PDA

View Full Version : My Sub Box...UnderConstruction

Red1
01-18-2004, 09:24 PM
This is my box...im kinda just messin around and try to get better at fiberglassin. It's for a 10'.
Looks weird right now...looks like a shitter

cya

Red1
01-18-2004, 09:25 PM
2:drama:

Red1
01-18-2004, 09:25 PM
3:zzz:

tegdreamer
01-18-2004, 09:48 PM
how do you plan on placing that in ur trunk?

post pics when ur done....and take a shit in it while u can :D

tt398
01-19-2004, 12:47 PM
There is NOTHING inherently wrong with using a tube for a woofer enclosure. Many hi-fi guys use "concrete form" tubes as quickie woofer enclosures. These tubes are available at home depot - and are made from a special binder glue and a paper matrix. These tubes are very strong (they are made to support liquid concrete). They are marketed under the name Sonotube (I think). I've heard a few of these enclosures - and they give very respectable bass response - when you spend the time and effort for proper design and construction.

Just make sure you have the correct enclosure volume for your woofer and the vent (if you are using one). Use a FREE program to do this calculation - (WinISD) is available at the following site

http://www.linearteam.dk

This will do the calculations on all but the most complex bandpass enclosures. PM me if you need some help with the calcs etc.

Here is a link with a Sonotube subwoofer - lots of pictures etc.

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/bpsdesigns/

Look for the Silo II on the menu bar.

:angel: :nut: :angel:

Red1
01-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Ummm that was a usless post...but thanks anywho...
Comments or suggestions???

tt398
01-20-2004, 09:14 PM
The main thing I am trying to say is tubular woofer enclosures are good - and are quite workable. The Hi-Fi guys use of SonoTube is evidence of this situation. You still need to get the enclosure volume correct for the speaker driver you want to use (irrespective of enclosure type).

You will need to learn about Theile-Small parameters and how to do the enclosure calcs. Go to the following website

http:www.linearteam.dk

Download WinISD and the docs.

This is free - and is a good program for beginner speaker designers. Read the docs. Also search the web (via GOOGLE.COM) for Theile-Small parameters - and do a little research. If you follow the design rules you'll be able to construct some really kick-ass speakers for not much $$$.

There is no "quick answer" for an ultimate speaker enclosure - big manufacturers have been trying to solve that issue since the 1920's...

You'll be amazed at what kind of sound quality you can build with your own resources.

tt398
01-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Red1

Read my other post - the tube enclosures work. You need the Theile-Small paramters for your woofer (get them from the manufacturers web site). Use WinISD, and key in those parameters. You can then model the tube you have built and see the expected response.

-250-
01-27-2004, 10:05 AM
After that biyotch is painted, tis going to be damned good.

89EF
01-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Red1

i don't think he was referring to you tt398 your post was useful...i could be wrong though...thanks for the info:thumbsup:

CRX-R
01-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by -250-
After that biyotch is painted, tis going to be damned good.

tt398
01-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 89EF

i don't think he was referring to you tt398 your post was useful...i could be wrong though...thanks for the info:thumbsup:

Just trying to be helpful

:D