PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ticket Question

btimbit
06-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah yeah, another question about tickets

So I got a parking ticket the other day. I was visiting my brothers condo building which requires you to have a visitors pass in a certain area in between certain hours. It was within those hours, and I had no pass. So ticket deserved.

What my question, however, is the amount. On the ticket there are little check boxes for the CPA officer to check next to the fine amount for this offence. But for me he went down to the "Other" column and hand-wrote $55. I got a ticket for this exact same thing at the exact same place last year and it was only the first check-box, $36. So where's this extra money coming from? Granted it's a small difference, $19 but to me it looks like he just wrote down a random number.:dunno:

It's obvious that the guy was bored, he even took the time to draw a little diagram of where I was parked and where the sign was:rofl:

FraserB
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Draw a picture of a $50 bill and a $5 bill and send it back in.

takkyu
06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Maybe he issued your first ticket and tracks who parks there and gets tickets and since it's now your second offense he decided to make you pay more.

or maybe he's just being a dick, but then if that was the case I'm sure he could have put a weirder amount, like $54.29

btimbit
06-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by takkyu
Maybe he issued your first ticket and tracks who parks there and gets tickets and since it's now your second offense he decided to make you pay more.

or maybe he's just being a dick, but then if that was the case I'm sure he could have put a weirder amount, like $54.29

I thought that at first too, but I had a different car and plate at the time of the first ticket.

Troll-ol
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Cut out a fake 100 dollar bill and tell him to
Send back the change.

AndyL
06-13-2011, 12:41 AM
They always sketch in the violation - for various reasons; mainly in case you want to fight it.

Remember the whole 15$ per search fiasco with the alberta government? most tickets that I see have handwritten pricing lately. Believe there was a fine increase last fall, now that extra 15$ tacked on; who knows when they'll have tickets with the correct price on em again...

eblend
06-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
They always sketch in the violation - for various reasons; mainly in case you want to fight it.

Remember the whole 15$ per search fiasco with the alberta government? most tickets that I see have handwritten pricing lately. Believe there was a fine increase last fall, now that extra 15$ tacked on; who knows when they'll have tickets with the correct price on em again...

This fee has been postponed until October or something like that, was in the news few weeks ago, so unless this happened before that, I don't think this would be the case, or the guy didn't get the memo

nickyh
06-13-2011, 07:46 AM
^^ I think that was only for CPS tickets that they were able to delay until fall.

Parking tickets should have the extra $15 tacked on now.

Xtrema
06-13-2011, 10:08 AM
https://www.calgaryparking.com/c/document_library/get_file?p_l_id=85944&folderId=139075&name=DLFE-6703.pdf

Yes, they raised it. The lowest fine is now $55.

Not surprised when the City is so short on cash.

Kennyredline
06-13-2011, 05:25 PM
The question begs to be asked; if you got the exact same ticket LAST year, why did you park there again?

yipb
06-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
The question begs to be asked; if you got the exact same ticket LAST year, why did you park there again?

he already said he deserved the ticket
but he was just wondering why it is 55$

btimbit
06-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Visitor parking, where else would I park? I just forgot that I needed a pass after 11. That wasn't my question though, I made sure to mention right away that the ticket was deserved and I'm not choked about it, just curious about the increased fine.

frizzlefry
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
I guess you can get 15 bucks back now, city is offering refunds.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/energy-resources/City+refund+parking+tickets/4940362/story.html