PDA

View Full Version : UFC event questions

Akumaz
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
has anyone been to an UFC weight in?
it is the day before the fight, and is it free? first come first serve basis for seats?
if so how early should i go?
i got tickets to ufc 132, and i am driving down, and we r wanting to check out the weigh in, so suggestions or any input is appreciated.

sputnik
06-02-2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.ufc.com/schedule/all/weighin/CA

treg50
06-03-2011, 06:53 AM
It's not the greatest website, it's actually functions worse than what they had before... you have to mouse over the time (7pm/4pm) and click on the little arrowpoint or the time to get the weigh-in info (if you click on the event name or the 'weigh-in' button and get the basic event info).

wintonyk
06-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes (Montreal 113)
Day before fight and free access to Fight Club Members. First come first serve seating. You can buy fight club membership then and there for access to weigh ins. There is hotties walking around to get your CC number.
3 or 4 hours early.

The weigh ins are pretty cool. You get to be much closer to the fighter, sometimes even bumping into one or two. I ran into Kenny Florian. This was also the fight where they announced GSP vs Koscheck for the ultimate fighter. Also this was shortly after Edgar beat Penn for the first time so there was a Q and A with him as well.

If you follow dana on twitter, he will twitter about a location where you can meet him and he will give you floor seats.