10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Ugh. Ok Children. GO TO YOUR ROOMS!
Yes dad. ;)

Toma
10-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ron korolak
Sorry hero a stock short block motor fuck grow the fuck up man:facepalm:
Aside from the snide comments, apology and your correction on that point accepted ;)

ron korolak
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Aside from the snide comments, apology and your correction on that point accepted ;)

Snide comments thats funny re-read your posts I did have respect for you before this thread :rolleyes: I can't blame you for being upset he went so much faster then you with a stock block with less then 2/3 of the displacement I didn't think it would bother you that much though. :dunno:

Toma
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ron korolak

Snide comments thats funny re-read your posts I did have respect for you before this thread :rolleyes: I can't blame you for being upset he went so much faster then you with a stock block with less then 2/3 of the displacement I didn't think it would bother you that much though. :dunno:
LOL... nice try. :poosie:

Sentry
10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I'd say the same thing about owning a Neon but here you are.
:rofl:

Canadaslowest
10-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow, 2007 all over again lol, Congrats to DJ with the Shadow, 10's in a K car is haulin' ass. I think it's funny that this list only becomes an issue when my car is involved and like I've said before, I don't care if I'm on the list, I do this for me. The list is just that, a list. People can judge for themselves who is the quickest. I'm not going to speak for Toma, but he has seen first hand everything I have gone through in the last 3 years to get to this point and that's probably why he doesn't want to see the rug pulled out from under me again. Here is my slip http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/Canadaslowest/shootouttimeslip3-4.jpg

Z_Fan
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Post a back-up pass...

Love the 60'.

:devil:

Canadaslowest
10-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Post a back-up pass...

Love the 60'.

:devil: You love that 60'? Check this one out. 6" under the front tire.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/Canadaslowest/shootouttimeslip3-3.jpg

redmethods
10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Maybe it is just time to stop keeping a list all together.

More crying than it is worth.

Maybe we should go back to the way it was meant to be, just Japan's sprorts cars only?

Or maybe just cars from Calgary?

Or maybe cars that only came back half or 4-links or open wheel cars?

Maybe next year Toma can take over the list & put what ever car he wants on the list. Well, not supra's because all the V8 guys know the supra as a sports car first, not just some rice rocket or Jap Crap or & etc...

How about it Toma, you what the list?

Don't get me wrong, I like doing the list. In the hope to getting more imports out to the track & interest in racing their car.
That way there are more drag racing events & not just a bunch of boring V8 guys & the bracket racing.

redmethods
10-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Listed updated.

If there are any more time slips, please post them up buy the end of October.

Thanks

Toma
10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
You can keep your list.

Since you are asking.... I like the list and the idea of a list, just found it childish how some were trying really hard to find creative and illogical ways to make a certain car that fits the rules ineligible.

My opinion is that simply, it doesn't matter what kind of car it's in, it's the engine that counts.

So, 4 or 6 cylinder, and legally Alberta plated. That's as far as I care.

redmethods
10-04-2011, 06:38 AM
You can keep your list.

Since you are asking.... I like the list and the idea of a list, just found it childish how some were trying really hard to find creative and illogical ways to make a certain car that fits the rules ineligible.

My opinion is that simply, it doesn't matter what kind of car it's in, it's the engine that counts.

It isn't just my list. It's for everyone.

As for engines, I think it has lots to factors. Like if your car came from the factory with a 4 link or a mustang rear end.

What's next min tub? Rail car? Just to bet out some guy that drives his car daily & all he does for running on the track is which tires.
That is where I have a problem.

ron korolak
10-04-2011, 07:24 AM
You can keep your list.

So Toby put the Pinto on the list and your still crying? :cry: Wow

Toma
10-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by redmethods

As for engines, I think it has lots to factors. Like if your car came from the factory with a 4 link or a mustang rear end.

What's next min tub? Rail car? Just to bet out some guy that drives his car daily & all he does for running on the track is which tires.
That is where I have a problem.
You can't register a rail car.

Otherwise, if its registered and plated, it's a street car as far the the authorities are concerned.

PERSONALLY, I don't think anything that runs anything but Shell 91 or even Husky 94 is a street car.....

But i gave up trying to convince others of what I THINK is a street car. Everyone is different. My main thing was always real pump gas (see my signature). The "street" car argument is OLD and gets nowhere.

The Daily Drive bit is stupid. I have 9 cars, you suggesting none are street car cause I cant drive them all everyday?

If Dario was an 18 year old kid, he COULD drive his Pinto daily to work and such..... but he has like 5 cars lol.

I'm older. I'm not some teenage kid modding his only car.

MOST guys with a job have at least 2 cars. Their daily driver, and their toys

What I will "tolerate" daily is one thing, compared what someone else will. I have customers all the time that daily drive their lowered, on 19's stiff as hell cars, and that ain't me. I want Cadillac ride lol.

And people that make it on the list, just like to be ON the list. Not many have delusions that they can be number one. I was just happy to make the list last year, I knew eventually someone like Ron or Dario, or a number of other guys doing builds would clean my clock.

My penis is not small enough that i am threatened by that.

There is ALWAYS someone faster. Or they spent more money, or they were prepared to compromise their AC and you weren't, or they were willing to put a full slick on it and you weren;t, or they were willing to run race fuel and you weren't or....

I'm not sure why you are so threatened by suspensions that came factory in some cars. That's the last of your worries.

You gonna ban Talons cause they are AWD, and 100% of their weight is on the driven wheels at all times? Man, I tell ya after racing mine, gotta say, AWD RULES!

Even the BEST rwd suspensioned car cant make that claim. They can transfer 100% to the back tires maybe for a short period of time, but they cant do it for the whole run.... Makes a HUGE difference.

You are the typical Internet Supra guy. 800hp, and can't put it down.

Here is a hint. It's not your style of suspensions fault.

Ron@Revolution
10-04-2011, 10:24 AM

You can't register a rail car.

Otherwise, if its registered and plated, it's a street car as far the the authorities are concerned.

PERSONALLY, I don't think anything that runs anything but Shell 91 or even Husky 94 is a street car.....

But i gave up trying to convince others of what I THINK is a street car. Everyone is different. My main thing was always real pump gas (see my signature). The "street" car argument is OLD and gets nowhere.

The Daily Drive bit is stupid. I have 9 cars, you suggesting none are street car cause I cant drive them all everyday?

If Dario was an 18 year old kid, he COULD drive his Pinto daily to work and such..... but he has like 5 cars lol.

I'm older. I'm not some teenage kid modding his only car.

MOST guys with a job have at least 2 cars. Their daily driver, and their toys

What I will "tolerate" daily is one thing, compared what someone else will. I have customers all the time that daily drive their lowered, on 19's stiff as hell cars, and that ain't me. I want Cadillac ride lol.

And people that make it on the list, just like to be ON the list. Not many have delusions that they can be number one. I was just happy to make the list last year, I knew eventually someone like Ron or Dario, or a number of other guys doing builds would clean my clock.

My penis is not small enough that i am threatened by that.

There is ALWAYS someone faster. Or they spent more money, or they were prepared to compromise their AC and you weren't, or they were willing to put a full slick on it and you weren;t, or they were willing to run race fuel and you weren't or....

I'm not sure why you are so threatened by suspensions that came factory in some cars. That's the last of your worries.

You gonna ban Talons cause they are AWD, and 100% of their weight is on the driven wheels at all times? Man, I tell ya after racing mine, gotta say, AWD RULES!

Even the BEST rwd suspensioned car cant make that claim. They can transfer 100% to the back tires maybe for a short period of time, but they cant do it for the whole run.... Makes a HUGE difference.

You are the typical Internet Supra guy. 800hp, and can't put it down.

Here is a hint. It's not your style of suspensions fault.

Haha wow I thought if anyone was smart enough to know what an advatage a Trans brake, and domestic auto, with a straight axle and 4 link, and big slicks is it would be you. Must have given you far to much credit I guess. Put Tobys motor in Darios car and see what it would run the car is only 2000Lbs or less, I would bet it would run low 8's easily. You even hinting a brittle AWD with an IRS, and no burnout is even remotly in the same league as a well setup RWD is funny. Jezz I wonder why all the fast guys run domestic autos and RWD not AWD, or IRS setup? :banghead:

Toma
10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ron@Revolution

Haha wow I thought if anyone was smart enough to know what an advatage a Trans brake, and domestic auto, with a straight axle and 4 link, and big slicks is it would be you. Must have given you far to much credit I guess. Put Tobys motor in Darios car and see what it would run the car is only 2000Lbs or less, I would bet it would run low 8's easily. You even hinting a brittle AWD with an IRS, and no burnout is even remotly in the same league as a well setup RWD is funny. Jezz I wonder why all the fast guys run domestic autos and RWD not AWD, or IRS setup? :banghead:
We aren't 7 second hitters here on Beyond Ron.

I've personally seen Supra's run LOW 8s on IRS. Stop Crying.

Talon is a interesting story, yeah, they are brittle, but right now, a Talon with only 550 real hp on STREET tires could be number 2.

I've owned every car under the Sun, and man, even with 500hp, non of them could hook on a street tire.... except the stupid Talon... It just WOULD NOT spin.... Yes I broke a rear U joint, but that was an easy fix. Guy ALL the time in FWD's/AWD/RWD buy aftermakret axles, twin disk clutches, dog boxes.... so? Gonna try and outlaw aftermarket parts period?

AWD is better in every way than RWD as far as our little list goes.

I cant BELIEVE you two tools are crying about AWD, or RWD just cause of the IRS at your levels. It's called "suspension tuning". Learn it, like it, love it.

The only guys that have a legit GRIPE are the FWD cars.

You can start crying more about it of someone starts posting 8 second times slips here, and you will point out why YOU THINK it should be outlawed. ;) OR why you think the way you did it was harder, more creative, more challenging, means more.... lol Hope that happens, cause we all KNOW how you will react....

"Congratulation, good job, big smile" in public.

"Grumble grumble, fucking asshole" under your breath.

Z_Fan
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Oh no. It's YOUR list. :poosie:

For how many fucking times I've heard that...

Hahhahaah. :devil:

Sentry
10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Guy ALL the time in FWD's/AWD/RWD buy aftermakret axles, twin disk clutches, dog boxes.... so? Gonna try and outlaw aftermarket parts period?
Picknpull axles, $300 clutch, 200,000 km synchros stock tranny.

:D

I don't think I can beat gpomp and clamber back onto the list. :(

Sorath
10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

Picknpull axles, $300 clutch, 200,000 km synchros stock tranny.

:D

I don't think I can beat gpomp and clamber back onto the list. :(

hopefully i can make a run this year and knock you both off the list :P

Z_Fan
10-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I like the list and the idea of a list, just found it childish how some were trying really hard to find creative and illogical ways to make a certain car that fits the rules ineligible.

FWIW, I don't think that Toby for one second had any plan to NOT put the Pinto on the list. It fits the criteria, he knows it fits the criteria, and I honestly don't believe he wasn't going to put the car on the list.

I don't think any of the conversation in this thread had any influence whatsoever on the end result of it being on the list. I think if a timeslip was submitted, it would get put on the list - and it was submitted - and it is on the list.

I think you need to keep the rules simply enough (like they are right now) to let people play with whatever combo they want, and have fun at the track with it.

Sentry
10-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

hopefully i can make a run this year and knock you both off the list :P
Hey! Fuck you!

I'm racing this Friday if the weather is nice.

