PDA

View Full Version : Questions about purchasing a 2011 Subaru WRX STI from the USA

Aznshadow85
06-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone

I was just curious if it is possible to purchase a new 2011 STI from the states and what are the procedures.

Also I was wondering if there are any companies that do the process that I may be able to contact? I wouldn't mind paying someone to take care of the paperwork necessary and would just like to know the final price

Thanks!

BrknFngrs
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
You'll have a hard time finding a dealer that will sell you a new subaru in the US. When I tried previously they outright refused to sell to me cash in hand.

InRich
06-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
You'll have a hard time finding a dealer that will sell you a new subaru in the US. When I tried previously they outright refused to sell to me cash in hand.

yeap. i say dont bother.

heavyD
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Doubt the savings would be worth it once all is said and done and it will always carry a lower resale value than Canadian 2011 STI's.

Aleks
06-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Are you looking at going to the States because of low stock situation in Canada?

Base STI here is 38k and 34k in US. When you add duty that bumps it up to 36k. A third party will charge up to 2500 to import shipped. And you won't have Canadian warranty so you'll have to pay out of pocket for any warranty and get reimbursed from SOA.

Aznshadow85
06-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. It is a little bit because of the low stock situation and I also like the navi system of the US model but it looks like it might be too much of a hassle to import so I will just wait.

heavyD
06-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Aznshadow85
Thanks everyone for your input. It is a little bit because of the low stock situation and I also like the navi system of the US model but it looks like it might be too much of a hassle to import so I will just wait.

The US NAV system isn't very good and while it integrates into the dash better than the crappy Pioneer in Canadian cars it's way outdated and inferior to units in most other cars these days. Definitely not a good reason to look at a US model.

bignerd
06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Bought two US STI's, one new in 2007 and one barely used in 2010.

Never had an issue selling them as a US car-none of the buyers had any concerns regarding the car, or the price.

There are several threads on here regarding importing a car and several on Western Subaru Club as well. Its not that hard and if you have a day off or a few hours when the car comes in you can do the paperwork/duty yourself, its not that hard.