PDA

View Full Version : Dump or Donate?

Clever
06-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Is there a place in Calgary that would take an incomplete bunk bed frame? We bought this from a local store, when we unwrapped it from the packaging we found out that few missing pieces were missing to assemble this bunk bed. The store then went bankcrupt and so know we have these brand new bed frame pieces that are just collecting dust in the garage. I was hoping someone would know of a place; a school maybe, that has a wood working program that would take it and make the missing pieces, instead of just taking it to the dump. I'll try to find a picture, in case anyone is interested.

Edit: We tried buying the missing pieces from the manufacturer (Eztia) but they only carry the updated version of this model of bunk bed, we ended up returning the pieces they sent us because the updated version have pre-drilled holes that do not line up with the model we have.

Picture of bunk bed. (http://www.eztia.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2201&CategoryID=1672)

Afrodeziak
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Why not drill your own holes for the pieces missing? What in particular is missing? or make your own pieces.

I'm sure if you threw it on kijiji with a very minimal asking price, you'd find a handy person that would build it to use and probably appreciate a good deal for their children...

Clever
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
We ended up buying a different bunk bed, and if we drilled holes on the pieces we bought from the manufacturer, it would've looked really bad as they are already pre drilled. As far as I can remember it was missing 3 main pieces it only came with one footboard(or headboard) and all the nuts and bolts plus the hinges to make the futon frame fold up or down. I'll try to give it away on kijiji if I can't find a place to donate it to, thanks for that idea.

Modelexis
06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
When I read the thread title I thought you were having GF or wife issues... ;)

thrasher22
06-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Put a free ad on kijiji (mentioning its missing parts) and I'm sure someone would take it off your hands in a pretty quick way.

colsankey
06-01-2011, 05:33 PM
But if it's anything like my Kijiji experience, only after they ask you to pay them for you delivering it.

Guillermo
06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
what a strange bunk bead. a couch on the bottom, and no mattress on top. :nut:

ibtintn
06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
When I read the thread title I thought you were having GF or wife issues... ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

Clever
06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Haha, didn't know wives or gf's can be donated now:D, I will be calling around the highschools tomorrow and if that doesn't pan out, kijiji it is.