PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 most disappointing cars of 2011

corsvette
06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-most-disappointing-cars-of-2011.html

A neat read, i certainly agree with some of their picks (smart, Tundra, Quest) while one i really like....the BMW X6. A girl my wife was doing baby pic's for tonight was telling me their ZDX has been a big letdown with several problems so far and awful fuel economy, then i see it on the list! I'd love to own a Maybach though...

Most disappointing class of 2011

- BMW X6
- MB R- Class
- Ford Flex/ Lincoln MXT
- Smart ForTwo
- Toyota Tundra
- Nissan Quest
- Maybach
- Honda Insight
- Acura ZDX
- Subaru Tribeca

shakalaka
06-07-2011, 11:46 PM
No surprises there to be honest....

chkolny541
06-08-2011, 07:12 AM
sounds about right

Xtrema
06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Replace Insight with CR-Z.

Insight has a purpose. CR-Z doesn't.

Tik-Tok
06-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
A girl my wife was doing

This was as far as I could read.... :rofl:

I'm surprised the Nissan Leaf isn't on there, since numerous owners have been getting stranded due to the lack of miles/charge and bad indication system.

yipb
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
i think the x6m looks nice o.o

bspot
06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
But wtf is the point of an X6M?

All the disadvantages of an SUV (higher ride height, so less cornering ability than an M car) with none of the advantages (no cargo room).

Why wouldn't you just get an X5M (as it appears people are doing based on the article)?

There, I made an entire post about the X6 without pointing out how ridiculously ugly I find it. I'm so proud of myself :)

BokCh0y
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
i am not surprised about the list.

Chandler_Racing
06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
My old man brought home an ZDX one night from work. All I can say is what a peice of sh*t.

I smashed my head getting into the back seat and had to become a contortionist to get in.

Muji
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
My old man brought home an ZDX one night from work. All I can say is what a peice of sh*t.

I smashed my head getting into the back seat and had to become a contortionist to get in.

The rear door/bang head issue is a deal breaker for sure. First thing I noticed when I was looking at the vehicle.

Mitsu3000gt
06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
How the hell did the Cadillac DTS stay off this list?

Muji
06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Where is the list for the most appreciated cars of 2011?

max_boost
06-08-2011, 11:33 AM
My dad has a Tribeca and I like it very much. Good power, very reliable, good utility and it's well put together.

The Tundra has always been one of my favorite looking trucks although I have no use for one.

I'm surprised to see the Flex on the list though. I always thought they were very popular?

snoop101
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
This list is just odd

Maybach? seriously. What the billionaire was let down, what will he/she do?

Smart cars make sense, maybe not Canada where we have big long roads, but in most places of the world they do. Why change something if it works.

IMO Dodge and Jeep have disappointing vehicles.

Muji
06-08-2011, 12:33 PM
This list goes to the top of my "Top 11 Most Disappointing Lists of Lists of 2011".

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Muji
This list goes to the top of my "Top 11 Most Disappointing Lists of Lists of 2011".

QFT

lint
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm surprised to see the Flex on the list though. I always thought they were very popular?

nope, you just remember them when you see them. when we drove calgary -> seattle -> san jose ->seattle -> calgary I saw 1 other one in ~5000kms of driving.

still love mine though

arian_ma
06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Ford Flex is a sick car, especially for road trips.

Whoever wrote that list was a complete moron though. Maybach? Like...the whole company? I'm sure Jay-Z doesn't agree with whichever poor ass wrote that list.

C4S
06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Flex isn't that bad .. :nut:

X6 is a nice driving SUV too .. second to Cayenne ...

But the back seat is dumb!

Redlyne_mr2
06-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Ya we cant keep x6's in stock, they're super popular.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2011, 06:48 AM
I see lots of Flexes around Calgary. I think they are pretty sick if you need a big car. Get one with ecoboost and they are a little more interesting than a minivan.

lint
06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Alberta is Ford country. You'll see more here than anywhere else. And ecoboost makes it A LOT more interesting than a minivan

J-hop
06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
the thing I notice about the flex after having driven it several times while working at a rental company is: its great to be a passenger, lots of room, comfy and plush ride, BUT it sucks to drive them. Out of all our SUVs at the rental company, I hated driving it the most, it has a shittier drive quality than my dads 98 expedition with 300,000kms on it and worn out suspension. I guess if you've never owned an SUV before you might just think that is how SUVs drive, but its not haha.

List was no surprise to me, but I was hoping to see Jeeps on there. After driving almost the whole new line up, with the exception of the Cherokee it has to be the worst line up of vehicles in decades. And what is with the higher end models still retaining the dodge caravan stereos, if I spend that kind of money I don't at all want to feel like I'm driving a caravan.

lint
06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
the thing I notice about the flex after having driven it several times while working at a rental company is: its great to be a passenger, lots of room, comfy and plush ride, BUT it sucks to drive them. Out of all our SUVs at the rental company, I hated driving it the most, it has a shittier drive quality than my dads 98 expedition with 300,000kms on it and worn out suspension. I guess if you've never owned an SUV before you might just think that is how SUVs drive, but its not haha.

it's not an SUV, haha

bspot
06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Ya we cant keep x6's in stock, they're super popular.

