PDA

View Full Version : 94 octane calgary?

mikemikemike222
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Alright well heres the deal, probably around 3 years ago i owned an sr20 silvia, which i used 94 octane in everytime, and i always went to the mohawk station on 16th between edmonton trail and center i think

anyway i bought a new forced induction car and i was wondering if there is any other places closer to the N.E that i can get 94 octane from? seeing as the mohawk just dissapeared haha.

either that or would i be fine running shell 91??

thanks guys.

Commanderwiggin
06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Shell 91 is all I ever use...make sure its at a popular station. What car and what's it tuned for?

mikemikemike222
06-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Commanderwiggin
Shell 91 is all I ever use...make sure its at a popular station. What car and what's it tuned for?
/
i was told that if you use 91 you wont boost as nice as if you would using 94.

its a b18A, integra at no more than 6Psi, chipped with OBD0 turbo edit.

rage2
06-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Commanderwiggin
I couldn't use Shell 91 on my HPF. It was triggering the knock alarm. Mohawk 94, zero knock.

mikemikemike222
06-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I couldn't use Shell 91 on my HPF. It was triggering the knock alarm. Mohawk 94, zero knock.

i was told this too, but arent ethanol blends bad for older cars because of the rubber hoses?

and does anyone know of any huskys or mohawks that have 94 in the northeastern area of calgary? ** NVM i think i found one on 418 - 14th street NW.

E90Vader
06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I have seen this come up again and again on various Calgary forums.

Husky / Mowhawk surprisingly has 94 octane at almost every one of there Calgary locations now! I only use Husky 94 in my car due to my timing / current tune and it works perfect. I have never seen a drop in timing or engine knocks using this gas and my tune is specifically for 93 octane fuel.
There has been many debates that Husky 94 is "ghetto gas" However I have friends in the BMW circle whom has analyzed Husky's fuel grade and have proven it is high quality gasoline.
If you are looking for 94 Octane, use Husky.

Here is a locator link

http://www.myhusky.ca/station_locator.html?provinceID=AB&cityID=Calgary

Click that link, then on the middle right hand side of the screen click 94 octane and search. There is your list of every gas station in Calgary that carries 94 octane.
Only draw back is the 10% Ethanol, it does cause you to get 5% worse gas mileage, but your emissions are cleaner. The government is passing a rule requiring all gas stations to put 10% ethanol into there fuel so in no time it won't really mean much.

Shell V-power from what I have seen in my circles is the cleanest 91 octane you can get in the City. If you don't want 94 octane get Shell V-power!
If your looking for 94 Octane review the link above.

J-hop
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by E90Vader
I have seen this come up again and again on various Calgary forums.

I think someone is going to have to sticky one of these threads, I swear i've seen at least four variations of this thread pop up in the last month.

mikemikemike222
06-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

I think someone is going to have to sticky one of these threads, I swear i've seen at least four variations of this thread pop up in the last month.

sorry i didnt even think to search :facepalm: :facepalm: :thumbsdow

my bad guys but thanks for the help!

E90Vader
06-10-2011, 04:18 PM
:Attention MODS
Sticky a thread subjected "Calgary 94 Octane"
Post a direct link to the www.myhusky.ca website.
Then advise readers to search for 94 octane gas branches in whichever city they reside in.

mikemikemike222
06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by E90Vader
:Attention MODS
Sticky a thread subjected "Calgary 94 Octane"
Post a direct link to the www.myhusky.ca website.
Then advise readers to search for 94 octane gas branches in whichever city they reside in.

agreed, although i just took the time to call all of the huskys in the N.E of calgary and they all seem to carry 94 octane.
i was under the assumption that they were only in select stations.
:facepalm:

kvg
06-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

:werd:

mugensix
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
just got 94 from husky on 17 goin towards chestermere

Toma
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, Husky 94 is still best under boost.

91 Octane Shell is my second pick, other stations 91 or 92 seems to ping even on a NA car.... Not sure why lol.

03ozwhip
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by rage2

speaking of which, sorry if its off topic but who installed your HPF and tuned it and everything? was it tuned for 91 or 94?