PDA

View Full Version : Serious accident behind Shaunnessy Home Depot

C_Dave45
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
About a dozen cop cars, bikes, and traffic re-construction unit. CBC and Global on scene. I got pics and video as well as what happened. I'll post when I get home. Also got an "off the record" of what happened from one of the reporters.

*edit*.

wQse8136c20

gojetsgo
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
I drove past a few minutes after it happened. Saw the EMS tending to the kid in the rear of the Prelude. Heard the kid had his foot sheared off. Damn!

C_Dave45
06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by gojetsgo
I drove past a few minutes after it happened. Saw the EMS tending to the kid in the rear of the Prelude. Heard the kid had his foot sheared off. Damn!

Yup...sad to hear that the Mom had a seizure. She's gonna feel HORRIBLE. Poor lady. :(

Xtrema
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
^ Man that sucks.

ekguy
06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
wow i saw that car and figured douchy Bishop O'Byrne kid. If it's a lady who had a seizure while driving that's really unfortunate.

Hope no one passed away.

gojetsgo
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
With District 8 only ~2 minutes away, CPS were late to the scene. EMS and CFD were the Hero's here.

Stealth22
06-08-2011, 09:06 PM
With District 8 only ~2 minutes away, CPS were late to the scene. EMS and CFD were the Hero's here. Yeah, because every cop on duty just sits at the District Office waiting for shit to happen. :facepalm:

calgary403
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
Yeah, because every cop on duty just sits at the District Office waiting for shit to happen. :facepalm:

Should have called their direct line

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/52adbb53-ff3b-4da1-a507-29f802051526.jpg

Shlade
06-08-2011, 10:49 PM
so thats what happened. wow..

I was trying to go there to avoid the train but they closed it off.. was wondering

Hope everybody is ok!

M.alex
06-08-2011, 11:53 PM
I trolled by there at around 6 .... I don't see what constitutes a serious accident - it looks like the car went around the corner too fast, climbed the mini-barricades and came back down (not like you don't see that every few weeks in the winter there....)

The prelude looked to be in okay condition - the exhaust was broken off and some stuff was hanging below the frame, but nearest I could tell the body of the car showed no signs of damage. No blood or anything visible in/around the car (I stood about 8ft from it looking inside, CPS didn't care, lol)...air bags didn't even look deployed. Not seeing how somebody's getting their foot chopped off :dunno:

TomcoPDR
06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
I trolled by there at around 6 .... (I stood about 8ft from it looking inside, CPS didn't care, lol)

Updated: Wed May. 19 2010 18:54:16

ctvcalgary.ca

Police are looking for a man they believe may be linked to three Peeping Tom incidents.

Two of the incidents happened at a home in the 4100 block of 2 Street N.W.

Early Tuesday morning, police say an unknown man opened an unlocked bedroom window, reached in, and fondled a woman's breasts. The woman yelled and the man walked away.

Another Peeping Tom incident happened at the same home on April 21st at around 11 p.m. That time the woman saw a man standing near her window looking into her room.

The third incident also happened on April 21st at round 11:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Hendron Drive N.W.

In that case a woman heard someone tapping on her patio window. She saw the man outside and says he was exposing his genitals.

In all three cases the suspect is described at White, in his 20's, tall, slim build, dark hair, and was wearing a light-coloured t-shirt.

Investigators are worried, if the incidents are related, that the behaviour by the suspect is escalating.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at

FraserB
06-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Nothing in that article about flexing, pictures of cars being "built", driveways than can be used as a track or straight piped exhaust on rare cars.

Its not him.:burnout:

M.alex
06-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Nothing in that article about flexing, pictures of cars being "built", driveways than can be used as a track or straight piped exhaust on rare cars.

Its not him.:burnout:

I'm also not tall. Or slim.

Although I don't have a problem standing infront of a window and exposing genitalia if she's hot :nut:

C_Dave45
06-09-2011, 07:04 AM
http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/mobile/plus/Young+girl+looses+foot+collision/4915732/story.html

clem24
06-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/mobile/plus/Young+girl+looses+foot+collision/4915732/story.html

YIKES!!!!!

So sounds like the driver was showing off, Prelude under-steered, and floor board came up and crushed the girl's foot likely between floorboard and bottom of front seat?

C_Dave45
06-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by clem24

YIKES!!!!!

So sounds like the driver was showing off.....
Post #3:
...the Mom had a seizure...

Mibz
06-09-2011, 09:00 AM
The article also says the injured teen was male. Lot of conflicting information here.

lilmira
06-09-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Teen+injured+loses+control+mounts+concrete+barrier/4918338/story.html

This one said five people were in the prelude. The injure teen is a "his". No seizure is mentioned. Floor board was ripped apart. Yikes! So :dunno:

C_Dave45
06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Teen+injured+loses+control+mounts+concrete+barrier/4918338/story.html

This one said five people were in the prelude. The injure teen is a "his". No seizure is mentioned. Floor board was ripped apart. Yikes! So :dunno:
Haha. Oh man, that CBC cameraman must have been fuckin with me then. I asked if he knew what happened and the story he gave me was a Mom had a seizure and her daughter lost her foot. :nut:

The Herald's account makes more sense. And that was my first thought just by the type of car and the fact the cops were talking to a teen at the scene. In that case I've got no sympathy. Serves 'Em right. Idiots.

M.alex
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Haha. Oh man, that CBC cameraman must have been fuckin with me then. I asked if he knew what happened and the story he gave me was a Mom had a seizure and her daughter lost her foot. :nut:

Sorry, but you fail at CSI 101

Prelude had a fart cannon. Chance of modified honda, found 1 block from a high school, being driven by:

- teenages: 99%
- single mother and her daughter: 1%

The marks on the concrete barriers clearly showed the vehicle mounted them, then came back down. If the driver had a seizure it's more likely it would have either flipped on the barriers, or mounted, come down, careended across the lane and hit home depot, not come to a stop in the middle of the road.

CSI - I watch it :angel:

clem24
06-09-2011, 02:56 PM
In that case I've got no sympathy. Serves 'Em right. Idiots.

I dunno, I feel sympathy for the girl who lost her foot.. It wasn't her fault. And for a teen, that's going to be really traumatic. And you can go on and on about how it was her fault for getting in the car etc.. But really, there's no one to blame here except for the really stupid decisions of one really stupid driver.

Rat Fink
06-09-2011, 08:24 PM

gojetsgo
06-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
If they were born in the 80s they would've been warned. Fuckin' punks

Km4f-eRE4Kc&feature=related

Epic post. Haven't seen that vid since I was a youngin'.

clem24
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
If they were born in the 80s they would've been warned. Fuckin' punks

OH the memories!! They should play these on Teletoon Retro as well when they're showing Transformers and Thunder Cats.

Kloubek
06-10-2011, 01:26 PM

Epic post. Haven't seen that vid since I was a youngin'.

Nor I. Man that brings back memories.

...also goes to show what a great campaign it was if we remember it as kids. Sometimes the marketing companies don't get it right, and sometimes they do...

btimbit
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
My younger sister has a class with the guy that lost his foot. I can't remember what she said happened though.

chkolny541
06-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
My younger sister has a class with the guy that lost his foot. I can't remember what she said happened though.

thank god for this helpful and informative post, keep that information rolling in

PGTze
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

thank god for this helpful and informative post, keep that information rolling in

lol :rofl:

btimbit
06-13-2011, 11:12 PM

Well, right back at you chief :poosie:

:hijack:

dandia89
06-14-2011, 08:13 AM

thank god for this helpful and informative post, keep that information rolling in :werd: :rofl: