PDA

View Full Version : LF Info on Company and Possible Advice

Mattloaf
06-03-2011, 12:16 AM
I've recently been presented with a job opportunity with a company called "Genesis Integration" as an Audio Visual Sales Rep (selling audio visual solutions to businesses, institutions, etc).

Does anyone have any experience with this company either from an employee or consumer perspective? I'm looking to know what the atmosphere is like and how the staff approach clients.

As for the advice, they've sent me an offer of employment as well as a compensation package via email. I'd like to negotiate the terms of the agreement a bit. What does everyone think is fair? Should I be able to request 2 week holidays during my first year? Is it taboo to negotiate on items like bonuses or commission percentages? What % of the offered salary is acceptable to play with? What other items should be addressed during negotiations? Seeing as the offer was sent via email, should I negotiate over email or would calling be best (I'm in Calgary, the VP is in Edmonton)?

I haven't negotiated an employment contract for years so any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks.

HyperZell
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that 2 weeks is that standard for holidays. Lots of places are giving 3 weeks to start now. Also, I would say that it's best to speak to the person that is hiring you, so you can better explain your rationale behind specific requests. You can always follow up with an email afterwards, but I've always preferred a conversation first.

turbotrip
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
2 or 3 weeks is standard for vacation, so you can definitely negotiate that