.g., give me $120k and I'll build you a Lola, then you can say 'look at us; we sell parts and build replica race cars.'. there's something different that nobody else in Calgary does.

mmmm, Lola as a shop vehicle :burnout:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Lola_T70_at_Silverstone.jpg

leftwing
05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Typical beyond thread; everybody jumps on the same bandwagon. I agree OP was very vague and gave beyond a reason to question everything, but simply going to the website answers many questions. May as well give these guys a shot if you need anything, maybe they can beat others prices or maybe their customer service/knowledge sets them apart...before you guys all hate and put this place down why not try it and then form your opinions based on experience not just on assumptions.... Just a thought, you could be pleasantly surprised. And no I do not have any connection to this company, I just hate seeing everybody being so ignorant.

Numi
05-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Went searching for the shop tonight and showed up there at around 7:30 and David invited me and my buddy in even though it was after hours. Seemed friendly and fair on prices, clean shop. Better atmosphere in my opinion than before speedtech closed down.

I think everyone should give them a shot before jumping to conclusions. I wish them luck and hopefully some people here will get off their high horse and give this shop a shot. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Shlade
05-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Alex, quit being a dickhead

Your bashing them because they dont carry domestic parts lmao! You have more than 1 shop on tab right now im sure so this shouldnt hurt you haha

Type_S1
05-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Numi
Went searching for the shop tonight and showed up there at around 7:30 and David invited me and my buddy in even though it was after hours. Seemed friendly and fair on prices, clean shop. Better atmosphere in my opinion than before speedtech closed down.

I think everyone should give them a shot before jumping to conclusions. I wish them luck and hopefully some people here will get off their high horse and give this shop a shot. Everyone has to start somewhere.

As long as nobody from speedtech is there I'll give it a shot!

epp01
05-31-2011, 10:51 PM
You guys need to get your ducks in a row. Doing ANY kind of mechanical work WITHOUT a Licensed Jourymen technician in your shop is VERY ILLEGAL. Good luck on the legal side of things the first time you guys get sued because a tire falls off or somebody doesn't torque a caliper bolt properly..

Just sayin.

LadyLuck
06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
looks like the site is up and running!
Will stop by this week to check out the store :thumbsup:

and you have PM.

J-hop
06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by leftwing
Typical beyond thread; everybody jumps on the same bandwagon. I agree OP was very vague and gave beyond a reason to question everything, but simply going to the website answers many questions. May as well give these guys a shot if you need anything, maybe they can beat others prices or maybe their customer service/knowledge sets them apart...before you guys all hate and put this place down why not try it and then form your opinions based on experience not just on assumptions.... Just a thought, you could be pleasantly surprised. And no I do not have any connection to this company, I just hate seeing everybody being so ignorant.

amen, would also be nice to see more people promoting the motorsports culture in Calgary, instead of bashing shops that open up before even seeing them.

Team_Mclaren
06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by epp01
You guys need to get your ducks in a row. Doing ANY kind of mechanical work WITHOUT a Licensed Jourymen technician in your shop is VERY ILLEGAL. Good luck on the legal side of things the first time you guys get sued because a tire falls off or somebody doesn't torque a caliper bolt properly..

Just sayin.

iirc speedtech never had a full tech, neither does autodream. i could be wrong tho...

Sorath
06-01-2011, 11:31 AM
autodream has a licensed tech

civicsi
06-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I was there today had 2 sets of rims and tires swapped over (Volk RE30/bridgestone RE11 and SSR Type C/kumho XS). I was very impressed with the shop, in and out in about 1 hour. They had some nice parts on the shelf too which i was nice to see.

Big thanks to Dave and Ray. Good luck with your new shop! :thumbsup:

btimbit
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Looking for a quick tire remount, so maybe I'll go check them out

Edit; Nevermind, too far away

superboss
06-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil

Are there still shops using un-licensed tech's to do installs?

I would love to know which ones ...
Speedtech did that all the time, and I got banned for mentioning it!!!!

kvg
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
So many haters. Congratulations on the new shop, I hope business goes good so you can expand your range of services.:thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
06-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Photos of the shop on the website looks so clean and neat, I totally appreicate you guy's hard work in getting this started. Good luck!

FraserB
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Do you guys have the ability to do larger tires? I'll probably have a set of 33x12.5 to go on 15x8 rims.

v2kai
06-02-2011, 12:09 AM
pictures of the storefront on the website make me want to come down and check it out. best of luck:thumbsup: hopefully when I get time I'll make it down to see what you guys are all about.

BensonTT
06-02-2011, 12:10 AM
This new shop are the owners asian or white?

TomcoPDR
06-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by BensonTT
This new shop are the owners asian or white?

Guess you're just gonna have to go and find out.

Disoblige
06-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Shop front pics show what ethnicity the owners are.

Anyways, summer is coming so I honestly recommend starting your business with a bang.

Maybe a group buy on certain brands of wheels or something to get some momentum going?

Would love to see you guys be successful, but only time will tell. :)

Skyline_Addict
06-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Dave is a great guy and I ordered fenders for my car through him. He always kept me posted as to the status of my order, without me having to ask and went above and beyond with regards to the process.

I wish them the best for their business...the store looks nice!

SpeedIllusion
06-03-2011, 01:15 AM
I met the owner in an unfortunate accident(me taking out a small pole) during winter. Even though he didn't know me, he stopped and let me stay in his car for almost an hour and a half while my friend and AMA came. I'll definitely check out his store next week.

PS. I don't know if you remember me, but 2010 Red Mazda3 rental LOL

lastlatvian
06-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I'll be checking this store out for sure! The main reason is all these retarted preconceived notions about this store. It's comical that a car enthusiast community is bashing another tuner shop. All these fickle turkerys should stop posting - if you don't want any cognitive dissonance don't go there (I am not saying you'd get it there just that this is the midset of said people), simple as that. To many whiners on beyond imo.

Chantastic
06-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Best of luck with the shop!

Any chance you have access to (or already have in stock) some ramps made for lowered cars? I can't seem to find any (and yes, I tried princess auto), I don't know where else to look other than order some in online.

speedoptions
06-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic
Best of luck with the shop!

Any chance you have access to (or already have in stock) some ramps made for lowered cars? I can't seem to find any (and yes, I tried princess auto), I don't know where else to look other than order some in online.

you have pm!

smithers
06-04-2011, 04:26 PM
sick a new shop. hope bussiness is good for u guys in calgary.

and hope there not dicks like most of the speedtec guys were. speedtec is a waist of money and time.

speedoptions
06-08-2011, 11:24 PM
We will be opening Saturdays as well now from 11:00-5:00pm. We hope this will be more convenient for some of you. Thanks!!

gyu
06-09-2011, 12:51 AM
How much is your lanyards? I could use a new one

CMW403
06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by gyu
How much is your lanyards? I could use a new one

They gave me one free, head down there.