Toma
10-05-2011, 12:17 AM

FWIW, I don't think that Toby for one second had any plan to NOT put the Pinto on the list. It fits the criteria, he knows it fits the criteria, and I honestly don't believe he wasn't going to put the car on the list.

no no... of course he wasn't gonna back out of putting up this year. lol

It was his musing of changing the rules for next year that I was commenting on..... and Ron's "Oh gee whiz, I thought domestic drive-train and live axle were against the rules" bs lol

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM

no no... of course he wasn't gonna back out of putting up this year. lol

It was his musing of changing the rules for next year that I was commenting on..... and Ron's "Oh gee whiz, I thought domestic drive-train and live axle were against the rules" bs lol

Your the only one crying in this thread thats the funny part to me.

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2011, 10:30 AM

We aren't 7 second hitters here on Beyond Ron.

I've personally seen Supra's run LOW 8s on IRS. Stop Crying.

Talon is a interesting story, yeah, they are brittle, but right now, a Talon with only 550 real hp on STREET tires could be number 2.

I've owned every car under the Sun, and man, even with 500hp, non of them could hook on a street tire.... except the stupid Talon... It just WOULD NOT spin.... Yes I broke a rear U joint, but that was an easy fix. Guy ALL the time in FWD's/AWD/RWD buy aftermakret axles, twin disk clutches, dog boxes.... so? Gonna try and outlaw aftermarket parts period?

AWD is better in every way than RWD as far as our little list goes.

I cant BELIEVE you two tools are crying about AWD, or RWD just cause of the IRS at your levels. It's called "suspension tuning". Learn it, like it, love it.

The only guys that have a legit GRIPE are the FWD cars.

You can start crying more about it of someone starts posting 8 second times slips here, and you will point out why YOU THINK it should be outlawed. ;) OR why you think the way you did it was harder, more creative, more challenging, means more.... lol Hope that happens, cause we all KNOW how you will react....

"Congratulation, good job, big smile" in public.

"Grumble grumble, fucking asshole" under your breath.

First off Toma I realy don't know who you think you are but in this thread you have only proven to me that you like to make insults, and that you realy don't know what your talking about. I have no respect for you. Jezz didn't even have to grumble, and think your the only one whinning here see. If I have something to say I'm more then happy to say it. I could care less about Dario's car and wish the guy all the best because anyone with any knowledge of cars would know its not in the same class as the rest of the cars on the list. Whats impressive is cars like dj's doing 10's in a very heavy FWD car that is still street driven.

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2011, 10:33 AM

I don't think any of the conversation in this thread had any influence whatsoever on the end result of it being on the list. I think if a timeslip was submitted, it would get put on the list - and it was submitted - and it is on the list.

I think you need to keep the rules simply enough (like they are right now) to let people play with whatever combo they want, and have fun at the track with it.

You don't know shit Shawn, Toma knows everything just ask him :rofl: Were all scared of the Pinto don't you know :banghead: :facepalm: Too funny:whocares:

Toma
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Can someone clarify the rules for me?? I noticed the last 3 years, the rules stated:

#1 states "1. Primary fuel for eligible vehicles must be gasoline. Use of Race Gasoline is permitted. Water/Methanol Injection is permitted. Nitrous Oxide is Permitted. "

Curious. Can I mix alcohol(ethanol) out of a drum with a tiny bit of shell gas, and be eligible on the list?

Thanks.

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Can someone clarify the rules for me?? I noticed the last 3 years, the rules stated:

#1 states "1. Primary fuel for eligible vehicles must be gasoline. Use of Race Gasoline is permitted. Water/Methanol Injection is permitted. Nitrous Oxide is Permitted. "

Curious. Can I mix alcohol(ethanol) out of a drum with a tiny bit of shell gas, and be eligible on the list?

Thanks.

FYI it's called E85 and all major manufactures have vehicles that run on it. Funny how a so called expert on tuning doesn't know what E85 is weird. Talk about playing stupid :) might want to read up on it, you would probably learn something! Then again maybe not as you know everything already. Jezz maybe we should put a 103.76 octane rating on fuel too hey Toma :(

Z_Fan
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Sad you guys bickering makes me want to unsubscribe from this thread...

Haha.

Toma
10-05-2011, 04:53 PM

FYI it's called E85 and all major manufactures have vehicles that run on it. Funny how a so called expert on tuning doesn't know what E85 is weird. Talk about playing stupid :) might want to read up on it, you would probably learn something! Then again maybe not as you know everything already. Jezz maybe we should put a 103.76 octane rating on fuel too hey Toma :(

Just fascinated at the hypocrisy of the guy trying to keep the Pinto off the list that FULLY fits the rules, yet Ron has a car that runs alcohol and is CLEARLY against the rules.

Sorry Ron, mxing your own fuel does not MAKE it E85. E85 is not GASOLINE (petroleum based), it is an alternative fuel that is ALCOHOL based.

Are you still calling it pump gas, despite the fact that it's not gas, and not available at ANY pump In Alberta?

Also, you are a lying roach. When you called me asking for advice on tuning with E85, you told me a buddy imported it for you, but as you posed on the Yellow Bullet, you get Ethanol, and mix it with 91 shell yourself.

YOU and your alcohol race car don't belong on the list BY THE RULES. ;)

:poosie:

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Just fascinated at the hypocrisy of the guy trying to keep the Pinto off the list that FULLY fits the rules, yet Ron has a car that runs alcohol and is CLEARLY against the rules.

Sorry Ron, mxing your own fuel does not MAKE it E85. E85 is not GASOLINE (petroleum based), it is an alternative fuel that is ALCOHOL based.

Are you still calling it pump gas, despite the fact that it's not gas, and not available at ANY pump In Alberta?

Also, you are a lying roach. When you called me asking for advice on tuning with E85, you told me a buddy imported it for you, but as you posed on the Yellow Bullet, you get Ethanol, and mix it with 91 shell yourself.

YOU and your alcohol race car don't belong on the list BY THE RULES. ;)

Are you playing stupid or are you really that dumb? Every major auto manufactures cars that run on E85. My car runs on it too, so either ban my car and any flex fuel vehicle thats made cause it could be running it too. Just cause Alberta doesn't sell it but most of the States do that makes it in your little mind not pump gas. haha your pathetic why don't you just get a car and make enough power to beat my car :) Oh wait that would take alot more thinking then your obviously able to do :banghead: Do you think I wouldn't actualy make more power on Meth, or VP Import if I really wanted? Oh wait I would so go back to P-Shop and ride Dario's dick all you want or put together a car thats faster without resorting to usind a domestic drive train. Quit running your mouth and run a car.:guns: This is getting so sad I'm done arguing you can't fix stupid :whocares:

Toma
10-05-2011, 07:49 PM

blah blah blah... self jsutification....blah blah blah... hypocritical statement...blah blah

Everything you have said in this thread is wrong. I understand your learning disability and all... but lets break down my final arguemtn for you as SIMPLY and starigh forwardly I can....

RULE

1. Primary fuel for eligible vehicles must be gasoline

Definitions:

Gasoline /ˈɡæsəliːn/, or petrol /ˈpɛtrəl/, is a toxic translucent, petroleum-derived liquid that is primarily used as a fuel in internal combustion engines. It consists mostly of organic compounds obtained by the fractional distillation of petroleum

Although fossil fuels have become the dominant energy resource for the modern world, alcohol has been used as a fuel throughout history. The first four aliphatic alcohols (methanol, ethanol, propanol,[disambiguation needed] and butanol) are of interest as fuels because they can be synthesized chemically or biologically, and they have characteristics which allow them to be used in current engines. One advantage shared by all four alcohols is their high octane rating

Simply.... your car should not be on last 2 years lists.

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2011, 09:12 PM

Everything you have said in this thread is wrong. I understand your learning disability and all... but lets break down my final arguemtn for you as SIMPLY and starigh forwardly I can....

RULE

Definitions:

Simply.... your car should not be on last 2 years lists.

Whaaaaaa :facepalm: My car does run on gasoline haha

Commanderwiggin
10-06-2011, 11:14 PM
It would be so awesome to have corn fuel (E85) at pumps all around Canada...cheaper, cleaner and it's like running race fuel all the time. Sure your fuel economy goes down in comparison to normal pump fuel...but the cost difference mixed with all the benefits makes it a no brainer for a high performance street car. Heck you can run anywhere from 0% ethanol to 100% ethanol and the flex fuel sensor will signal the EMS to adjust for it...no E85 available??? throw in some pump fuel and be done with it. No worrying about tuning for 110 Octane Race Map and a 87 Octane Street Map. Wish we had E85 up here...not to mention all the retards who buy flexfuel vehicles in Canada and cannot even utilize it lol.

Sentry
10-06-2011, 11:56 PM
The next car I build will be water/meth injected. For a relatively low (a decent progressive controlled kit is still less than 500 bucks) investment, the benefits seem outstanding if you plan to push some serious boost into the engine.

No more praying that Husky continues to carry 94.
No more E85 envy of Americans.

Just fill er up with 91, and a couple bucks worth of fluid every second or third tank.

blackpeople
10-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Sentry
The next car I build will be water/meth injected. For a relatively low (a decent progressive controlled kit is still less than 500 bucks) investment, the benefits seem outstanding if you plan to push some serious boost into the engine.

No more praying that Husky continues to carry 94.
No more E85 envy of Americans.

Just fill er up with 91, and a couple bucks worth of fluid every second or third tank.

I have been all about the meth for a couple years now. I have had a couple cars that have been running meth. However most of those meth kits have their little issues sometimes and dont like to work. The issue with that is most people tune their cars pretty aggressive when they run meth so if the kit stops working for a short period of time for whatever reason and you dont notice well its usually not pretty.

Toma
10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by blackpeople

I have been all about the meth for a couple years now. I have had a couple cars that have been running meth. However most of those meth kits have their little issues sometimes and dont like to work. The issue with that is most people tune their cars pretty aggressive when they run meth so if the kit stops working for a short period of time for whatever reason and you dont notice well its usually not pretty.

There is that. And there is also a reason we went to multi point fuel injection in the 80's lol.

Meth mechanical failures are getting somewhat common. blocked nozzles, failed pumps, blown fuse, failed controller.....

But how do you fix the inherent distribution problems? Especially on bigger kits/nozzles.

Only adding water meth on a well tuned otherwise tune WILL lose power. Then you lean it out and add timing to get the power back, and IF the car was octane limited, you can keep doing this and get a power gain.... or you can raise boost beyond where it was "safe" on straight 94.

But who says all cylinder are getting their equal share? A 'typical' meth failure will show 3 perfectly happy cylinders, and one destroyed one.... from either too little or too much meth compared to the others.

redmethods
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/redmethods/19372b84.jpg
Not to bad for street car.

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Nah, I actually don't give a fuck, just having fun pointing out the hypocrisy of a "holier than thou" attitude ;)

I don't build my own cars anymore. Been there, done that, ran my first nine in a real street car in the 90's lol. Was never THAT interested, definitely not worth the hassle today (certified cage, jacket, pants, medicals, licensing, SFI this, SFI that).

Seriously, a couple guys contacted me saying I should go easy on you, saying you are actually an ok guy, just don't know a lot about cars. Other guy got no such references, contrary actually, and is still beating his chest ;)

Ron should be REMOVED from the previous two years lists for cheating though.

Thanks for your attention ;)

Jezz what a fucking baby haha too funny. Only in Toma's twisted mind should a car with a domestic trans, and rear end be on the list, and a AWD with stock drive train running the same fuel all major auto manufacutres produce vehicles to run on be banned. :facepalm: I guess you can't fix stupid :p Oh and cheating thats a good one since I posted what fuel I was running so obviously I wasn't trying to hide anything. Next time you message me for help I will remind you everytime just so you don't forget and think I'm trying to cheat! And for a guy that says he doesn't give a fuck you run around on import forums complaining and crying. You would think for a guy that is a big tuner you could get a light car like that to make alot more hp then I can from the same size motor? Oh waiting for the 2 valve excuse to come in. And yeah that was a call out :lol: I can't believe a big tuner/racer is crying about safety you want to play you pay its as simple as that. So build a car with a import drive train be it a Supra or whatever since you would probably have to use a 6 cylinder and show us how its done. 2012 should be a good year. Like I said before congrats to Dario but comparing it against FWD, RWD, and AWD running import based drive trains is like apples to oranges :mad: Not to mention its 800Lbs lighter :beer:

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/redmethods/19372b84.jpg
Not to bad for street car.

Congrats Toby no back it up!

Toma
10-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Jblah blah blah..... I'm stupid, and a Hypocrite... blah blah

Nothing to do with me shady Ron. It's the RULES. ;)

Now go cry in your corner, with your custom built Domestic transfer case, custom domestic axles, and your alcohol.

I can't believe in your feeble mind you are still trying to justify why YOUR car fits the rules, when CLEARLY it doesn't.

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Nothing to do with me shady Ron. It's the RULES. ;)

Now go cry in your corner, with your custom built Domestic transfer case, custom domestic axles, and your alcohol.

I can't believe in your feeble mind you are still trying to justify why YOUR car fits the rules, when CLEARLY it doesn't.

Haha your pathetic just build a car using an import drive train that can run faster and I will shut my mouth. Domestic transfer case, and axles haha to fucking funny when Dario runs a real domestic trans, and straight rear axle. Pot calling the kettel black. Quit your crying and put up a car that runs a number or shut up :) Seems pretty simple only time well tell 2012 is right around the corner :drama:

Toma
10-10-2011, 04:40 PM

Haha your pathetic just build a car using an import drive train that can run faster and I will shut my mouth. Domestic transfer case, and axles haha to fucking funny when Dario runs a real domestic trans, and straight rear axle. Pot calling the kettel black. Quit your crying and put up a car that runs a number or shut up :) Seems pretty simple only time well tell 2012 is right around the corner :drama:
This has NOTHING to do with anyone but you...

I DON'T CARE what a car has a for a drivetrain. You were the only guy ion this thread crying foul at a domestic drivetrain when you in fact have.... a $7000+ Custom DOMESTIC dog box, a $4000+ Multi disk DOMESTIC Tilton Clutch, a CUstom $$$ DOMESTIC transfer case, DOMESTIC $$ Axles...

Oh.... and AWD .... er 4wd! AND your SCARED of 2wd "straight axle drivetrains", that can be found in Corolas, RX7's, Celica's etc?? Duuuhhhh.

Like I said, I don't care what drivetrain anyone has, only pointing out your hypocritical attitude once a gain.

You and Toby damn well know your car is on the list despite THE RULES.

Not what the rules should be or could be, but against WHAT THEY ARE and WERE.

If either of you had an ounce of credibility, your car would be removed from the previous lists.

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM

I DON'T CARE what a car has a for a drivetrain. You were the only guy ion this thread crying foul at a domestic drivetrain when you in fact have.... a $7000+ Custom DOMESTIC dog box, a $4000+ Multi disk DOMESTIC Tilton Clutch, a CUstom $$$ DOMESTIC transfer case, DOMESTIC $$ Axles...

Oh.... and AWD .... er 4wd! AND your SCARED of 2wd "straight axle drivetrains", that can be found in Corolas, RX7's, Celica's etc?? Duuuhhhh.

Like I said, I don't care what drivetrain anyone has, only pointing out your hypocritical attitude once a gain.

You and Toby damn well know your car is on the list despite THE RULES.

Not what the rules should be or could be, but against WHAT THEY ARE and WERE.

If either of you had an ounce of credibility, your car would be removed from the previous lists.

Fuck you might be the stupidist person I have met in awhile Toma, A- my gearset that fits in the stock case and is not Domestic its made in Austriallia which guess what genious would make it imported haha, my transfer case is still the stock case ring and pinion with a 300M output shaft. For all the readers that don't know steel is not a domestic material its used by all manufacturs haha, and I have upgraded axles which are made by a us company. But by your retarded rational if you have JE pistons in your import its no longer an import cause there a domestic piston company :blink: Grow the fuck up and quit grasping at straws :asshole::asshole: My transfer case does not fit or has ever been fit on a mustang or chev, neither has my transmission neither has my rear IRS diff, but jezz I can find losts of mustangs running the same drive train as the Pinto that is my point. According to your irrational thoughts if I put my motor in a mustang and ran on C-16 that would make me the fastest import haha to pathetic. Jezz its like I can almost read your simple little minds plotting to get your name atop the list :facepalm:

Toma
10-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Well, lucky for everyone, its a COMPACT car list, not an IMPORT only list.

Cause I think you just explained to yourself why in this world of aftermarket parts, multi national corporations etc, nothing is black and white "import or domestic" anymore. The Pinto engine and trans is originally european, with parts in it from all over the world, more recently assembled in the US/Canada ..... just like your car and any of your aftermarket parts....

Before you cry some more..... the list is for the fastest GASOLINE powered sub 3.8 litre engined compact.

By the current rules.

So, despite your attempt to drag in drivetrain, AWD, RWD, straight axle Corolla's, Domestic, Import, IRS etc...

Your Feeble attempts to blur the issue, your hypocritical, self justifying lies, misdirection, and blah blah....

bottom line, by the current rules....

Your car does not belong.

Sorry, try again next year, or get Supra boy to change the rules just for you.

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM

I'm pathetic V8 super detuner that can't beat the imports at there own game so I'm going to cry about one of the cars running a fuel that is accepted throughout north america and by all the major auto manufacutres WHAAAAAAA

So does this some it up?

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 06:09 PM

My car is still faster then that car which is sad, but why should a FWD car get bumped so a 9"ed rear axled V8 drivetrain car can be at the top.

