PDA

View Full Version : Review: MacLeod Sushi & BBQ #2

adam c
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Well after reading TomCo's thread on this place and getting tired of Sushi Ichiban for AYCE in the south I was excited to try this place out.

Food: 3/5 - Was pretty decent for what we received
Decor: 3/5 - Traditional Japanese restaurant decor
Service: 0/5 - Read below

We got there around 6:30 and the parking lot was full but upon entering the restaurant was maybe 1/3 full at most, we were seated at the back right beside the aisle. The staff was friendly at the start but that's where it ended. We sat down and filled out our order sheet, the first waitress took our order right away and within minutes we started receiving out order, wow great we though since most other places take at least 10 minutes before you get anything. We received half out order and then they stopped coming back to our table, they were starting to get busy but we let it go, we filled out our second order sheet and thought we would still receive the rest of our order.
After watching the tables around us get constantly served with order after order I started to get a little frustrated, I attempted to waive down a server to give them our next order but was greeted with looks and then running off back to the kitchen. Around 7:10, 30 minutes after our first order I had to shout at the waiter to take our next order, still without receiving half our first. I told the waiter this and he didn't seem to care and just walked off. Within minutes the BBQ portion of our next order came out, our table didn't have tongs which I had to take from a different table.

40 minutes after ordering our second order we still haven't received half of that either, this time I was pissed and asked to speak to the manager, at which time I was told there was none. Getting more pissed off by the minute after not receiving our orders I asked for the bill. They came back with full price which set me over the edge.

I walked to the front and asked someone else to speak to the manager only to have the blankest fucking look come back at me like I was speaking German to the waiter. After getting into an argument with the 'acting manager' one of the Sushi chef's finally stepped in and told them to discount our meal by half. They kept giving excuses as they just opened and were still getting the kinks worked out then another one said a girl quit last night and they were short staffed... Not my fucking problem

If I have to shout at the waiter to get them to notice we haven't been served in 30 minutes that's fucking bullshit..

I will not go back there especially after the 'I don't give a fuck' attitude we received

Total time there 1.5 hours, total time served, twice, order's received, .75

TomcoPDR
06-24-2011, 09:38 PM
You waited too long after my review to check it out while it was still great.

Disoblige
06-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Haha wow shit.. It really got bad that quick?

Glad I went within weeks of Tomco's review.

What can you expect if the owners are the same as SUSHI BBQ INN ON 16TH AVE. :rofl: