PDA

View Full Version : Sigh, someone key'ed my car today.

InRich
06-10-2011, 11:32 PM
So I was out doing an estimate, the car was parked on the side of the street, and got key'ed... fucking bastards...

You guys think Calgary BMW will do a good job on removing it? or should I take it else where?

FraserB
06-10-2011, 11:41 PM
My prediction.

3 pages.

In first.

ddduke
06-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
My prediction.

3 pages.

In first.

i'm saying only 2

EDIT: I think you're only hunting for attention so pics or it didn't happen.

TomcoPDR
06-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Need pic to determine if it can be polished out or if you actually need a new paint job.

But I mean sometimes life is a little ironic, don't cha think? Cuz you know, you own a painting company, and your car needs a paint job... Sometimes it's like rain, on your wedding day.

Neil4Speed
06-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Need pic to determine if it can be polished out or if you actually need a new paint job.

But I mean sometimes life is a little ironic, don't cha think? Cuz you know, you own a painting company, and your car needs a paint job... Sometimes it's like rain, on your wedding day.

Almost like a free ride, when you've already paid

InRich
06-11-2011, 12:36 AM
http://postimage.org/image/666wn2tg/

cream
06-11-2011, 12:41 AM
^ Great quality pic! You know.. If you had a Porsche, this likely wouldn't have happened.

InRich
06-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Another.

http://postimage.org/image/66ihei9w/

yea guys, I'm really on here looking for all the attention in the world cause I got nothing better to do with my life... i'm such a loser, I'm gonna make fake shit up, and post on here for your attention.

I'm pretty bummed out by this actually. I'm gonna phone BMW monday, and get it booked in, unless you guys know someone amazing that can take care of my baby. at least I sold two houses today, so thats good.

The quality of the pic is bad, cause its in my garage, at night, with only two lights in there... and I'm taking the pic with an old camera.

http://postimage.org/image/67fk5g5g/
Since I emptied my camera, and just found out how to post pictures on here, heres what I do for a living... this is one of the houses I did last year... I think it came out great. This house had a full stucco paint job, and all the stone work got repaired, primed, and refinished... it used to be pink.

That.Guy.S30
06-11-2011, 12:51 AM
bmw will just sent you to maranellos. cant say enought good things about them.

J-hop
06-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Almost like a free ride, when you've already paid

or the good advice, that you just didn't take.

OP sorry to say this but from the pic I don't think that is going to buff out. Someone went down our street a few years ago and key every car on our side of the street, my dads truck had a similar looking line down the whole side and after having a body shop go at it twice it is still very noticeable.

InRich
06-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I can't believe I'm finding all this stuff on this camera... check out this
BEFORE
http://postimage.org/image/69tk3htw/

AFTER

http://postimage.org/image/6af23090/

InRich
06-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

or the good advice, that you just didn't take.

OP sorry to say this but from the pic I don't think that is going to buff out. Someone went down our street a few years ago and key every car on our side of the street, my dads truck had a similar looking line down the whole side and after having a body shop go at it twice it is still very noticeable.

I hope your wrong... I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I'm trying not to think about it anymore tonight.

heavyfuel
06-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Why are there aso many frequent posts/threads about Beyonders getting keyed/vandalized/prowled and such? You guys must really know how to piss people off, I've never seen so much mishap within any one specific group. You don't key a nice vehicle just for the hell of it. OP, you mentioned you were doing an estimate? Were any of your competitors estimating the same job? Did you lowball somebody? Neighborhood? Parking job? I think every BMW sold should come with a full size mirror for your home.

chkolny541
06-11-2011, 10:28 AM
ouchhh.. shitty deal OP. Good luck, did it go right down to bare metal or was it just to primer level?

msommers
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by InRich
yea guys, I'm really on here looking for all the attention in the world cause I got nothing better to do with my life... i'm such a loser,

heres what I do for a living... this is one of the houses I did last year...

I can't believe I'm finding all this stuff on this camera... check out this
BEFORE
http://postimage.org/image/69tk3htw/

AFTER

http://postimage.org/image/6af23090/

Topic of thread: Got my car key'd. Then this^ :rofl:

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
bmw will just sent you to maranellos. cant say enought good things about them.

Great work, more expensive but it'll be done right. Have heard the wait list is quite long typically.

Toma
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
BEST guy in town for this kind of stuff is my buddy Jason. He and his brother share a shop (his Brother is Dent Demon PDR).

If it can be polished out, he can do it. If it needs paint, he can blend it.

His business is called "Mr. Touch-up".

I bought a fancy little BMW XI of sometype up for my brother form the US that was keyed hard onoe one side across 3 panels. Worse yet, someone tried to fix it themselves, so it had old primer, and black spraypaint.

He blended it and polished the car, and it looked fucking new, and for a really good price.

These guys do awesome work, they do stuff for "picky" muscle car guys, and a ton of work for dealerships.

Jason
403-437-8285

BUT, I think they are gone for a week or two for a family wedding. Shop is just off Edmonton TRail NE.

TYMSMNY
06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Go through insurance, it'll be probably in the $3000 range. It's a no-fault claim depending on your insurance co.

Distinctive Auto Works is a good place for body work. They are mainly a Benz body shop though but does really good work.

InRich
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
well im not gonna make a new thread msommers, cause then you guys will really jump all over me.

I'm really hoping they can cut and polish it out.

streethondas
06-11-2011, 11:52 AM
an now your advertising your business........:facepalm:

M.alex
06-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
Go through insurance, it'll be probably in the $3000 range. It's a no-fault claim depending on your insurance co.

Distinctive Auto Works is a good place for body work. They are mainly a Benz body shop though but does really good work.

Stupid question, but can't your insurance still go up?

The question they ask is not "do you have any at-fault claims", it's "do you have any claims? period."

M.alex
06-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Can you feel it with your finger? If you can feel it, you need repaint, no questions..

If you can't feel it you can probably wetsand/polish it to the point where it's minimized but still there at the right angle ..... wetsand/polish to completely remove it looks to be out of the question - you'd thin the surrounding clear like crazy.

Xtrema
06-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

Stupid question, but can't your insurance still go up?

The question they ask is not "do you have any at-fault claims", it's "do you have any claims? period."

Only if op didn't tell them he use it for work. Otherwise, no fault accident.

M.alex
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Right, but my understanding was a lot of times it doesn't matter if your claims are at-fault or fault, just the fact you filed a claim is sometimes enough to get them to jack your rates up.

trieuth
06-11-2011, 03:43 PM
sometimes its not even a key, girls with those giant purses and and buckles all over them scratch the shit out of cars.

Isaiah
06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Why did you (OP) spell 'keyed' with an apostrophe...twice?

And on that note, why do people use apostrophes when pluralizing?

frozenrice
06-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Can you feel it with your finger?

That just sounds so wrong....

Masked Bandit
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Claimed through insurance this falls under comprehensive so it will not impact the OP's insurance premiums.

M.alex
06-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Claimed through insurance this falls under comprehensive so it will not impact the OP's insurance premiums.

What happens if he has, for example, 5 claims in 1year? Surely you'll raise his rates, or refuse policy renewal at that point, even if they arn't his fault :dunno: