PDA

View Full Version : Printer problem

ramminghard
01-17-2004, 09:08 PM
My printer has been messing up lately. It will only print black and pink now. The ink cartridge is new. i have done all the troubleshooting in the help, deleted the driver and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. What would cause this?

GTS Jeff
01-17-2004, 09:25 PM
maybe the printhead is dried up? is it a canon or epson?

ramminghard
01-17-2004, 09:28 PM
hp deskjet 812

Stine
01-17-2004, 10:45 PM
check the heads to see if the ink has dried up....be very careful tho you dont want to damage the ribbion on the heads (if this model has em!)

ramminghard
01-18-2004, 01:56 PM
still not working. everything looks fine.

nismodrifter
01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
I am also having a problem with my printer.......same printer as you have, hp deskjet 812c. but the problem isn't really printer specific I think...

I just refilled my black ink cartridge, only a little ink dripped out of it when I let it sit before putting it in the printer. Now, when I try to print black text NOTHING appears on the paper. Anybody have an idea as to what went wrong?

there was a "cartridge flush" bottle in the refill kit but I didn't use it......if I drain the ink and and do a cartridge flush could it possibly work?

I just want to get a clue of what could be wrong before I drain the ink.....

btw...I had the cartridge empty for almost a month and a half (might even be 2 months...):( could this be the cause of the problem?

thx

nismodrifter
01-18-2004, 09:16 PM
update: I am now getting full dark text SOME of the times that I have tried printing stuff

the only problem I see is that every 2nd line of text is like cut in half vertically (ie you only see the top half of the letters on every 2nd line of text)

anybody got a clue as to how I can fix this? hope the head on teh cartridge isn't wrecked or somethig...

update 2: cleaed off the head with a little tissue ad it works fine most of the time...........problem is fixed for the most part :)

ramminghard
01-20-2004, 05:00 AM
it still isn't working

i can't figure out why

GTS Jeff
01-20-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard
it still isn't working

i can't figure out why are u using refill kits?

dude, it sounds like u need a new printer.