PDA

View Full Version : Tennis lessons

Dj_DLX
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know where I can get good tennis lessons in NW Calgary?

I've just started playing a while ago and have just been rallying with friends but I would like to get better and maybe eventually play matches. I would like to find tennis lessons that are fairly inexpensive since I am just starting out.

Also, does anyone know a good place to get a racket restrung? The strings in my racket are fairly old and look like they should be replaced.

Thanks in advance!

-David

jwslam
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I just started too
So far I've been rallying with friends and I'm definitely improving... just not very fast haha

Let's play! Paying a professional is a waste of money because all they do is the work of a ball machine (well that's my opinion anyways).

As for stringing, my dad will do it for $25 bucks, strings included

SOAB
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
a pro coach will definitely help if you're serious about improving your game in any sport.

they will tell you what you're doing wrong and show you how to swing correctly, proper footwork, etc. even shot selection and tactics is something that can be taught.

turbotrip
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM
i used to take lessons at the WHC, and they were pretty decent. had them for beginners and advanced too, but I remember them being quite expensive

mucat
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Come play with us here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_126238379222

Our group plays almost everyday.

joe-rocket
07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
If you are serious about improving your game, I would recommend taking lessons. Working with a instructor and doing drills will take you to another level in your game.

I would recommend group lessons at the Calgary Tennis Club. You do not need to be a member to get lessons.

www.calgarytennisclub.com

You can also get your racket strung there by a professional. Please do not go to sports box store stringers.

PM me if you have any questions.

Happy hitting.

Joe

colinxx235
07-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by jwslam
I just started too
So far I've been rallying with friends and I'm definitely improving... just not very fast haha

Let's play! Paying a professional is a waste of money because all they do is the work of a ball machine (well that's my opinion anyways).

As for stringing, my dad will do it for $25 bucks, strings included

Slam, does your dad own a place/work at a tennis shop? Curious where you are located. Strings broke in my babolat racquet the other day =(