PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING Park Job A+

Pages : [1] 2

bastardchild
06-16-2011, 03:05 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15763171/IMG00319-20110616-1422.jpg

WOW. Its a 370Z, very rare. Defs gotta protect that beast from door dings.

Opa/Edo Japan Westhills.

Zhariak
06-16-2011, 03:10 PM
WTF..... Seriously WTF...

I paid 98K for my vehicle... Never ONCE NEVER have I ever taken up two spots or parked like a douche bag...

I've never had any problems with people dinging my doors, or anything...

On top of that too, I think to myself, if I ever did park like that, doesn't that stick out and make people wanna fuck your shit up?

I don't get it? Why do people do this?

legendboy
06-16-2011, 03:18 PM
i took this one in hopes of getting the guy a ticket

when i called parking authority they said they have to physically be there to give a ticket. such fail, they need to catch up to technology

dr_jared88
06-16-2011, 03:23 PM
I would have parked in the spot to his right very tight to him making it near impossible for him to back out. If you are going to park like that at least do it as far away from the building. If the lot doesn't have room for that, leave your car at home or park inside the lines!

chkolny541
06-16-2011, 03:30 PM
haha, thats pretty bad

btimbit
06-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't find that terrible, other than the fact that it's at the front of the lot:banghead: If you're so worried about door dings park at the back of the lot

jampack
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
It seems like the Nismo 370z (unless its just the package) so it is rarer! :rolleyes: lols

colinxx235
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by dr_jared88
I would have parked in the spot to his right very tight to him making it near impossible for him to back out. If you are going to park like that at least do it as far away from the building. If the lot doesn't have room for that, leave your car at home or park inside the lines!

Judging by BastardChilds "what I drive" (assuming he was in one of them) I don't think he'd want to start a situation where maybe the 370Z owner (presumably a douche) would key or damage it as further retalliation...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Its ok for this guy, he drives a Jaaaaaaaaag.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/ski1jump/4e0ebf52.jpg

Crazyjoker77
06-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

I'm sure he didn't do that on purpose(there isnt enough of his car in the other stall) But is just a shitty driver that cant park

KandabashiDevil
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Some of you are such pathetic losers. Get a job :rolleyes:

Or just keep driving around .... Taking pictures of guys that are 1-2 inches into a handi-cap spot while you scarf your McD's :rofl: Good job! I bet one of you roaches accuses me of owning a car pictured above :rofl:

SlickA70
06-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Lets be real.

3 options:

-Park way, the fuck, away.

-Bite the bullet and park with society.

-Dont drive the car.

Not taking a few seconds to ponder either option is just sad.

Hage69
06-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SlickA70
Lets be real.

3 options:

-Park way, the fuck, away.

-Bite the bullet and park with society.

-Dont drive the car.

Not taking a few seconds to ponder either option is just sad.

:werd: :whipped:

Mar
06-16-2011, 05:57 PM
That's nothing. This guy's truck and trailer were taking up 6 spaces at 32 Avenue / 36 Street TD bank at 5pm which is when it's packed. The door is right to the left of the picture.

http://danmaher.com/images/parkjob1.jpg

Hage69
06-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Mar
That's nothing. This guy's truck and trailer were taking up 6 spaces at 32 Avenue / 36 Street TD bank at 5pm which is when it's packed. The door is right to the left of the picture.

*PIC*

Everytime i go into that parking lot its like douche central, especially in front of the bank

JordanLotoski
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I have to admit, I hug the line when iam parked beside a handicapped spot (like the photo of the jag) and when I park my Lambo I take up 2 spots but at the far back of any parking lot where there are no cars.

The guy in the 370z is just asking to be keyed.

ExtraSlow
06-16-2011, 07:22 PM
What else was that guy in the trailer supposed to do? Take up two spots, and most of the aisle? Taking up six sopts at an angle is actually the considerate option for this rig.

Mar
06-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
What else was that guy in the trailer supposed to do? Take up two spots, and most of the aisle? Taking up six sopts at an angle is actually the considerate option for this rig.
Park farther away? He's right next to the doors of about 6 businesses.

bastardchild
06-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Here's another GEM from today. :rofl:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15763171/IMG00320-20110616-2049.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Crazyjoker77

I'm sure he didn't do that on purpose(there isnt enough of his car in the other stall) But is just a shitty driver that cant park

I only wanted to post that cause I could say something about it being a Jaaaaaaaaag.

Abeo
06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

If people driving 5 ton trucks in the city can avoid parking like that, then I think buddy can find a better place to park.

7thgenvic
06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
truck and trailer...mehhh..jag is like 5 inches over..who gives a shit. The guy in the Nissan deserved to be towed. Wish i still had a old junker for situations like that. Best to park as humanly close to the car and make his life hell trying to get out.

FraserB
06-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by bastardchild
Here's another GEM from today. :rofl:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15763171/IMG00320-20110616-2049.jpg

Assuming that is the Brick Plaza, it is nothing new for that spot. Seen that more than once and saw two soccer moms fight over that spot, neither was handicapped. Unless you count illiteracy as a handicap.

Kennyredline
06-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Assuming that is the Brick Plaza, it is nothing new for that spot. Seen that more than once and saw two soccer moms fight over that spot, neither was handicapped. Unless you count illiteracy as a handicap.
I consider owning a pickup to be a sign of a mental handicap.
This thread started with a Nissan (car) and so far we've seen 3 douchebag pickups take over the thread. Fucking arrogant cunts.

ddduke
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

You're an idiot. Not every pickup drives/parks like a douche. Some people that buy them genuinely need them.

I consider you mentally handicap for some of your comments. You may think they're arrogant, but you're fucking ignorant.

ExtremeSi
06-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Another brilliant one.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0043.jpg

FraserB
06-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

You're an idiot. Not every pickup drives/parks like a douche. Some people that buy them genuinely need them.

I consider you mentally handicap for some of your comments. You may think they're arrogant, but you're fucking ignorant.

Just wait until winter comes and we get another massive dump of snow and we are the only ones who can move around some parts of the city. Oddly we stop being douchebags when that happens.

Except for the one lady who tried to lecture me on the evils of SUVs and how they destroy the planet, as I'm hooking up to pull her out of a snow drift.:rolleyes:

b_t
06-17-2011, 10:36 AM

Wow :thumbsup:

Dumbass17
06-17-2011, 04:54 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
whine whine whine...

Mar
06-17-2011, 06:45 PM

Just wait until winter comes and we get another massive dump of snow and we are the only ones who can move around some parts of the city. Oddly we stop being douchebags when that happens.

Except for the one lady who tried to lecture me on the evils of SUVs and how they destroy the planet, as I'm hooking up to pull her out of a snow drift.:rolleyes:
I'd take a front wheel drive car out in the snow way, WAY before I'd take a rear wheel drive pickup truck with no weight over the drive wheels.

FraserB
06-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I'd take a front wheel drive car out in the snow way, WAY before I'd take a rear wheel drive pickup truck with no weight over the drive wheels.

Over a two wheel drive, yes. I'm talking about the kind of trucks and SUVs that ddduke and I have.

jaylo
06-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by bastardchild
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15763171/IMG00319-20110616-1422.jpg

WOW. Its a 370Z, very rare. Defs gotta protect that beast from door dings.

Opa/Edo Japan Westhills.

I saw this guy definitely the same car going through Tims at Shawnessy revving/dragging the clutch while inching through the drive thru last Wednesday

Guy caucasian in mid 20's with a red head girlfriend

86max
06-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Saw this yesterday by Joyce on Fouth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/86MAX/Calgary-20110617-00202.jpg

Mar
06-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Over a two wheel drive, yes. I'm talking about the kind of trucks and SUVs that ddduke and I have.
Dually noted. :rofl:

Squishy
06-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I saw this at southcenter a couple weeks ago, I thought they were touching :eek:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224073_10150256862773417_661888416_8833207_6525764_n.jpg

..*JDM Hatch*..
06-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Some of you are such pathetic losers. Get a job :rolleyes:

Or just keep driving around .... Taking pictures of guys that are 1-2 inches into a handi-cap spot while you scarf your McD's :rofl: Good job! I bet one of you roaches accuses me of owning a car pictured above :rofl:

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

This is not a Mcdonalds,its actually Subway.lol

beyond_ban
06-18-2011, 01:35 PM
^ Is that street race/ricer timmies? Edo next door to the subway?

soobad
06-19-2011, 09:39 AM

Did you keep pulling her out?

I'd be very tempted to stop mid pull and untie the ropes and say "Oh.... well you wouldn't want to be pulled out of this snow drift by my evil planet destroying truck, now would you?"

slinkie
06-19-2011, 09:41 AM

This thread started with a Nissan (car) and so far we've seen 3 douchebag pickups take over the thread. Fucking arrogant cunts.

OK nerd

Cos
06-19-2011, 10:16 AM

lol you are such an angry guy

..*JDM Hatch*..
06-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
^ Is that street race/ricer timmies? Edo next door to the subway?

Yes that is correct.

Cooked Rice
06-25-2011, 03:01 AM
If someone is hugging a line or over the line, and I parked beside them I tend to compensate and do the same thing too. Big deal. If someone is hugging a line, and you go in and park nice and equal to the lines in your stall, good chance you are setting yourself up for a nice unintentional door ding let alone making it harder for yourself and/or passengers to get out too depending on what you drive.

heavyfuel
06-26-2011, 02:09 PM

You're such a fuckin retard with your truck hate posts it's unreal.

Kennyredline
06-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I love how all the comments directed at me are all from truck drivers. My hatred for douchebags is well founded, I see a fag in a truck doing something stupid EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO OUTSIDE. If I'm driving, walking, or cycling, it's not more than five or ten minutes before I see one.
I have an example from tonight;I was at the light by the school at 21 Ave and 14 St. SW, it was red, I was in a line of cars, a douchebag went flying by in the curb lane, sat at the light, revving his engine, making a fucking racket, spewing brown exhaust everywhere. As soon as the light turned green, he gunned it, cut off the guy at the intersection in the left lane, no signal, and went doucheing up the hill, probably the first vehicle to stop at the light at 26 Ave.
I'm in trouble though, I plan on moving into with my girlfriend, she lives in Lethbridge; douchebag central. :rofl:

Cos
06-28-2011, 09:33 PM
I love how all the comments directed at me are all from truck drivers. My hatred for douchebags is well founded, I see a fag in a truck doing something stupid EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO OUTSIDE. If I'm driving, walking, or cycling, it's not more than five or ten minutes before I see one.
I have an example from tonight;I was at the light by the school at 21 Ave and 14 St. SW, it was red, I was in a line of cars, a douchebag went flying by in the curb lane, sat at the light, revving his engine, making a fucking racket, spewing brown exhaust everywhere. As soon as the light turned green, he gunned it, cut off the guy at the intersection in the left lane, no signal, and went doucheing up the hill, probably the first vehicle to stop at the light at 26 Ave.
I'm in trouble though, I plan on moving into with my girlfriend, she lives in Lethbridge; douchebag central. :rofl:

Your a dick to truck drivers and call us dicks, we then call you a dick for calling us a dick, you then use that to say that we are in fact dicks...... is this gonna become circular at any point?

