PDA

View Full Version : Need specific metric bolts, nuts, etc - what local shops may carry these?

shadezofgrey
06-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi everyone,

Like the title says I'm in need of a variety of metric sized bolts and nuts, in particular bolts/nuts that come with a flange attached and which sizewise come in a variety of M5, M6, M8, and M10 flavours.

So far I've tried a variety of chain auto part shops/hardware stores in addition to Calgary Fasteners - so far not much luck. Calgary Fasteners did refer me to Triad Fasteners, but I'm awaiting a callback from them after having sent over a parts list. I'm hoping Triad will pan out, but if not I'll try contacting Bolt House, Acklands Grainger, and Alberta Bolt Makers.

Given this, what I'd like to ask is does anyone know for certain if any of these stores happen to carry what I need? Likewise does anyone know of additional shops that I can try contacting?

Given that I have several stores left to try I'm feeling pretty optimistic, but I want to make sure I cover my bases as I'm really hoping to gather everything I need in order to start installing some things this weekend.

Thanks in advance for any replies, info, etc!

.norco.
06-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Ive had good luck with Triad to find metric bolts

M.alex
06-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Triad

Blackfoot Industrial Supply Centre

Believe it or not, Canadian Tire (in Shawnessy) carries a wide range of metric bolts.

Sentry
06-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Calgary fasteners and bolt supply house don't really have shit for metric.

Triad is the place to go.

Supa Dexta
06-16-2011, 07:20 AM
I assume you mean like this

http://www.nuttybolts.com/catalog/images/BFS-Flange%20Bolt%20Serr-5Z.jpg

Its tough to find that stuff.. If I only need a couple I usually go dig around a junk yard for oem stuff.

Zero102
06-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Is Triad the sort of place that has a retail store attached or are they only wholesale? I have been having bad luck with bolt supply house lately and am looking for a new supplier but I don't buy a lot of bolts at a time (~$10)

swak
06-16-2011, 08:20 AM
I just went to Triad yesterday, I'm in the market for the exact same thing at the moment, and all they had for the size I was looking for was a Hex bolt, where I'm looking for an allen/torx. They seem to have good prices though.

Stunt66
06-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
Is Triad the sort of place that has a retail store attached or are they only wholesale? I have been having bad luck with bolt supply house lately and am looking for a new supplier but I don't buy a lot of bolts at a time (~$10)

Triad is retail but i recall a sign saying something about minimum orders or something like that, i've never had a problem before though

78si
06-16-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex

Sentry
06-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Triad is only a $5 minimum.

You could always use lock washers instead of trying to find flange bolts.

MrSector9
06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Lowe's has a decent selection of metric, in coated steel,stainless and brass. I never noticed if they had flanged bolts though. I was surpirsed by what they had though, probably the best selection I have seen in a "chain"