PDA

View Full Version : My experiance with Designo Auto house, Richmond BC

spike98
06-24-2011, 08:20 AM
I just wanted to give everyone the heads up about this company. In short, i will say they have piss poor customer service.

During the course of March i had made the descision to purchase some new wheels for my Jetta. After countless hours of research i decided on going with Forgestar F14's. I scoured the internet looking for places that sell forgestar and through the forgestar website i found that Designo Auto house is the most local and cheapest place for me to get them.

I spoke with Samson at Designo about getting the what would fit me the best. He was unsure what would be the approrpiate offset and really gave me no recommendations on what i need. So i set off to hunt down the appropriate specs. 18x8.5 ET45 5x112 with 225-40-18 falken rubber is what i had my heart set on. So i call him up and place the order April 7 (which was also my birthday! yay!)

I placed a deposit to get the ball rolling and completed the payment a few weeks later. This is when the issues started.

There was ZERO communication between Samson and I. None what so ever. I would call to arrange a payment and he would not be in or be on the phone and not call me back. I could send emails to which he rarely replied too. Nothing. I was told that it would take 3-4 weeks for delivery which was ok. During week 3 i called to see how things were and again...i got a oh ill check and call you back. Of course...he didn't.

I had to call him once a week to see if i could get some sort of update on where they are and when i should expect them. I leave town quite a bit for work so i had to make sure i know when they were going to arrive so i could make arrangements for someone to be around. Week 4, week 5, week 6...still the same dog and pony show. I would get no information or he would just make something up saying they are in transit and should be on there way to him any day. Week 7, Week 8, they are done powder coating and will be in transit to him. I got this info after several calls and voicemails...some pretty stern. Week 9, he has them and they are on the way! Week 10...same story...they should be on the way. No calls, wont return calls...feels like i am being avoided when i call to speak to someone else. "Who is calling?.......oh....yea he is on the phone. Can i get him to call you?" And guess what...no return call!!!

Finally after 79 days from placing the order my wheels arrive. I go to put them on and the rears wont fit!! The hub rubs on the caliper in the rear....just slightly but still. You would have thought that someone, be it forgestar or Designo would have know this.

So i took them to a buddy last night and had him machine the inside lip of the hub to a small 2mm 45degre bevel and they fit! Hazaa! When i spoke to Samson last night he told me to take pictures and he will send them to forgestar and that was the gist of what he could do.

All in all, if you guys can, avoid them. I feel like i got the run around on all fronts. Yes i did receive my product and i am happy with it, i have a VERY bad taste in my mouth from the customer service...or lack there of.