PDA

View Full Version : USD Visa or other pmt options in the US?

Mys73ri0
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
What do people use to pay for stuff in the US? Do you just use your normal visa pay recieve the crap exchange rate + 2.5%, have one of the US denominated visas?

If anyone has the the 'true' US RBC account, does it actually work the way they claim? ability to swipe your debit card like visa?

BigShow
06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
I just use my regular Visa, you can only spend $400/1wk or $750/over 1 wk...cc rates are marginal.

Thaco
06-08-2011, 09:36 PM
yeah, even getting cash from the bank, the rate is basically the same... i bring some cash for small stuff, but i use my cc on most things.

and you really dont want to get stuck with cash because when you change it back, you'll get hit by more fees and lose more.

schocker
06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I always just bring a certain amount of cash then the rest of my visa. The exchange rate is not as bad as you seem to think it is :dunno:

Mar
06-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, the debit card is also a credit card. The first time I tried to use my debit card at a gas station the guy asked me if it was credit or debit. I kind of laughed and thought the guy was a retard, how am I going to use credit on my debit card? Then I got asked again.....and again.......and again.
I've had accounts with just about every US bank there is, I still owe Bank Of America $1500 but they were assholes.

Euro838
06-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Mys73ri0
What do people use to pay for stuff in the US? Do you just use your normal visa pay recieve the crap exchange rate + 2.5%, have one of the US denominated visas?

If anyone has the the 'true' US RBC account, does it actually work the way they claim? ability to swipe your debit card like visa?

I have an RBC US account based out of Myrtle Beach, SC. They gave me a Credit debit card and also a credit card. The credit debit card is basically a credit card that will withdraw immediately out of your chequing account, whereas the credit card will give you a grace period before you have to pay. Personally, I usually only use the credit card since the credit debit card causes some issues with merchants, especially online.

Also, there's no charge to having any of these cards or accounts so I figured why not.