You were nice to me before I bought my truck. What? I instantly changed when I traded in my car for a truck so I could dirt bike and camp?

SKR
06-28-2011, 10:14 PM

You're one of my favourite characters on Beyond. I bet in real life you think trucks are pretty sweet.

Rat Fink
06-28-2011, 10:45 PM

ddduke
06-28-2011, 10:58 PM

I guess I get to make up my own stereotypes too.

All cyclists are homos and douches. They only obey the law when they want to, sometimes they consider themselves pedestrians, other times they're vehicles. They always take up an entire lane to themselves and love causing traffic jams. The reason why they're homos is because you have to be a homo to wear a one peice spandex jumpsuit if you're a male.

My hatred for homodouche cyclists is well founded too, I see their bullshit every day. Today I was driving down Old Banff Coach road at the deeper end closer to the highway with all the blind corners and got stuck behind a cyclist driving in the middle of the road for a good 10km who flat out refused to let me pass him and would not pull closer to the shoulder. There's also a 4 way stop by my house, every day I see cyclist breeze right through it and fuck up traffic.

I also see dudes in m3s/m5s pull douche moves every day, you don't see me running around calling out every single bmw driver.

While we're on the topic of hating certain groups of people because of stupid stereotypes, you should hate all gays for causing/spreading aids, rid our communities of black people because all they do is steal and tell your gf that she can't work because she needs to stay home and cook/clean.

Grow the fuck up bro, you must have a pretty weak life if you get so upset and care so much about what other people are doing with theirs, I actually feel sorry for you.

effingidiot
06-29-2011, 12:19 AM

I guess I get to make up my own stereotypes too.

All cyclists are homos and douches. They only obey the law when they want to, sometimes they consider themselves pedestrians, other times they're vehicles. They always take up an entire lane to themselves and love causing traffic jams. The reason why they're homos is because you have to be a homo to wear a one peice spandex jumpsuit if you're a male.

My hatred for homodouche cyclists is well founded too, I see their bullshit every day. Today I was driving down Old Banff Coach road at the deeper end closer to the highway with all the blind corners and got stuck behind a cyclist driving in the middle of the road for a good 10km who flat out refused to let me pass him and would not pull closer to the shoulder. There's also a 4 way stop by my house, every day I see cyclist breeze right through it and fuck up traffic.

I also see dudes in m3s/m5s pull douche moves every day, you don't see me running around calling out every single bmw driver.

While we're on the topic of hating certain groups of people because of stupid stereotypes, you should hate all gays for causing/spreading aids, rid our communities of black people because all they do is steal and tell your gf that she can't work because she needs to stay home and cook/clean.

Grow the fuck up bro, you must have a pretty weak life if you get so upset and care so much about what other people are doing with theirs, I actually feel sorry for you.

There is a substantial weight difference between a bmw/bike and a truck. Not to mention near absence of brakes and steering. Thus, being a douche on a truck is considered to be far more sociopathic than being a douche on a bmw/bike.

Not sure why you need to get your panties in a knot and get all personal with Kenny since he brings up a valid point.

Kennyredline
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
LOL!! Soooooooooo funny...guys, I really tried today, I mean it!! I've read the responses to my posts, and I started to think for a second that maybe....just maybe I was being a little harsh, that maybe I should stop focusing on it so much....then I went out in the car this afternoon.
I'm going east on 14 Ave. SW, stopped at a red light at 5 St. There's a guy in a truck across from me, stopped at the light coming the other way. Well, buddy had enough of waiting for the light to turn green, and simply drove across the intersection against a red light. I gave him a big thumbs up as he went by, as a sarcastic thank-you for bringing me back to reality.
I look at it this way; if you belong to a group, and 75% of the people in that group are assholes....sorry, but you're an asshole.

ddduke
06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
LOL!! Soooooooooo funny...guys, I really tried today, I mean it!! I've read the responses to my posts, and I started to think for a second that maybe....just maybe I was being a little harsh, that maybe I should stop focusing on it so much....then I went out in the car this afternoon.
I'm going east on 14 Ave. SW, stopped at a red light at 5 St. There's a guy in a truck across from me, stopped at the light coming the other way. Well, buddy had enough of waiting for the light to turn green, and simply drove across the intersection against a red light. I gave him a big thumbs up as he went by, as a sarcastic thank-you for bringing me back to reality.
I look at it this way; if you belong to a group, and 75% of the people in that group are assholes....sorry, but you're an asshole.

Well I guess that makes you a spadex wearing homo then since that's what 75% of cyclist are.

btw, I saw my neighbour who's also a beyonder fly through a stop sign then rip down my narrow residential road today in his 3 series. Still doesn't make every bmw owner an asshole.

Originally posted by effingidiot

There is a substantial weight difference between a bmw/bike and a truck. Not to mention near absence of brakes and steering. Thus, being a douche on a truck is considered to be far more sociopathic than being a douche on a bmw/bike.

Not sure why you need to get your panties in a knot and get all personal with Kenny since he brings up a valid point.

You really are an effingidiot, I guess it's totally fine to be a douche in a bmw because it weighs less, it also probably won't cause any damage or potentially kill someone if you crash in it.

b_t
06-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah man it is way less dangerous to crash into stuff in a BMW, especially since they usually have a lot of power and can propel themselves to illegal velocities much quicker than a truck.

don't forget

energy = 0.5 times mass times velocity SQUARED
(for people who are fucking idiots - that is 0.5 times mass times velocity times velocity)

Plus, they are super lightweight.. I mean, a 335i sedan weighs 100 pounds more than my truck. Wait, what? Oh yeah a X5 weighs 1,400 pounds more.

as far as "near absence of brakes and steering" most people usually just use their brakes and steering to cause accidents. no amount of performance helps people drive better.

and then if 75% of a group are X, then you are X... that is so fucking dumb it really does not deserve a legit response.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-30-2011, 03:12 PM

Trolling is hard.

dandia89
06-30-2011, 03:12 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/v7w21k.jpg
pro parking job at mru, although no one was there, this car was there for 2 hours at least haha

Isaiah
06-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Does it really matter if it's in an empty school parking lot in the middle of the summer?

Cos
06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Yeah man it is way less dangerous to crash into stuff in a BMW, especially since they usually have a lot of power and can propel themselves to illegal velocities much quicker than a truck.

don't forget

energy = 0.5 times mass times velocity SQUARED
(for people who are fucking idiots - that is 0.5 times mass times velocity times velocity)

Plus, they are super lightweight.. I mean, a 335i sedan weighs 100 pounds more than my truck. Wait, what? Oh yeah a X5 weighs 1,400 pounds more.

as far as "near absence of brakes and steering" most people usually just use their brakes and steering to cause accidents. no amount of performance helps people drive better.

and then if 75% of a group are X, then you are X... that is so fucking dumb it really does not deserve a legit response.

http://files.sharenator.com/Slow_Clap_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY_RE_Rebecca_Black_Friday-s420x315-140048-580.gif

Originally posted by dandia89

pro parking job at mru, although no one was there, this car was there for 2 hours at least haha

Lol that is awesome. But seriously this is a douchebag truck argument now. Stay out of it with your parking posts.

Abeo
06-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by b_t

My truck weighs about 100 lbs more than kennyredline's jetta, unless his is auto which would put it within 50 lbs of each other.

And 'near absence of brakes and steering'... wtf? This must be coming from someone unfamiliar with trucks. The brakes on my truck are good enough to stop it when it has a trailer; it is much more than enough when unloaded. The brakes on my truck are comparable to a car that weighs 1500 lbs more than it.

71/454
06-30-2011, 05:56 PM

Today it's a guy in a truck for his driving. Tomorrow the car driver who doesn't give the cyclist 8 feet of berth will be a cyclist hating douchebag.
One day you'll figure out there's a lot of stuff in in life that doesn't really matter, this is one of them.

Mar
06-30-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm glad I hate trucks and cyclists equally.

spikerS
06-30-2011, 07:47 PM

alright, so I drive a truck, that makes me an asshole huh?

I guess I should not help people anymore...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/236098/for-rent-truck-/

jonnycat
07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
I have a truck and I live in Lethbridge. I'm a double douche.

JfuckinC
07-06-2011, 11:34 AM
i drive my truck like a rally car, quad douche central..

arian_ma
07-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Douches come in all ages and races,
Real orange faces, every single nation
Spanish, Hatian, indian jamaican,
Black, White, Cuban or Asian

jonnycat
07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
i drive my truck like a rally car, quad douche central..

My truck has leveling lift and mud terrains. Double Douche x 2 = Quad Douche as well.

ExtraSlow
07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I pull a trailer with my truck, so I go slow up the hills and cut people off, take forever to make left turns and generally make people in hondas furious.
you're welcome! :love:

swak
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
My truck doesn't have balls hanging off the hitch. DOUCHE x10000???

sillysod
07-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I hate to admit it but when I'm driving my F150 or Frontier I drive way more douchy then I do in my wifes Passat or my A4.

Cant explain it... just happens. I get way more annoyed with traffic in the trucks.

Perhaps it's because it's agony driving in a truck and unlike the cars I really want the trip to end as quickly as possible instead of just turning up the bose and lowering the seat a little. :dunno:

Cooked Rice
07-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I never understood trucks and big SUVs until I got one. Now I love them and probably won't be going back to a car for a daily ever. So much more you can do with a truck. Hit up the trails and mountains where cars won't take you, haul and carry loads, tow RVs, equipment, boats, motorbikes, cars, and other toys. Seriously, we live in Alberta, I don't see why so many people think trucks are wrong here. It's the other way around.

Maxt
07-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Mar

http://danmaher.com/images/parkjob1.jpg
That parking lot is hardly packed.. Look how many empty spots there are just in that photo..
And really you should try driving and parking a truck and trailer before whining about this guy. Often if one parks straight through the spots normally, the combination is to long and sticks out 6 feet on either end.
When I have my car hauler on, I often have to park like that, otherwise people park right up along side, its like playing billiards, you have to think about your leave. You can't just crank the wheel hard to get out of the spot, as the front of the trailer cuts in and the tail swings out. If someone parks beside you on either side , you are screwed, unless a few cars pull out in front of you to allow a wider circle.

bbcustoms
07-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Home Depot on 16th
He was in his truck so I thought he was leaving when I got there but I came out half an hour later and he was still there. Apparently one handicap stall isn't enough.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8826/img00314201106130822.jpg

effingidiot
07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
:rofl:
Oh, stereotypes, why do you never fail?

Maxt
07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by bbcustoms
Home Depot on 16th
He was in his truck so I thought he was leaving when I got there but I came out half an hour later and he was still there. Apparently one handicap stall isn't enough.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8826/img00314201106130822.jpg
He's mentally handicapped..

AndyL
07-15-2011, 07:57 PM
C'mon it's stampede...they should be rolling in by the thousand.... :)

Figured you truck haters would like this one

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/cgyreefer/Snapbucket/5867fce0-orig.jpg

Although I've grabbed way more bmw's and mercedes this week; than I have trucks... :rofl:

ddduke
07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

Although I've grabbed way more bmw's and mercedes this week; than I have trucks... :rofl:

during stampede I'm gonna have to say that's a legit park spot.

spikerS
07-17-2011, 07:51 AM

during stampede I'm gonna have to say that's a legit park spot.

+1

He is not blocking traffic or a sidewalk, and he is in behind the sign. I personally have no issue with that park job.

kamatayan
07-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Secured...

71car2
07-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

Heh.... looks like the truck owner got a "gift" tucked under the wiper. Ten to one he got ticketed! :D

Maybelater
07-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Re-post of kamatayan's upload

http://i55.tinypic.com/epv6a.jpg

heavyfuel
07-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by spikers

I personally have no issue with that park job.

Well thank God for that

TheRealTimHorton
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
You guys must realize most of the time it isn't the driver that is a douche bag, its the vehicle that puts them into a mentality.

I have had the opportunity to drive many different vehicles and you feel different in all of them depending on what it is. When you get into a pickup and all the vehicles around you barely come up to your window, and you know you have a big ass motor under your foot, and you're sitting 6 inches higher up over the steering wheel, you just feel powerful. And your driving will reflect that. You will drive like you are better than those lowly cars and you will drive more aggressive. Not EVERYONE, but most.

You will be interested to note that in both MEN and WOMEN even seeing a PICTURE of a truck, their testosterone levels increased temporarily. Driving one probably has a magnified effect.

When I drove tandems and tractor trailers I felt like I could do whatever the fuck I wanted. Granted I didn't. But I felt that way.

Same with luxury car owners, it's a different sense of entitlement than what a truck gives you. You are driving a brick of money around and you feel special, you feel privileged and your driving is likely to reflect that.

Think about it. Why do you RARELY see a guy in a Camry driving like a douche (Taxi's are an exception).

Vehicles change people. Not all people, but most.

Cos
07-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by TheRealTimHorton

You will be interested to note that in both MEN and WOMEN even seeing a PICTURE of a truck, their testosterone levels increased temporarily. Driving one probably has a magnified effect.

Bullshit..... I want proof of that.

TheRealTimHorton
07-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Bullshit..... I want proof of that.

I saw it on Discovery channel.. I'll see if I can find a link about it.

I couldn't find the exact study, but here is something similar.

We tested whether interacting with a gun increased testosterone levels and later aggressive behavior. Thirty male college students provided a saliva sample (for testosterone assay), interacted with either a gun or a children's toy for 15 min, and then provided another saliva sample. Next, subjects added as much hot sauce as they wanted to a cup of water they believed another subject would have to drink. Males who interacted with the gun showed significantly greater increases in testosterone and added more hot sauce to the water than did those who interacted with the children's toy. Moreover, increases in testosterone partially mediated the effects of interacting with the gun on this aggressive behavior.

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/17/7/568.short

Replacing "Gun" with "Truck" is not an unreasonable extrapolation.

*Edit #2...

Another similar study further showcasing that environmental stimuli does have an effect on testosterone levels in the brain.

http://spp.sagepub.com/content/1/1/57.short

The authors report a field experiment with skateboarders that demonstrates that physical risk taking by young men increases in the presence of an attractive female. This increased risk taking leads to more successes but also more crash landings in front of a female observer. Mediational analyses suggest that this increase in risk taking is caused in part by elevated testosterone levels of men who performed in front of the attractive female. In addition, skateboarders' risk taking was predicted by their performance on a reversal-learning task, reversal-learning performance was disrupted by the presence of the attractive female, and the female’s presence moderated the observed relationship between risk taking and reversal learning. These results suggest that men use physical risk taking as a sexual display strategy, and they provide suggestive evidence regarding possible hormonal and neural mechanisms.

This good enough? Or you want me to find the exact study... lol

Abeo
07-30-2011, 12:12 AM

Extrapolating a gun into a truck is like extrapolating a parking meter into a toothbrush. It really has no relevance.

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Abeo

Extrapolating a gun into a truck is like extrapolating a parking meter into a toothbrush. It really has no relevance.

Are you KIDDING ME???

Both objects are staple icons of masculinity. One relating to violence and power, one relating to toughness and power.

Comparing it to a parking meter and a toothbrush is fucking retarded.

Don't talk to me.

Cos
07-30-2011, 08:33 AM

I saw it on Discovery channel.. I'll see if I can find a link about it.

I couldn't find the exact study, but here is something similar.

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/17/7/568.short

*Edit #2...

Another similar study further showcasing that environmental stimuli does have an effect on testosterone levels in the brain.

http://spp.sagepub.com/content/1/1/57.short

lol, I like your method to science. You dont work on the global warming research team do you?

SKR
07-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Both objects are staple icons of masculinity.

I drive a truck because it does shit that I want it to. Not because it makes me feel like a big man.

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by SKR

I drive a truck because it does shit that I want it to. Not because it makes me feel like a big man.

Congratulations. This one's for you:

http://www.allcooksrecipes.com/images/cookie.gif

I think you kind of, wait... No. You completely missed the point. Good job on quoting me out of context though.

You say "Not because it makes me feel like a big man." Is it fair to say you are proving my original point of the fact that it actually does make you feel like a big(ger) man? Even though thats not why you drive a truck. It does have an added effect on you, correct? Would you feel equally masculine if you were driving, say, a Pink Mini Cooper for example?

@Cos. My sarcasm detector is broken, but I swear I saw it on Discovery channel some odd years ago. lol, it's tough to kind shit that specific on the internet haha.

Abeo
07-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Correlation =/= causality, simile =/= fact, opinion =/= scientific research

Provide the links to the "trucks = aggression", otherwise you are just stretching someones research onto your own prejudice.

Nakadah
07-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Guys, if TheRealTimHorton was not right then all of us would not even care what we drive. But why do we care? Exactly because of what TheRealTimHorton is trying to explain here!

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Abeo
Correlation =/= causality, simile =/= fact, opinion =/= scientific research

Provide the links to the "trucks = aggression", otherwise you are just stretching someones research onto your own prejudice.

:facepalm:

If I find it I'll link it.

You know what I'm saying is not unreasonable, and you probably believe it yourself. You are just trolling for the sake of trolling.

And, for the record, the definition of "Prejudice" according to dictionary.com

1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group

How am I being prejudice about this? I am not being unreasonable in any of my statements through an opinion formed without knowledge or thought or reason. I have thought about it (through mine and other's experiences), I have knowledge of it (from Discovery channel and what have you), I have applied reason which you are tossing out the window even though it is TOTALLY within the realm of reality.

You remind me of the boy and the grasshopper experiment.
Boy has grasshopper.
Pulls a leg off the grasshopper, tells it to jump. It jumps.
Pulls another leg off, tells it to jump. It manages to jump.
Pulls 2 more legs off, tells it to jump. Barely it manages to jump.
Pulls 1 more leg off, tells it to jump. By the grace of God it manages to jump.
Pulls the last leg off, tells it to jump. It doesn't jump.
Boy concludes the Grasshopper went deaf.

I am not concluding the Grasshopper went deaf. I am saying maybe the same thing would happen with a housefly. Which, of course, you are demanding a link for this study, so I am at a loss for the moment.

I would've thought, like the post above me, someone would approach this with a TINY bit of intellect and openness and say "maybe, JUST MAYBE, this kid is on to something, I'll look into this".

But nope. NO PROOF = DIDNT HAPPEN. lmao

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6316522/Fast-cars-boost-mens-testosterone-levels-research.html

Scientists have discovered the thrill of getting behind the wheel of a sports car makes the body produce more of the hormone.

But driving an old banger makes levels drop.

The latest findings suggests there may be a biological explanation for why some men rush out and buy a sports car when struck by a 'midlife crisis'.

Researchers from the Concordia University in Montreal recruited 39 young men for their study.

Each one got to drive a £75,000 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet for one hour, followed by an hour in a 16-year-old Toyota Camry, a family car.

Tests on saliva samples showed a significant increase in testosterone while drivers were cruising around in the Porsche.

But there was either no effect, or even a slight decline, when they got behind the wheel of the battered old Toyota.

Researchers noted the most potent effect was when volunteers were driving through town, where there were plenty of potential female admirers.

It is ironic how I used a Camry as a random example and it is the exact car they used in their experiment.

By the way, with sample size of over 30 is universally accepted to result in statistics that can be normally distributed. So don't say "oh they didn't test enough people". Testing more people will improve the accuracy of the test, but with an initial sample size already greater than 30 the hypothesis will not likely change.

SKR
07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
You say "Not because it makes me feel like a big man.". Is it fair to say you are proving my original point of the fact that it actually does make you feel like a big(ger) man?

No, because how the fuck does that make sense?

Even though thats not why you drive a truck.

Exactly.

It does have an added effect on you, correct?

Incorrect. I have owned cars. I have owned trucks. I don't feel superior or inferior in either vehicle. I don't know why my car or truck has to be an extension of my personality.

Would you feel equally masculine if you were driving, say, a Pink Mini Cooper for example?

I wouldn't feel more or less masculine. I can't imagine going through life giving a fuck about what some window licker thinks. If a pink Mini Cooper is what I want to drive, then fuck everyone, I'll drive one.

The vehicle I drive is neither pink nor a Mini Cooper because I don't like pink or Mini Coopers. Not because I'm worried you'll think I'm a fruit.

Originally posted by Nakadah
Guys, if TheRealTimHorton was not right then all of us would not even care what we drive.

Right.

But why do we care?

I said why.

Exactly because of what TheRealTimHorton is trying to explain here!

No. Pay attention.

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SKR
The vehicle I drive is neither pink nor a Mini Cooper because I don't like pink or Mini Coopers.

But wait... didn't you say:

Originally posted by SKR
I don't know why my car or truck has to be an extension of my personality.

So you say you don't drive a pink nor a Mini because you don't like either. Yet you say you don't know why your vehicle has to be an extension of your personality. Contradictory? Your likes and preferences are a significant part of your personality, bud. So I agree with you. You legitimately don't know why.

But that's way off from my original point. You are mad which is suggested by all the anger and "hardness" in your post.

As I have already stated, such is the case for MOST people where the vehicle they drive will have an EFFECT on their personality ultimately because of the testosterone dynamic. Effectively driving a truck will boost your testosterone causing you to behave more douche'y.

Aas for you, SKR, you could already have a naturally high level of testosterone and the act of driving a truck changes your behavior minimally (which I would presume to be the case, judging by how hard you are in your post).

Additionally, judging by your post you are just trying to prove to me that you are not "most" people, whereby you are the exception and not the rule. I was attempting to see if such was not the case.

Well, SKR. I am glad you're the exception. :thumbsup:

Here. Have another one:

http://techpatio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/cookie_law_eu.gif

Run along now.

SKR
07-30-2011, 04:04 PM
So you say you don't drive a pink nor a Mini because you don't like either. Yet you say you don't know why your vehicle has to be an extension of your personality. Contradictory? Your likes and preferences are a significant part of your personality, bud. So I agree with you. You legitimately don't know why.

It's a truck. I think it looks nice. It does what I need it to. It has nothing to do with any boost in masculinity.

But that's way off from my original point. You are mad which is suggested by all the anger and "hardness" in your post.

People can say fuck without being mad. This is just the way you need to be talked to.

As I have already stated, such is the case for MOST people where the vehicle they drive will have an EFFECT on their personality ultimately because of the testosterone dynamic. Effectively driving a truck will boost your testosterone causing you to behave more douche'y.

You haven't provided any evidence for this. Your entire argument is based on your experience, a deaf grasshopper, a pink Mini Cooper and a study involving a Porsche and a Camry. Where is the evidence that trucks boost testosterone? You don't have anything to support your argument that trucks give drivers a sense of power that translates to aggressive driving.

Aas for you, SKR, you could already have a naturally high level of testosterone and the act of driving a truck changes your behavior minimally (which I would presume to be the case, judging by how hard you are in your post).

Wrong again. I just had it checked and checked again. 5.XX and 8.XX. Normal is 5.80-28.00. Both of those tests were after driving those testosterone factories known as trucks. Your argument says that my testosterone levels should be through the roof, but according to those tests I'm a girl, or maybe a hermaphrodite. So what's you explanation now?

Additionally, judging by your post you are just trying to prove to me that you are not "most" people, whereby you are the exception and not the rule. I was attempting to see if such was not the case.

Oh you were, were you, master detective? What makes you think your experience doesn't make you the exception? Because that's all you have to support your argument.

J-hop
07-30-2011, 06:25 PM

@Cos. My sarcasm detector is broken, but I swear I saw it on Discovery channel some odd years ago. lol, it's tough to kind shit that specific on the internet haha.

I think you probably are thinking of manswers, not exactly the most reliable fact source :D

I actually find the larger the vehicle I drive the less of a douche I am. I hate douche truck drivers, don't understand why people feel so manly and powerful driving big trucks. You are big, you are slow, you can't maneuver and you look stupid trying to navigate rush hour traffic.

Feeling manly in a truck is like being obese and thinking you are manlier than if you were ripped with abs. Oh guess what, that miata with the rainbow sticker and two guys in spandex sipping frappacinos is faster and can out manuever you, real manly :rofl:

CompletelyNumb
07-30-2011, 06:50 PM
:hijack:

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by SKR
It's a truck. I think it looks nice. It does what I need it to. It has nothing to do with any boost in masculinity.

Show me where I said it had anything to do with your masculinity? I said it has to do with your personality. You said it didn't. It does.

Originally posted by SKR
People can say fuck without being mad. This is just the way you need to be talked to.

Intelligence works on me better than anger and disrespect. You can try it in your next post.

Originally posted by SKR
You haven't provided any evidence for this. Your entire argument is based on your experience, a deaf grasshopper, a pink Mini Cooper and a study involving a Porsche and a Camry. Where is the evidence that trucks boost testosterone? You don't have anything to support your argument that trucks give drivers a sense of power that translates to aggressive driving.

Stating for the nth time, I am unable to find the same study at this point. The internet is a vast place and I am looking for something very specific in an area of study that is extremely saturated and extremely difficult to sift through.

The fact that a sport's car boosts testosterone I figured was enough to satisfy, apparently not, and you are demanding the 3 course meal. I understand though; I would also logically think that although a non-masculine looking, exceptionally fast car will boost my testosterone levels significantly, a truck, which is extremely manly in almost every aspect compared to a sports car probably, will LIKELY NOT have the same effect. It must be because the car is faster. Must be. :rollseyes:

Originally posted by SKR
Wrong again. I just had it checked and checked again. 5.XX and 8.XX. Normal is 5.80-28.00. Both of those tests were after driving those testosterone factories known as trucks. Your argument says that my testosterone levels should be through the roof, but according to those tests I'm a girl, or maybe a hermaphrodite. So what's you explanation now?

No where does my argument say your testosterone levels should be through the roof. I have said temporary, and if this was not clear, then consider this clarification.

Since you claim your testosterone levels are in the normal range I really have no explanation for why you act the way you do and you have ended up being a very unsuitable candidate for this discussion. My apologies and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Originally posted by SKR
Oh you were, were you, master detective? What makes you think your experience doesn't make you the exception? Because that's all you have to support your argument.

Have you even been reading the thread?

The teeter-totter is tipping in my favor, why don't you link to something that says otherwise instead of attempting to shoot me down? I have put in effort; sifting through psych articles and Googling every combination of "testosterone" "raise" "truck" "photo" "study" "MRI" etc that I could think of at the moment.

Mostly I was trying to get you guys thinking... It isn't turning out too well. It can't seriously be just a coincidence that so many people have developed the stereo type of truckers as douchebags, similarly with luxury/sports car owners (not sure if anyone said this).

I want you to answer this honestly though: Are you firm on the notion that, despite all the highly relevant material I have provided and whatever you have cooking inside that brain of yours, driving a truck will NOT raise your level of testosterone AT ALL?

Originally posted by J-hop

I think you probably are thinking of manswers, not exactly the most reliable fact source :D

Nah it wasn't Manswers. I didn't watch Spike back then.

TheRealTimHorton
07-30-2011, 09:57 PM
*Edit sorry double post

SKR
07-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Show me where I said it had anything to do with your masculinity?

Here:

Both objects are staple icons of masculinity.

And here:

Would you feel equally masculine if you were driving, say, a Pink Mini Cooper for example?

Is that said I had anything to do with your masculinity enough for you?

I said it has to do with your personality. You said it didn't. It does.

It doesn't have anything to do with my personality as it relates to my aggression, or lack of aggression. That piece of my personality is either present or it isn't, regardless of what I'm driving. That is what your argument is about. Of course shit like paint color is dependent on personality, but that's not what we're talking about.

Intelligence works on me better than anger and disrespect. You can try it in your next post.

I'm not angry or disrespectful. You brought all this in. I'm just responding to it, and doing a fucking kick ass job at it.

Stating for the nth time, I am unable to find the same study at this point.

Well see now, that's the problem. You busted in here spouting off a bunch of shit about how trucks bring out the worst in people, and other than your own personal experience you've got fucking nothing. Nothing.

The internet is a vast place and I am looking for something very specific in an area of study that is extremely saturated and extremely difficult to sift through.

Now you know to do your research first. You fucked up here, not me.

The fact that a sport's car boosts testosterone I figured was enough to satisfy, apparently not,...

Of fucking course it's not enough. One, a sports car isn't a truck, and two, a boost in testosterone isn't a boost in aggression. Remember, your argument isn't whether a vehicle can change your mood, it's whether a vehicle makes you drive like an asshole. And how many posts deep are you now where you've provided exactly zero evidence to back it up?

... and you are demanding the 3 course meal.

Yeah, what a set of balls on me, hey? Demanding that you give me a reason to believe you.

I understand though; I would also logically think that although a non-masculine looking, exceptionally fast car will boost my testosterone levels significantly, a truck, which is extremely manly in almost every aspect compared to a sports car probably, will LIKELY NOT have the same effect. It must be because the car is faster. Must be. :rollseyes:

I'd guess that it probably is. Either way, you've been old several times that an increase in testosterone doesn't necessarily mean an increase in aggression. And that is up to you to prove, not for me to disprove. This is your argument.

No where does my argument say your testosterone levels should be through the roof. I have said temporary, and if this was not clear, then consider this clarification.

How fucking temporary is it? I walk from my truck to the lab, give my blood, and I'm out the door again. All within 5 minutes. So my truck is supposed to shoot my testosterone to the moon, make me be a complete dick, and then just vanish while I'm crossing the parking lot? Come on now.

Since you claim your testosterone levels are in the normal range I really have no explanation for why you act the way you do and you have ended up being a very unsuitable candidate for this discussion.

Yes, a person unwilling to accept bullshit is typically an unsuitable recipient of a bullshit argument.

My apologies and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

I'm not looking for any answers, other than the ones you said you'd provide. Again, this is your argument, it's yours to prove.

Have you even been reading the thread?

Yes.

The teeter-totter is tipping in my favor,...

Like fuck it is.

...why don't you link to something that says otherwise instead of attempting to shoot me down?

Because I didn't start this, you did. If you didn't want it to get shot all to hell you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. What did you think would happen?

I have put in effort; sifting through psych articles and Googling every combination of "testosterone" "raise" "truck" "photo" "study" "MRI" etc that I could think of at the moment.

And it's gotten you nothing, which means the teeter-totter is in fact not tipping in your favor. Once I see the study we'll discuss it. Until then I'm not going to pretend I know what it says.

Mostly I was trying to get you guys thinking... It isn't turning out too well. It can't seriously be just a coincidence that so many people have developed the stereo type of truckers as douchebags, similarly with luxury/sports car owners (not sure if anyone said this).

Have you ever considered, even for a second, that maybe the douchebag truckers were douchebags to begin with? It's important to remember that your argument is that driving a truck brings out the douchebag in a person. If I'm driving like a douchebag, why do you think it's because I'm driving a truck and not because I actually am a douchebag in all aspects of my life?

The problem you're facing here is that you can't assign blame because you don't know enough about your data set. All you know is that truck drivers are douchebags. You don't know why they're douchebags. If you could put all the douchebag truck drivers in cars and assess their driving habits, then you'd be able to say what effect a truck has on being a douchebag.

I want you to answer this honestly though: Are you firm on the notion that, despite all the highly relevant...

Highly irrelevant.

... material I have provided and whatever you have cooking inside that brain of yours, driving a truck will NOT raise your level of testosterone AT ALL?

I can't say one way or another, and I don't give a fuck, because your argument is about aggression, not testosterone.

My suggestion to you is to go lay down for a while, because you've lost the handle on this one. You know how I can tell? You've stopped giving me cookies.

CompletelyNumb
07-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Well since you've all derailed this thread, here's a link for you:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/688493/new_study_shows_small_men_prefer_big.html?cat=7