PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Frontier

93VR6
06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Just looking for opinions on the 05+ Nissan Frontier, I'm in the market for a small-ish pick up and I think the Frontier is the best option.

I'll be using it to get out to rig sites, maybe some light boat towing, and hauling a dirt bike in the bed.

Looking for info regarding reliability, mileage and just general opinions, thanks beyond.

Masked Bandit
06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I owned a 2006 LE. Fantastic truck. If you get the LE or the Nismo they come with a pretty sweet sound system (built-in Rockford Fosgate sub & amp).

If driven reasonably I would get about 12L per 100 km for fuel consumption. The only reason I sold it was I needed something bigger for two baby seats. Lots of power and they drive pretty nice. They corner way better than a Tacoma and I'm pretty sure the Frontier would smoke the Taco in straight out drag.

BigDannyCool
06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
nismos are called pro 4x now. Right now they are selling at employee pricing for this month. you save over $8200

HuMz
06-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Milage isn't great although the Tacoma, Colorado, Ranger, and Dakota are all suck with the v6. Out of the midsize class the frontier offers the best bang for your buck, i'd say tacoma/frontier are ahead of the rest for overall quality/reliability.

I've almost had mine for a year and haven't had anything wrong with it yet (knock on wood), but ive heard the 05's have had alot more go wrong with it. Check out clubfrontier.org, you'll get a better idea what to look for.

93VR6
06-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I had a look at a Tacoma and the same year truck with = km's was about 6 K more and I can't justify that especially with no sunroof and an interior that feel seriously small.

Masked Bandit
06-12-2011, 04:37 AM
The Tacos also have a lot more body roll in the corners, less comfortable seats and a plastic box. The tie down sysemt in the Frontier is the best in the business. I truly miss that.

CapnCrunch
06-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I have an 08 SE 4x4 King Cab with around 75K that I've put on it. Not a single issue so far. I have the 6 spd and get around 550kms on 60L in the city, usually 650+ on the highway.

With winter gas I usually get around 500 and 600 per tank.

I haven't towed anything, but have done about 10+ trips with 1600-1800lbs of gravel/dirt in the bed lol. Plenty of power but I could feel it in the brakes.