PDA

View Full Version : stupid electrical problems

sexualbanana
09-11-2002, 12:01 AM
i was leaving the school today at around 930 and i get in my car but it won't start. i finally get a couple guys nearby to push my car down one of the ramps of the art parkade for a running start. it works. after driving my mother home and everything, i decide i should do some high-rev runs around the neighborhood (i'm sure that pissed off a lot of people) to get the alternator running andhopefully recharge the battery. unfortunately, my car wouldn't start. so ihad to call a buddy to boost me.

any ideas on what could be draining my battery? nothing was left on in my car. i'm thinking it could be that i don't turn off my head unit when i turn off the car.

Boost Infested
09-11-2002, 12:06 AM
if its a original from 96 i think its time for a replacement... you must fully charge the battery with a charger... by running or high reving the car will not fully charge the battery. it will never be fully charged unless its on a charger.

sexualbanana
09-11-2002, 12:07 AM
i had almost the same problem like 8 r 9 months ago. my car just shut down in the middle of the mcdicks drive-thru.
i got a new battery, because the garage said the alternator was perfectly fine

ninspeed
09-11-2002, 12:20 AM
how do you push start a fuel injected car? i thought you could olny do it on carbed cars..

sexualbanana
09-11-2002, 12:25 AM
i dunno, but it worked

Boost Infested
09-11-2002, 12:30 AM
yes, you can push start fuel injected car. if you car just died during driving then its your alternator, its not charging.... slowy draining the power down....have your alternator check out... and battery.

sexualbanana
09-11-2002, 12:34 AM
the first time it happened, i thought it was the alternator, but the mechanic said it was perfectly fine. so i just got a new battery and it worked. now it just dies when its parked

Boost Infested
09-11-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
the first time it happened, i thought it was the alternator, but the mechanic said it was perfectly fine. so i just got a new battery and it worked. now it just dies when its parked

when you turn the key over, what kind of noise does it make? any clicking noise?

sexualbanana
09-11-2002, 12:49 AM
clicking

Boost Infested
09-11-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
clicking

something is draining your battery or battery is not fully charge..

nookmumracing
09-11-2002, 03:43 PM
I bought one and installed it, then I found out that my old one had warrantee on it. It's from Canadian Tire retail $119 ( I think) not for sure. Give me a price if you need one

Peace

sexualbanana
09-11-2002, 04:12 PM
mine was on warranty too so i just returned it and got another one.

speedracer
09-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Might want to check your ignition ground, Alt ground...

kaput
09-11-2002, 07:32 PM

SmelltheRubber
09-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Hey, my buddy is having the exact same problem with his 93 accord!! It seems that the battery is being mysteriously drained even though nothing is left on in the car. The poor guy is carrying 2 spare batteries in his trunk till he figures out whats wrong.

cocoabrova
09-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
how do you push start a fuel injected car? i thought you could olny do it on carbed cars..
A car's fuel delivery system doesn't have an effect on push-starting a vehicle. If it's automatic then you definitely won't be able to push-start it :thumbsup:

Ferio_vti
09-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber
The poor guy is carrying 2 spare batteries in his trunk till he figures out whats wrong.

That can't be a good idea. Next thing you know spilt battery acid is eating through the floor of his trunk.

B18C
09-12-2002, 02:12 PM
Get rid of those damn underdrive pulleys and your problems may go away. I think the old ones are in the shed in the AEM tru-time pulley box.

sexualbanana
09-12-2002, 10:15 PM
uh. . . we just tossed those lsat week when dad and i were throwin a bunch of shit away.

what does the underdrive pulley have to do with this?? u didnt have those problems when u had the pulleys did u?

Boost Infested
09-12-2002, 10:21 PM
under drive pullies might not charge the battery up as well...if you dont let the car idle for a while b4 you shut er down then you might loose battery power...

three.eighteen.
09-15-2002, 04:30 PM
hey my car dies when it sits too, dunno wtf is up, my cables are kind of corroded, and the CAA guy that boosted me said that might be the prob