Why won't you answer my questions

Here just so your stupid head can understand it

Are you in your twisted little mind saying my motor in a mustang chassis would quaillify for the list running VP import at $1200 a drum and +120 ocatane, but my car running E85 (around 110 ocatane and $300 a drum doesnt. Just read what your saying and even to you it must seem stupid, well maybe not to you but I'm sure most other people reading this thread :banghead:

Toma
10-10-2011, 06:13 PM

So does this some it up?
lol....
My Summary was above ;)

I'll re-quote for you.

the list is for the fastest GASOLINE powered sub 3.8 litre engined compact.

By the current rules.

So, despite your attempt to drag in drivetrain, AWD, RWD, straight axle Corolla's, Domestic, Import, IRS etc...

Your Feeble attempts to blur the issue, your hypocritical, self justifying lies, misdirection, and blah blah....

bottom line, by the current rules....

Your car does not belong.

Sorry, try again next year, or get Supra boy to change the rules just for you.

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 06:14 PM

My car is still faster then that car which is sad, but why should a FWD car get bumped so a 9"ed rear axled V8 drivetrain car can be at the top.

Here just so your stupid head can understand it

Are you in your twisted little mind saying my motor in a mustang chassis would quaillify for the list running VP import at $1200 a drum and +120 ocatane, but my car running E85 (around 110 ocatane and $300 a drum doesnt. Just read what your saying and even to you it must seem stupid, well maybe not to you but I'm sure most other people reading this thread :banghead:

Why don't you just answer the question and prove how dumb you really are? Oh wait your to much of a coward roach to answer it :clap:

Toma
10-10-2011, 06:19 PM

My car is still faster then that car which is sad, but why should a FWD car get bumped so a $20,000 in drivetrain
alone AWD car can be at the top?

Cause they are not relevant to the CURRENT rules discussion.

Once the list becomes FWD only, and you still try and cheat and post your car, we will have this discussion again.

But not until, Alcohol boy.

Everyone else on the list is legal BY THE RULES.

Your opinion of what should be, could be, etc. is hypocritical as your car is the ONLY ONE that is against the rules.

Move along troll.

Ron@Revolution
10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for proving me right once again by avoiding the same question over and over I'm done you can't fix stupid :banghead:

962 kid
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks for proving me right once again by avoiding the same question over and over I'm done you can't fix stupid :banghead:

Just curious, but what about the question you've been avoiding? Why is your car on the list if the passes that put it there were done on alcohol rather than gasoline? Sure you may have run the same times or better on race gas... but you didn't. Would you not say it's fair to pull the times off until you match the times on race gas? It should be easy enough, no?

Sentry
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Not if it starts fucking snowing, and it will soon. :rofl:

962 kid
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
better hurry up then ;)

Stang Banger
10-10-2011, 07:28 PM

You don't know shit Shawn, Toma knows everything just ask him :rofl: Were all scared of the Pinto don't you know :banghead: :facepalm: Too funny:whocares:

:rofl: :rofl: too freaking funny!!!

redmethods
10-10-2011, 10:21 PM
10.5 Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q5qzFSnQLo

On shitty stock suspension & not no custom drag suspension set.

Toma
10-10-2011, 10:36 PM
10.5 Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q5qzFSnQLo

On shitty stock suspension & not no custom drag suspension set.
There ya go! Finally worthy of that mph.

Nice job :thumbsup:

redmethods
10-10-2011, 10:49 PM

There ya go! Finally worthy of that mph.

Nice job :thumbsup:

To bad I can't use it for the list. :devil:

Toma
10-10-2011, 10:58 PM

To bad I can't use it for the list. :devil:

What? Surely you wouldn't wanna bump a poor little FWD with 40% less engine and ancient 2 valves per cylinder to boot?!?!?!

;)

Z_Fan
10-11-2011, 09:27 AM

What? Surely you wouldn't wanna bump a poor little FWD with 40% less engine and ancient 2 valves per cylinder to boot?!?!?!

;)

DJ's car uses a 2.4L engine from a Stratus. So it is a 16 valve (4 valve per cylinder) DOHC engine he bought wrecked for $100. Unless he changed it. :devil:

Z_Fan
10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh and congrats Toby on the 10.5 pass. Good job. Launch looked pretty good and the first shift was nice too.

Toma
10-11-2011, 09:41 AM

DJ's car uses a 2.4L engine from a Stratus. So it is a 16 valve (4 valve per cylinder) DOHC engine he bought wrecked for $100. Unless he changed it. :devil: :devil:

Z_Fan
10-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I haven't seen it since 2 years ago, so I've got no idea what is in his car now.

dirtsniffer
10-11-2011, 01:44 PM
imo mixing alcohol into gasoline yourself is not pump gas..

Ron@Revolution
10-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
imo mixing alcohol into gasoline yourself is not pump gas..

Who said anything about pump gas? :(

dirtsniffer
10-11-2011, 02:02 PM
just toma i guess.. gl with the car

Toma
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Who said anything about pump gas? :(

Revolution 1997 Talon Build (1000Whp Pump Gas Street Car)

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278233&highlight=talon

Ron@Revolution
10-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Which has nothing to do with this thread except to prove your not much more then a whinnying trolling as bitch :( but we new that already!

Z_Fan
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Which has nothing to do with this thread except to prove your not much more then a whinnying trolling as bitch :( but we new that already!

Well, I dunno or care about the fuel your car uses, but I know you've been mixing alcohol with something to be able to spell like that! :devil:

Ron@Revolution
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Well, I dunno or care about the fuel your car uses, but I know you've been mixing alcohol with something to be able to spell like that! :devil:

Haha

Z_Fan
10-11-2011, 08:01 PM

FWIW the only whinnying Toma does is when he's riding his barely legal girlfriend.

:whipped:

90_Shelby
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM

FWIW the only whinnying Toma does is when he's riding his barely legal girlfriend.

:whipped:

HAHAHAHA

That one made me laugh. :thumbsup:

blackpeople
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM

Some of the comments in that thread are funny as fawk.

Toma
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by blackpeople

Some of the comments in that thread are funny as fawk.

lol..... Yellowbullet is brutal, but entertaining. It's a weird place, I've had many an argument with the owners of Probe Industries and Accufab, right down to red neck hicks barely off the farm.

This one is gold.

=Nativeson;4708187]That's all true too. He can go to the dsm forum and call it pump gas all he wants to. They'll all give high fives and slap each others butt......

blackpeople
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM

lol..... Yellowbullet is brutal, but entertaining. It's a weird place, I've had many an argument with the owners of Probe Industries and Accufab, right down to red neck hicks barely off the farm.

This one is gold.

Wow they are ruthless, I think that will be my new favorite car forum to read.

turboshad
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the props from this forum. I don't visit much but I just had to check out the action. :D

DJ's car uses a 2.4L engine from a Stratus. So it is a 16 valve (4 valve per cylinder) DOHC engine he bought wrecked for $100. Unless he changed it. :devil:

That's right, I use a 2.4 so I'm cheating a bit. Everything about the car has been documented here from start to ........ well now.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?39999-93-2.4l-DOHC-Shadow

The only reason I bugged Toby this year to get the list back up was because it is the only thing us small displacement guys in Alberta have to strive for. Personally I could care less what drivetrain, fuel, country of origin, tire size, turbo size, sticker size or quantity the car has as long as it is one of the bastard children that doesn't get a real class in IHRA to race in. It is also the only way to see what other people are putting down at the track. I know how fast my car is and I get just as excited to see people going faster b/c it means the sport I love isn't about to die where I live. I can't wait to see Ron demolish the 8s and Dario dig deaper into the 9s on a freakin 8 valve. :eek: Hell if I was 10th place with a 10.79 in would be awesome b/c that would be there were a tonne of smokin fast cars around to motivate me to go faster. I wish there were more hardcore people around here to hand with and learn from. Anyway, my goal this year was 10s and I did it and I still have a huge to do list for the car. I never would have thought 9s with the thing but just maybe some day. :devil:

SteveG
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
May not meet the displacement cap but my all Toyota drivetrained 1973 celica with turbo 1uzfe in medicine hat in September

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h452/sgroenink/557e994e.jpg

Backup time slip

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h452/sgroenink/3f0e6abe.jpg

That was with bald street tires and about 450whp, now up to 573whp and have some 26x8.5 ET Drags but won't get my 10sec slip till next year now

Steve

redmethods
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Car sounds pretty cool. But It cant's make the list.

But post some pictures please.

redmethods
10-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Listed updated

redmethods
12-11-2011, 08:15 PM
***General Eligibility Requirements Changes & Updates are in RED for 2012 ***

1. Vehicle must be owned by an Alberta resident or business. Vehicle must be registered and insured in the province of Alberta.
2. Quarter mile pass must be completed on an Alberta quarter mile track. [Edmonton: Castrol Raceway, Medicine Hat: Medicine Hat Dragstrip, and Fairview/Drayton Valley/Grand Prairie.]
3. A digital photo or scan of your time slip [JPG format], which clearly indicates the Track, Date and your cars time must be submitted. Handwritten slips will not be accepted, pray the printer is working.
4. Video may also be used to submit your time IF a time slips is not available. [WMV format] Your video must clearly show the entire pass from start to finish and MUST clearly show the tower displaying both the MPH and the ET. In car video will not be suitable. Video alone may only be used in the case of cars running 11.49 or slower. All times quicker than 11.49 must have a valid time slip and back-up pass time slip or video.
5. When you submit your time, please include your Car Make/Model/Year and the name/screen name you wish to have displayed in the list.

Additional Information:

1. Primary fuel for eligible vehicles must be gasoline. Use of Race Gasoline and E-85 permitted. Water/Methanol Injection is permitted. Nitrous Oxide is Permitted. Alcohol is prohibited

2.Eligible cars must be streetable with the exception of tires. All variations of tire construction are permitted. Bias ply Slicks, Drag Radials or Street Radials. Any size DOT radial tire is permitted. Maximum size slick or DOT bias ply tire is 28.0” x 10.5”

3. Eligible engines (v8less) must be of an overhead cam (OHC) configuration. [exception: RX-7/8 Etc. Rotary]

4. All formats of drive, be it RWD, FWD or AWD are eligible for the list.

5 Chassis: All cars must retain complete stock chassis, floorboard, firewall, and frame rails3. Aftermarket “K” members are permitted. (no tub out cars though, fender rolling ok)

6.Suspension: All cars must utilize stock front and rear suspension and mounts. Aftermarket front control arms, rear control arms, and sub-frame connectors are permitted. Aftermarket struts and shocks are
permitted. Ladder bars, four links, and wheelie bars are prohibited on all cars.

For the purpose of this list a Sport Compact is defined as follows:

Any vehicle with an OEM engine displacement less than 3.8L. [3,800cc or 231 cubic inches.] Cars with stroker kits are permitted, providing that they do not exceed the displacement cap. Example a stroked 370z would be ineligible. A 2.4L stroked to 2.6L would be eligible.

11.49 or quicker Pass Requirements:

1. A back-up pass is required for passes quicker than 11.49 seconds. Your quickest pass needs to be backed up by a secondary pass that is within 0.25 seconds of the quick pass ET. Example, a pass of 11.13 must be backed up with a second pass that is 11.38 or quicker. Back-up passes must occur within a 60 day period.
Times submitted without a back-up pass will be allowed on the list, noted with an asterix, indicating that a back-up pass is yet to be completed. These times will be removed if a valid back-up pass is not submitted within the 60 day allowance.

*Calgary: Race City Motorsports Park is no longer open, so it is no longer on the list Alberta quarter mile tracks.
* Further changes & updates could follow.

Thank you,
Toby

962 kid
12-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Why is e85 permitted but alcohol is not? How are you going to enforce that rule? Also, what's the reasoning behind disallowing the modifications listed under item 6? Is modification (clearancing) of the firewall allowed for engine swap or other purposes?

Ron@Revolution
12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
X2

Toma
12-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
Why is e85 permitted but alcohol is not? How are you going to enforce that rule? Also, what's the reasoning behind disallowing the modifications listed under item 6? Is modification (clearancing) of the firewall allowed for engine swap or other purposes?

So that the car that had previously been cheating to make it to the top of the list, could now be legal ;)

Even though, it looks like E85 will never make it to Alberta pumps cause our climate.

So mixing alcohol with gasoline qualifies as E85 for the purposes of this list? This isn't a dis against Ron this time, legit question as we have customers interested in converting to true flex fuel, and since you cant actually buy E85 in Alberta, we would need to mix it as well. I know when we go race in street car classes in the US, though E85 is often legal, mixing your own is strictly prohibited.

Ron@Revolution
12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Still crying I guess you can never make everyone happy :)

Toma
12-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Still crying I guess you can never make everyone happy :)
Nope, just asking a question.

I won't bug you anymore.

As you recall, I was always the first to congratulate you. When all the V8 guys on the other forum were riding you, I was on your side etc....

It wasn't till your jealousy and underhanded comments surfaced on this thread, then I had enough of your ego, braggin, and hypocrisy.

Yes, your slags against the Pinto were subtle and you tried and paint them in an "innocent" light, but your intent was clear to anyone that even half knows you.

Honestly, I could care less what your car ran, or if it runs on ethanol, methanol, or Unobtanium.

Only reason I said anything was cause you were slagging a car that clearly fit the rules, when yours didn't.

Hypocrite.

But it's over now in celebration of the new season. ;)

Good luck with your build.

Ron@Revolution
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Toma I even asked Toby in the other thread on 780 if exluding 4 links would not allow the Pinto to run cause I thought he was running a 4-link? I would love to see the list as I suggested engine size and cylinder restriction and no other rules thats what I suggested, Toby came up with these rules on his own. As far as I'm concerned there should be two lists one fastest 4 cylinder, the other the fastest 6 cylinder list the only restriction is the car should be plated. Your the one that accused me of cheating when I talked to the person in charge of the list before switching to E85, and they had no problem with it. The said the "achool" rule was to keep a Meth drag motor off the list. You of all the people on it should know that I can make just as much power on VP Import 120+(oct) it just costs 4 times as much. My buddy Jeff has the fastest auto dsm went from E85 to Vp Import after running out of injector and picked up power, but the cost is stupid expensive. Sure a 9", trans breaked auto is like bringing a gun to a knife fight but I would welcome the challenge. The only one really that would suffer is the FWD guys that would never beable to compete against him. If they have no problem open this shit up Toby run what you brung and hope you brung enough. :guns: I personaly think there isn't enough fast 4 and 6 cylinder cars as it is and think the more rules you put the less people are going to step up. :thumbsup:

zipdoa
12-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow. You could make a primetime soap out of these last posts :rofl:

Z_Fan
12-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Wow. You could make a primetime soap out of these last posts :rofl:

Yeah. LOL. That was just the first episode of the 2012 season...

Toma
12-16-2011, 12:30 PM
A copy and from 780tuners that I wrote in response to Ron's post where he was trying to clarify some rules that seem "silly".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From memory when I did tech, these are NHRA rules, IHRA are the same, they just bump some of the ET's. Edmonton is IHRA, I believe Medicine Hat is NHRA. I'll put IHRA times in (brackets) if I know them....

Sounds to me like Edmonton tech maybe quite lax compared to the norm. I'm not a big fan of the complications invovled in legally running fast, but it is what it is.

At 13.5 you need a driveshaft safety loop.

at 11.99 (11.49) you need:
Roll Bar (chassis mod/floor mod)
Single Layer SFI Jacket
SFI 5 Point Seat Belts/Harness (chassis mod/floor mod)
SFI Scatter Shield or Bellhousing (potential firewall mod)
SFI Clutch and Flywheel

at 10.99 you need:
All the above plus
SFI Harmonic Balancer
SFI Axles
SFI Transmission shield or SFI transmission case (potential floor mod)

at 9.99 (9.49) or 135mph, all the above plus,
Full 8 point certified roll cage (chassis mod/floor mod)
SFI Window Net
Full dual layer driving suit, neck collar, gloves
SFI Flexplate and Flexplate shield (potential firewall mod)
Competition drivers license
Master Battery cut off switch (rear mounted)

at 150 mph you need all the above plus:
Parachute (chassis mod)

Making big power is EASY and CHEAP these days. Going fast safely and legally is where the hassle and serious mods come. It's why I've only run a handful of nines since my first one back like 12 years ago. Too much hassle, cuttin up the car for a proper/safe roll cage, window nets, competition license, bashing the firewall in my stang to fit a trans shield and flexplate shield.... plus I look like a blimp in a 2 layer fire suit lol

The way the new rules are written encourage running as fast as possible without the proper track mandated safety equipment.

Z_Fan
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
... plus I look like a blimp in a 2 layer fire suit lol

I just tipped the scale at 210 lbs. And it's not even Christmas yet. Fuck.

SteveG
12-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Theoretical question, I have the power, tire and chassis to run 10.0 this coming year but with my engine, trans, rear-end combination buying SFI certified crank pulley, clutch, flywheel, bellhousing just isn't feasible because NO-one makes them so I'm using stock parts or custom billet parts.

I would like to run 10.0 legal but it's looking like that just isn't possible?

Z_Fan
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
For the purpose of this list, all that shit is irrelevant. The problem is you'll get kicked off the track for even running close to that time with out the proper gear...

Especially now that Calgary is closed. Medicine Hat and Edmonton are pretty much a no bullshit kind of scenario. Calgary was pretty loosey goosey for cars that were, you know, high 11's or even low 11's. I ran low 11's several times and I don't have the proper gear to do so whilst meeting the NHRA or IHRA rulebook requirements. Fuck it. I'm not a drag racer, I don't have a drag car. I have a street car.