PDA

View Full Version : color matched paint in a can

HRD2PLZ
09-10-2002, 06:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get few cans of spray paint to match the color of my car. I want to paint the fake wood in the interior the body color of the car, and maybe try to repaint the front bumper...Thanks guys

James
09-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Uhhh, try the HONDA dealership??:dunno: you could always go to Crappy tire, but it wont be as accurate of color match, there "Volkswagen White" that was SUPPOSED to match the paint on my Passat, was horrible! didnt match AT ALL.:thumbsdow

5gluder
09-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Think there's a place called Dean's paint, they can put custom paint in a can.

Alpine Autowerks
09-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Sam's body supply on Manhatan does that

MYKN
09-10-2002, 10:51 PM
I believe Deans has shut down..im not positive though.

HRD2PLZ
09-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by James
Uhhh, try the HONDA dealership??:dunno: you could always go to Crappy tire, but it wont be as accurate of color match, there "Volkswagen White" that was SUPPOSED to match the paint on my Passat, was horrible! didnt match AT ALL.:thumbsdow

Honda doesn't have it in a can. And I don't want touch up paint in a bottle. I won't buy the Canadian Tire paint, because, from past experiences- it doesn't match.

I also heard that Deans shut down, from a few people.

I will try Sam's, thank-you :thumbsup:

ConVict
09-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MYKN
I believe Deans has shut down..im not positive though.

hasnt shut down, was closed for a couple weeks, its up and running now!
and its DEANS AUTO BODY SUPPLY

egmike
09-18-2002, 08:04 PM
I bought paint from deans for my 4th gen civic and it matched up pretty good. it was like 20 bucks a can though.

T5_X
09-19-2002, 09:07 AM
The paint at UAP/NAPA seems to match pretty well, if not, you can get them to custom mix you paint.

Just out of curiosity, what color are you painting the faux wood trim? Satin finish paint from crappy tire (not a motomaster brand) has a very good semi-gloss finish.

Ferio_vti
09-19-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by MR8
I bought paint from deans for my 4th gen civic and it matched up pretty good. it was like 20 bucks a can though.

Yah, I got a can a couple months back to paint my front lip. Color isn't perfect, pretty close. Doesn't compare to using a compressor and brush though, but its good for a cheap or DIY job.

Also, when you order over the phone for your paint always tell Dean's you'll pay in cash. He'll have the can ready sooner. :thumbsup: