PDA

View Full Version : Best sites for stock trading?

vtec4life
06-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I've been looking around but havent decided what site to go with. Has anyone used GCITrading? they say its 0% commission on trades and 5% margin requirements on stocks? I'm sure each site has their pro's and con's. I've never done this before so I plan on starting really slow, it is something that has always interested me though. Any help is appreciated!

bitteeinbit
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM
No commission on stock trading? How the hell do they make money? Are you sure it's not just for FOREX trading? I use Interactive brokers, I have a friend who uses Questrade. If you have big bucks you can try some other big bank brokers who give cheaper rates if you are trading in big amounts. But I wouldn't suggest allocating a lot of money into trading if you are beginning.

vtec4life
06-24-2011, 02:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing, they have to make money somehow so there must be a catch. I dont have big bucks but thanks for tips I'll check those websites out.

Mr_John
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I use Questrade and have a neutral feeling about them. Not great but not horrible. I definitely enjoy their commissions, especially for options.

Also look at iTrade.com and Thinkorswim.com (I might switch over to thinkorswim soon).

Quick search on GCI shows that they are horrible. Stay away.

Rat Fink
06-24-2011, 06:07 PM

roopi
06-25-2011, 12:11 AM
GCItrading is based out of Belize. I'd just pay the 9.95 commission with one of the big banks and sleep at night not having to worry about them disappearing. Also like rat fink said if you search beyond this topic has been covered a few times.