PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Holley Situation?

epp01
05-31-2011, 11:08 PM
I've been waiting for a few final pieces to finish off my build and one of those were to send my Holley stand alone ECU to Holley to get re-flashed to the latest software so I can run some new features they added. I called them, they gave me an address to ship to them and told me to put a note in the box with my phone number so they can give me a call to get my credit card info. After 3 weeks go by, no phone call, I look at my tracking number it's been shipped and delivered and arrived at their facility May 23rd. On Purolator.ca I can see that somebody signed for the package as I have a name and a signature. I call them up and he asked me if I had put an "Attn: somebody somebody somebody:" on the box. I said no the lady I talked to never said to mark the outside of the box. He then tells me that if there is no attention to written on the OUTSIDE of the box all the packages just get thrown out in the warrenty bin. WTF HOLLEY.

I asked him, so if I sent you a 5000 dollar supercharger and didn't mark attention on the box you would just throw it out in the warranty bin never to be seen again? He actually said, that there's a good possibility that will happen. So now I am stuck, they "say" they can't find my package anywhere, and it's no where to be found. I have a tracking number and a signature saying that it was delivered to them and it's "my" fault because I wasn't told to put a attn to on the box? What do I do? What can I do? There is no way I'm going to be out 1000 bucks because of that joke show that is Holley in the states. Anybody have this situation before?

FraserB
05-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Email them and ask very clearly what they intend to do to rectify the situation. You could ask that they send it back on your dime and then you re-send it with the appropriate label.

You have the signature saying they received and took it into their care. After they blow you off the next stop is the state's attorney general's office and the consumer affairs office for that state.

M.alex
05-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't like dealing w/ Holley; however, in regards to your case, I think you're SOL. What do you want them do? There's nothing they will do at this point.

Originally posted by FraserB

You have the signature saying they received and took it into their care. After they blow you off the next stop is the state's attorney general's office and the consumer affairs office for that state.

Yea, good luck with that one. Out of state (hell, out of country), minimal dollar value, that claim isn't going anywhere.

FraserB
05-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Seen it handled in cases where the dollar value was less than OP's $1000. While its at their shop they are responsible for it.

KandabashiDevil
06-02-2011, 01:19 PM
That has to be a joke. What kind of company simply discards an automotive ECU?

Holley has to be accountable. For them to throw away your ECU is unacceptable. I handle ECU's every day, and it's pretty pathetic to think that any company (especially one like Holley) would disrespect client property like that. If I were you .... I'd make as many loud phone calls & e-mails to the management at Holley as I had time for in a day.

Thrown in the "warranty bin"? :rolleyes: That's ridiculous.

M.alex
06-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
That has to be a joke. What kind of company simply discards an automotive ECU?

Holley has to be accountable. For them to throw away your ECU is unacceptable. I handle ECU's every day, and it's pretty pathetic to think that any company (especially one like Holley) would disrespect client property like that. If I were you .... I'd make as many loud phone calls & e-mails to the management at Holley as I had time for in a day.

Thrown in the "warranty bin"? :rolleyes: That's ridiculous.

You clearly havn't dealt w/ Holley before, have you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KandabashiDevil
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Never.

Our business only utilizes the highest grade of engine management & tuning software available on the planet. :) Holley wouldn't have the capabilities to satisfy the needs of our clients.

962 kid
06-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Where do you work?

KandabashiDevil
06-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Canadian Tire

arian_ma
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
:rofl: fuckin tango'd into that one

sillysod
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
:rofl: