PDA

View Full Version : Fence style preference Walden

peteryuan_word
06-11-2011, 10:41 PM
To know everybody's preference, then easyier to get a decision welcomed by most.

As same fence could bring addtional value to everybody, as it bring a whole view.

BlackArcher101
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Pics of said options?

ddduke
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Just go with the basic fortress 1 in treated. It's just a fence and unless you live in a beautiful infill or have an estate property I really don't see the value.

Cedar is beautiful but it's high maintenance, unless you like the weathered look (which I do, but most people don't). Once you go with vinyl fencing, especially in white it becomes a target to get vandalized, I'm constantly getting calls from customers asking how to remove the spray paint, it also looks really cheesy.

Just look around your neighbourhood and do what most people are doing, don't try to stand out like a sore thumb.

peteryuan_word
06-12-2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.fenceutah.com/vinyl-fence-problems.html

Masked Bandit
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Are these prices installed by a contractor? If so I should quit this 9-5 crap and build fence for a living.

ddduke
06-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Are these prices installed by a contractor? If so I should quit this 9-5 crap and build fence for a living.

I'm in the industry and even at those prices fences pay like shit. After you include fuel, advertising, book keepers, accountant, insurance, wages, tools and bobcat to pop holes the profit is almost nothing, even doing it yourself it doesn't pay well at all.

I also forgot to mention that on top of that rate you have to goto most customers houses 2 times and you get a TON of dreamers that you have to quote out in person. On a slow week I have 15 quotes and out of those you only sign about 30%.

Your have to look at things like our mail outs which on average cost about 10k.

It's really not as lucrative as you think.

peteryuan_word
06-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Ocasionly passing by Totem, found.

anyway, just if you have time and interested to do by yourself
seems affordabiliy is attractive.

http://www.totem.ca/