PDA

View Full Version : Another f#$*ing impark ticket

SwitchBlade
01-18-2004, 04:28 AM
So its Saturday night and i decide to drive my friends to coyotes. Its late there is a general lack of parking, after a good 15 mins of circling the block scoping an area to park. I finnaly find a space to nudge my car into. I pay the fee at the impark machine (what a joke) i recieve my ticket (yet another joke) and place it on my dash where it is clearly visible. I unknowingly head into the bar and dance saloon to be faced with a ticket awaitng my arrival four hours prior to entering the bar. The ticket oddly enough was placed directly over the parking pass which i had purchased. I am now waiting for their generous phone call. I dont drink at the bar and am faced with a tab to pay off. Whats with these guys are the ticket officers drunk blind hobos or something? Its total :bullshit:

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: [/rant]

Ill post pics of the ticket and parking pass tomorrow

89EF
01-18-2004, 12:53 PM
meh...they aren't even tickets...they're just notices of violation and those ain't cops either haha they are rent-a-cop wannabes...which is even worse LOL...i say fuck em:thumbsup:

Khyron
01-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Send them a photocopy of your parking stub, tell them in no uncertain terms you paid and are not paying again.

They had a giant sign pointing at a lot I use sometimes saying "7 bucks" so we all got 7 parking stubs (every car in the lot). When I got off work, every car had a parking ticket. Turns out the sign was pointing at another lot behind ours (that holds 8 cars), and our lot was 8 bucks for the day.

I video taped the sign and told them it was BS - they ripped up the ticket. But I bet half those people paid the $25+ for being a buck short.

Don't let impark bully you - if you are stubborn they will drop it.

Khyron

1badPT
01-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Impark lost the management contract for my parking lot in my building. I wonder if they've lost other contracts, and they are suddenly writing as many tickets as they can before they are reduced to only a few parking lots.

SwitchBlade
01-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Ya but writing tickets for people who have paid is just cold

ryder_23
01-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Maybe someone else got it and put it on your car...is all the info right?

fast_girl
01-18-2004, 05:07 PM
what happens if you don't pay these tickets? i remember seeing on the news a while back that impark and sterling are not registered with the credit bureau, and can basically do nothing if you don't pay. is this true?? :dunno:

SI-vic
01-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by fast_girl
what happens if you don't pay these tickets? i remember seeing on the news a while back that impark and sterling are not registered with the credit bureau, and can basically do nothing if you don't pay. is this true?? :dunno:

They can do nothing legally, but they'll harass you for months!

cujo_cjc
01-18-2004, 07:15 PM
^^^
Yea I kno...I got one from the Impark at Eau Clair in september.
They've sent me about 6 letters already...lol...

Fluidic
01-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Yesterday evening (Saturday) I was at Eau-Claire (SP?) -- I paid the meter, knew I only had 20 minutes -- ran in, purchased some coffee beans and then came out. I was lucky enough to walk up to my car, finding an Impark employee standing behind my car (obviously looking at my plate). I looked at the meter and it informed me it was "expired". Fine, maybe I was 21 minutes, whatever. The guy started making small chat with me. Now here's the thing, normally I respond to these things pretty "relaxed" and end up carrying a conversation with the person. But since I was in a rush, I just unlocked my car, got in, started it. He walked up to my window, used his hand that he was holding a piece of paper with (perhaps the ticket). I just put the car in reverse and drove away; I saw him throw the ticket on the ground. lol

So here's my question... since the Impark people are giving away parking tickets... where are the REAL police that should be handing out "littering" tickets? :rofl: :angel:

Anyways... that's my story. A private company -- private property -- don't pay the ticket. Oh and about them towing your car if you have previously unpaid tickets with them... I call BS... since I have close to half-a-dozen tickets with them... and I just got another ticket -- not a tow. :)

Ben
01-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

Anyways... that's my story. A private company -- private property -- don't pay the ticket. Oh and about them towing your car if you have previously unpaid tickets with them... I call BS... since I have close to half-a-dozen tickets with them... and I just got another ticket -- not a tow. :)

Its not BS, its just not worth their time.

In Alberta, Calgary specificly, if you park your car on private property, Impark would have to call City bylaw down to the loaction first to either approve or disapprove the claim, and then after this is finished a towtruck would be called in. This often takes far too much time. In Vancouver where Impark is based ironicly, they do not need city permission to tow the vehicle, so if they do find you parked illegally, your car is generally gone within the hour. I hope this sheds some light on the situation.

ZorroAMG
01-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Why dont we have like 17 more threads about impark...this has been BEATEN to death...search much?

Superesc
01-19-2004, 02:25 AM
I understand the anger of being ticketed by impark, I have a monthly pass for one of their lot and I still get ticketed, the person who ticketed me say I was in the wrong lot but when I ask another attendent he said the ticket is BS and I should sent it back... which I did but they ignore... I have since cancelled my parking pass... ironically I haven't been ticketed before I had my parking pass :thumbsdow

bigboom
01-19-2004, 10:18 AM
i had this exact same thing happened to me. all they asked me t do when i called them was send them a photocopy of the parking stub and they threw it out. they arent all that unreasonable if you call them and explain your situation.

SwitchBlade
01-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Is there a phone number to call all it says on the ticket is mail your discrepencies.

SwitchBlade
01-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Heres the pass and ticket

Z_Fan
01-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Impark just pisses me off all together.

In Calgary they are not allowed to just 'tow' your car. Which is kind of funny really. It buys you some time.

As for the Tickets, you don't have to pay them. So don't. It's not like a City ticket whereby you must have them all paid in order to do anything with license renewal or car registration. So, fuck 'em.

Did I mention Impark just pisses me off?

Fluidic: That's funny that you drove away! That happened to me once while I was downtown. LOL. At an impark lot on 10th ave.

Another time I came back to my car when a City Parking Authority guy was walking up to my car. He was starting to write up the ticket as I approached him. When I informed him that it was my car, and I was leaving immediately, not hanging around for his fucking ticket (my words to him), he started to 'shake'. I think he was scared! I wasn't angry with him, I just say fuck a lot! People must harass these guys all the time. Wouldn't surprise me if some of them get assaulted. LOL. Anyhow, I just got in my car and left.

bigboom
01-19-2004, 04:33 PM
i think the back of the ticket has a number you can call...it is a 1-800 number i believe because they are based out of Vancouver. just call that number and tell them and they will almost always just tell you to send in your stub. if not try the phonebook...

Talies R
01-19-2004, 04:35 PM
hahaha Z_Fan good story!