PDA

View Full Version : Umbilical Hernia

Shlade
06-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Anybody ever get a hernia around the belly button area from strenous stomach exercises?

About to go visit the family doctor today hopefully to get it checked out. Just the other day I ended up doing a pretty long ab workout with quite a bit of weights at the gym and my belly button started feeling a little sore, 2 days later I got a pimple looking mother fucker in there thats sore and Im afraid growing.

If you had such a thing happen to you what did you do? Im gonna have to take a break from the gym for the next couple days it seems just so this can heal

Modelexis
06-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Can you post specifically what ab training you were doing and weight? That way I can avoid doing that in hopes of not getting a hernia. :)

spike98
06-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Im not a doctor and you should definatly get it checked but i doubt its a hernia. If it was, you'd know. My nephew just had surgery for one and it was a big buldge. Like the size of a golfball. Obviously YMMV but my guess if its a "pimple looking mother fucker" its may be an ingrown hair.

At any rate, cut the gym and go to the doctor.

Blacura
06-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Surgery. They are pretty common.

Umbilical is the shortest procedure at least, compared to some of the other types of hernias. He'll make a small incision, stuff it back in to your abdominal cavity and suture the weak spot with some fishing line like sutures. Sometimes they put a small mesh over the weak spot too.

Get it looked at for sure. They can get out of hand, and if your bowel (which is whats coming out) has it's blood supply cut off you're going to be in much deeper than now.

I've seen many of them done, you can PM me if you have any concerns.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
My hernia bulged but didnt hurt for weeks.

I thought it was just a cyst and eventually the pain came like a train through a wall.

Get it looked at and book the surgery if it needs it.

Shlade
06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Doctor looked at it and thinks it's just a small infection from having maybe something dirty there or me picking at it with dirty fingers.. Who knows.. Gave me some cream I have to put on twice a day. Swelling has gone down.. Thank god it's not a hernia

adidas
06-13-2011, 10:07 PM
^ not surprised.

I can count how many dudes ive seen, piss and shit and just walk straight into the gym without washing their hands.

rinny
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
If you truly think it is a hernia don't be afraid to get a second opinion.

My brother had one just as you describe, perhaps the size of a quarter bulging out above his belly button.

The doctor told him it was a "lump of fat".

He ended up getting surgery in months to come after secondary opionons.