PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... know tegs well that's up in the NW area?

RiceCake
06-01-2002, 05:57 PM
:( 3rd gen ls..

here's the problem... just replaced the master cylinder, and bled it and all, yet the clutch still doesn't engage.

Step on the clutch, yet the car does not want to get into gear....:thumbsdow

been spending all afternoon replacing the master cylinder bleeding it and all... now its still dun work :duh:

anyone wanna attempt working on it? or know probable cause?:confused:

:thumbsup: thanx:thumbsup:

Superesc
06-01-2002, 06:14 PM
hmmm.... EG6 from 403honda is having similar problem with his friend's civic ( converted with the disk brakes and such..) check here:

http://www.403honda.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=260

RiceCake
06-01-2002, 06:18 PM
:duh: hmm... brakes are working fine tho... its just a matter of the car not being able to get into gear..... the brake's fine... its just the clutch that we're having problems with

Superesc
06-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Ahhh sorry dude mis-read the post.... I kept on thinking brakes hehehehe :nut:

Think I should take a nap.. hehe

RSeXy
06-01-2002, 08:37 PM
did you get a new car brother cake? :thumbsup:

RiceCake
06-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
did you get a new car brother cake? :thumbsup:

nope.... sister's bf's car:(

legendboy
06-02-2002, 02:18 AM
Bleeding the clutch can be a real pain in the ass. I had a friend do it for me. Someone else might be able to help u out tho, maybe redline...

redline
06-02-2002, 12:41 PM
I am not sure on that one. I never had to deal with that issue before.

GTS Jeff
06-02-2002, 02:57 PM
oh man, redline your sig rocks

legendboy
06-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Are u sure that u replaced the clutch master and not the brake master?:rofl: J/K:rofl:

Ok, This is what the 96 Acura Service Manual says:

12-6: Bleed the clutch hydraulic system:

-Attach a hose to the bleeder screw, and suspend the hose in a container of brake fluid.

-Make sure there is an adequate supply of fluid at the clutch master cylinder, then slowly pump the clutch pedal until no more bubbles appear ath the bleeder hose.

-Refill the clutch master cylinder with fluid when done.

-Use only DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid. We recomend Genuine Honda Super Duty DOT 3.

-Confirm clutch operation, and check for leaking fluid.

If I remember correctly the bleeder screw is on the slave cylinder located at the front of the transaxle, it should be in plain view.

I hope that u are using an oem master, if not, I'd consider buying one. I can get it for u at 10% over cost.

***make sure that you adjust the pedal properly after reinstalling the master. I think there are 2 or 3 adjustments that may need to be made, all of which are made under your dash where your pedal connects to the master. Usualy you don't need to touch it but if you put in an aftermarket part proly needs to be adjusted...

RiceCake
06-04-2002, 01:31 PM
well after we replaced the master cylinder and beld it we played around with it a bit more... got a new clutch now too... so its good once again :thumbsup:

thanx for the help guys!:thumbsup: