PDA

View Full Version : Closing off condo balcony - ideas?

revelations
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
The condo board has decided to allow ideas to be put forth regarding people closing off balconies in our building.

Once a style has been picked, it will be allowed to other suites to use if they chose to close off theirs.

The catch is that it cant be permanent as the balcony is considered common property (unless the board changes their mind).

I live on the top floor so my balcony is uncovered.

Is there anyone in Calgary that sells a prefab kit?

This is what I had in mind:

http://accommodationsnellsbeach.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/100B0280-1024x768.jpg

adidas
06-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I really dont see a point. Ur already confined to ur house, it would be nice to step out once in a while onto a uncovered balcony. Just my opinion i guess.

ekguy
06-18-2011, 03:33 PM
having an un-covered balcony would suck in my opinion. Having it covered you can go outside even if it's raining.

is there a way to maybe just have the top covered and not everything so you'd still have fresh air out there?

revelations
06-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
having an un-covered balcony would suck in my opinion. Having it covered you can go outside even if it's raining.

is there a way to maybe just have the top covered and not everything so you'd still have fresh air out there?

Yea, they were accepting ideas for just covers too.

Keep in mind that since this is a semi-permanent idea, it wouldnt be insulated at all. A portable glass house if you will.

AndyL
06-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Well... Typically you go down with some drawings to CR Lawrence (down behind PA in the SE) - they put together a set of engineering drawings; put a price quote in hand and offer you a list of recomended installers...

Then you can choose to DIY, have installed, etc - and you've got a stamp from an engineer; in case the sh*t hits the fan...