A clear indicator women are getting higher paying jobs these days.

J-hop
06-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lint

it's not an SUV, haha

what do you mean, its a full size "crossover" SUV built on the same platform as the new explorer, thanks for splitting hairs on that one :rofl:

lint
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM
what do you mean, its a full size "crossover" SUV built on the same platform as the new explorer, thanks for splitting hairs on that one :rofl:

of course, you're right! They all mean the same thing, the segment was created just to confuse idiots like me. And your dad's 98 expedition with 300K kms and a worn out suspension is THE gold standard by which all crossovers aka SUVs should be measured by! Can I book a test drive to confirm how much my flex doesn't drive like the SUV it should and so I can include that in the lawsuit I plan to file against ford for fooling me into buying a shitty driving SUV?

k, thanks

J-hop
06-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by lint

of course, you're right! They all mean the same thing, the segment was created just to confuse idiots like me. And your dad's 98 expedition with 300K kms and a worn out suspension is THE gold standard by which all crossovers aka SUVs should be measured by! Can I book a test drive to confirm how much my flex doesn't drive like the SUV it should and so I can include that in the lawsuit I plan to file against ford for fooling me into buying a shitty driving SUV?

k, thanks

wtf? no you missed my point, I was not using my dads old tired exped as "the gold standard by which all crossovers aka SUVs should be measured" I was simply stating it drove worse than an old, tired and outdated SUV which should feel 10x worse than a brand new crossover SUV

What I meant by splitting hairs is that there is a very fine line between a full on SUV and a full size crossover suv. And anyways shouldn't a crossover SUV drive more car like than a full on SUV?? there you go, summation of the story and the point I was attempting to make (which you didn't get!) was that it drives like an utter piece of crap.

max_boost
06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
So because the Flex doesn't drive like a SUV, that makes it a piece of crap? :confused:

ercchry
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
And what is with the higher end models still retaining the dodge caravan stereos, if I spend that kind of money I don't at all want to feel like I'm driving a caravan.

wtf are you talking about?

i swear you make posts just to entertain yourself

J-hop
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So because the Flex doesn't drive like a SUV, that makes it a piece of crap? :confused:

NO! (honestly don't know how many different ways i can write that sentence), because it drives like a freaking boat and worse than an outdated old tired SUV (which I was simply using for comparison) is why I said it drives like a piece of crap. As I already stated, being a passenger is great, but being the driver sucks ass in those vehicles. And this is coming from a person who has a soft spot for anything ford....except the flex.

Originally posted by ercchry

wtf are you talking about?

i swear you make posts just to entertain yourself

look at pics of the jeep headunits vs a caravan, seems like the whole chrysler line up shares similar headunits/stereos, you'd think if you were spending that little extra you'd at least not feel like your interior trimmings and their styling were borrowed from a caravan. A few of our cherokees did however come with lcd monitors which were nice.

ercchry
06-09-2011, 03:49 PM
look at pics of the jeep headunits vs a caravan, seems like the whole chrysler line up shares similar headunits/stereos, you'd think if you were spending that little extra you'd at least not feel like your interior trimmings and their styling were borrowed from a caravan. A few of our cherokees did however come with lcd monitors which were nice.

ya... i have a touch LCD nav unit... along with 6 infinity speakers and a sub, that would be the upgrade you get when you spend the extra coin on the options...

and what do you expect? Chrysler is not going to come out with a different head unit for every model they sell :nut:

afif
06-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Sounds right.

The X6 is a horrible off-road suv. So bad in snow. Watch Top-Gear review if you don't believe me! Rented one in summer 2009 in Lebanon and it was ok. Looks cool though.
Here is a pic

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4287/10/102/507145282/n507145282_2317153_1911871.jpg

Maybelater
06-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I think this list is more about disapointments from the manufacturers point of view considering most the vehicles they have listed have had horrid sales.

Redlyne_mr2
06-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by afif
Sounds right.

The X6 is a horrible off-road suv. So bad in snow. Watch Top-Gear review if you don't believe me! Rented one in summer 2009 in Lebanon and it was ok. Looks cool though.
Here is a pic

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4287/10/102/507145282/n507145282_2317153_1911871.jpg
The x6 isn't built for offroad, regardless the x6 was on performance summer tires for that review.

afif
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

The x6 isn't built for offroad, regardless the x6 was on performance summer tires for that review.

True.

dj_rice
06-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Nissan Quest gay, Nissan El Grand in Japan, not so much