PDA

View Full Version : mountain biking in Calgary *12 Mile Coulee Rd

Gorilla
06-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Anyone done this trail? any tips and directions where to park and where to start?

ekguy
06-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Never heard of this. Very interested in the info as well. What type of trail is it supposed to be?

Troll-ol
06-24-2011, 07:59 PM
grow a pair and ride at c.o.p, so much more fun.

HHURICANE1
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
It's not a trail, it's a road in the far NW of the city. Popular with the road bike folks. Use Google Maps and you can find it.

ekguy
06-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Troll-ol

not everyone feels the need to pay 25$ everytime they want to bike...

COP is fun but it's not the be all end all place for biking...

Troll-ol
06-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

not everyone feels the need to pay 25$ everytime they want to bike...

COP is fun but it's not the be all end all place for biking... ridding on a pathway is for 5 year olds... A season pass for c.o.p is like 150.

yeller
06-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Heres an ok description of the path. try and Post some feed back if you end up riding it. http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-12-Mile-Coulee-near-Calgary-AB-4746

ekguy
06-25-2011, 02:49 PM
ridding on a pathway is for 5 year olds... A season pass for c.o.p is like 150.

thats definitely fine. But also your post was completely irrelevant to the thread.

swak
06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
COP is the gay.

Grow a pair, and actually ride your bike (ie. Pedal) and ride road, or x-country trails.

Troll-ol
06-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by swak
COP is the gay.

Grow a pair, and actually ride your bike (ie. Pedal) and ride road, or x-country trails. Come do some 10 foot drops, jumps and then come post.

swak
06-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Come do some 10 foot drops, jumps and then come post.

You have no idea...

I used to build trails and monitor them during the summer. Trust me, COP sucks. Unless you think their one 10 foot drop/run is the crazy radicals. Come to Moose if thats what you're looking for.

zipdoa
06-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I rode COP for the first time in 5yrs yesterday. It is WAY more focused on the 5-12 age group now. HUGE lineups and lots of groms crashing or blocking trails. None of the runs offered any challenge, and every stunt/obstacle has been 'nerfd'. I miss the 12ft expo drop and skinnies 6th in the air.

That being said, laser fade is fun when kiddies arent blocking it.

Anyone but the shittiest of mountain bikers will have more fun at moose.

As for Swak, I ride xc/road but nothing compares to DH - maybe your forgetting the technical aspect of freeriding that road lacks?

Gorilla
06-27-2011, 07:40 AM
**** REVIEW****

So we did this trail, parked at the Tuscany Community centre (on Tuscany Blvd) and rode down towards Stoney Tr.

The trail starts as a path and goes behind some nice houses, then a good downhill into the single track. It wasnt really challenging since majority was downhill..but there is some stream riding to be done which is awesome. Some of the streams were too large to ride so we had to jump them. The ride back up is a good cardio session and you can build up a good sweat.

Overall, it's a quick ride about 2hrs, but well worth it. Doesnt even feel like your in the city.

Troll-ol
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
I rode COP for the first time in 5yrs yesterday. It is WAY more focused on the 5-12 age group now. HUGE lineups and lots of groms crashing or blocking trails. None of the runs offered any challenge, and every stunt/obstacle has been 'nerfd'. I miss the 12ft expo drop and skinnies 6th in the air.

That being said, laser fade is fun when kiddies arent blocking it.

Anyone but the shittiest of mountain bikers will have more fun at moose.

As for Swak, I ride xc/road but nothing compares to DH - maybe your forgetting the technical aspect of freeriding that road lacks? It was good a few years back when they had that run with the left turn drop right off the road. Back when dirty little secret and such had the wooden jumps.

That being said I would rather ride at fernie since it's alot better.

D'z Nutz
06-27-2011, 09:21 AM

ridding on a pathway is for 5 year olds... A season pass for c.o.p is like 150.

Come do some 10 foot drops, jumps and then come post.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&action=showpost&postid=3702350#3702350

Eride
06-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I've done this ride quite a bit. Some technical sections for beginners, lots of creek crossings and always a bit of mud. Really fun couple hour trek, worth checking out if you are around the NW for sure.