PDA

View Full Version : Where to live outside Calgary?

snoop101
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Wasn't sure were to put this and figured since its buying a house that real estate would be best.

Anyways My wife and I have only been living in Calgary for just over 5 years and we are ready to leave, but now my job is giving me a nice raise and bonus's look good at the end of the year, so were thinking of buying a house outside of Calgary.

In your opinion based on community, price, and ease of access to Calgary ( Chinook & downtown) what do town's do you like best? We have been looking in Okotoks because of the location, but the prices have gone up so much that you might as well just buy in Calgary and I heard that the town is very busy now. The other town was Langdon, but I know nothing about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sugarphreak
06-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Cos
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Do you want acerages or an actual town? How big? What sort of amenities.

i would live in Cochrane personally. Canmore would be great if you worked 4x10's or some other form of shift work.

2000TL
06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Langdon is pretty much situated on a wetland. There is a lot of development happening, but be cautious of the lot or house you intend to purchase as there could be stormwater issues. The area itself it nice. Canmore is really nice, but far. Have you looked in the springbank area off of Hwy 8?

snoop101
06-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I would be looking around the $300k range, so Spring bank is far from my reach.

Anyone here live in Cochrane? Hows the community? I have only been there once for work and it was very quick. Is it pretty much like Airdrie or Okotoks? I do like the location and im assuming from that area its easy accessible to hiking and fishing.

[Yu]
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I keep hearing there is a population cap or something going on in Okotoks and wondering if that will affect your chances of purchasing a home down there.