PDA

View Full Version : Dear Cardel, Fuck You (resolved by Cardel)

Pages : [1] 2

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Edit: (July 2) I have requested the admin lock this thread until such a time that Cardel Homes has an opportunity to follow through with what they have written in this thread. Don't be surprised if it gets locked very soon.

Edit: (Aug 8) I have requested the admin unlock this thread so that I can provide an update.

Edit: (Aug 9) I posted an update. Thanks to those on beyond.ca for reading/posting, and thanks to hyperzell for taking it to twitter.

Edit: (Aug 10) The final update I posted is on Page 6 of the thread. I'm assuming it won't get any longer, but you never know!

beyond_ban
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
... and what exactly is your story?

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
[Removed]

kenny
06-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Hmm not again... they seem pretty bad, read about them a lot and its never good. http://forums.beyond.ca/st/323255/do-not-build-with-cardel-homes/

TomcoPDR
06-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Who did InRich build his new house with? I remember him posting he wasn't happy with his build neither.

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 06:18 PM
[Removed]

Mibz
06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
What I hope is that if people are thinking about building with Cardel, they take the time to Google Cardel Homes - and that they actually find out what they are getting themselves in to before they make decisions they may come to regret. Well you already helped one couple. We didn't even consider Cardel after talking to you and Chris.

sillysod
06-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Cardel was brutal.

We built with them. They forced me to take possession before the house was even painted.

I said that I wouldn't sign the papers, and they immediatly said they would pull the contract and sell the house we waited a year for to someone else.

I talked to my lawyer and he said that it's in my best interest to just sign the papers and wait. The value of the house increased by $150,000 from the time we purchased it to the time we took possession so he said that Cardel would be very happy to refund our deposit and sell the house for $150,000 more.

It really really sucked. In the end I had to get my own painters in and repaint the entire house along with a bunch of shitty drywall work. The worst part about it is that we did not build an entry level home, just in extras we were over $75,000. Everything was fucked up. I had the cabinets rebuilt, railing sanded and restained and even had hire someone to do the parging on the outside.

Anyways I would never ever ever touch anytihng with cardel again.

KandabashiDevil
06-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Awesome thread :rolleyes:

OP either needs to include some details, or this one should get nuked. I despise beyonders who start incredibly vague threads hating on a business without any given reason. They only hope to pollute the forums with flag-burning mob rage.

What happened? Cardel's CEO fucked your wife without a condom and drove away in your 300zx? I sure hope so, since that's what I'm going to believe until you post otherwise!

On a completely related note : Dear (random name), Fuck You

Joe-G
06-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I'll write it up, with pictures, and post the full story within the next couple of days. I will name names, and tell the truth to the best of my ability.

:rolleyes:

rage2
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Seeing as I've known Z_Fan for a long time, I trust that he wouldn't post something like this up unless he got REALLY fucked over. Be patient, he probably has a long ass story to post and will take some time doing so.

tictactoe2004
06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I've been in my Cardel home a little over 2 years now.

I don't even want to get into details, it makes my blood boil. And similar to Sillysod, I'm in one of their upper end models.

To sum things up, there's a better chance their president and CEO Ryan Ockey has his first period than I ever buy another Cardel home.

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 09:00 PM
[Removed]

OU812
06-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Waits for Masked Bandit to chime in

rage2
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Holy shit! I've seen grow ops with better window sills than that.

How is that not covered under new home warranty at all?

Muji
06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Cardel does appear to make some poor homes, I would have hoped for better with this high profile Mormon company. Nothing is 100% but my few (known) dealings with Mormon companies have been first rate.

Maybe picket their local church? Finding out where the CEO attends would be easy.

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
[Removed]

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Who did InRich build his new house with? I remember him posting he wasn't happy with his build neither.

Cardel.

He lives 6 doors down from me. (Or so)

schocker
06-28-2011, 11:23 PM

Cardel.

Hopefully you can regale us with stories then about him.
Those look like 100 year old windows though, I would be pissed.
Did they mess up any other stuff?

Masked Bandit
06-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by OU812
Waits for Masked Bandit to chime in

Right here!

It's like a fucking nightmare that never ends. I don't know how far back one can search Beyond but there are soooooo many bad stories about Cardel. I don't know the OP in any way but my blood pressure rises every time I hear about another person screwed over by these assholes. How are these guys still in business? If I ran my business with the same eithics these jackwads had I would've been shut down before I got the doors open.

Masked Bandit
06-28-2011, 11:30 PM

Cardel.

What community are you guys in?

guessboi
06-28-2011, 11:34 PM
LOL. I haven't login since this morning and bang...I see all these Cardel threads again. :nut:

Z_Fan
06-28-2011, 11:47 PM
[Removed]

schocker
06-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Well that is pretty shitty. I bought a shane home last year and was lucky enough that my dad is a contractor so he was able to take a look at it as it was going through construction and after and that was really helpful as there were things I would have never noticed such as areas where water could start coming for example and a vent that went to the underside of the roof, but everything of course passed by the city. I await the list :nut:

benyl
06-29-2011, 12:01 AM
So, what you are saying is Dear Cardel, Fuck you. (http://www.cardelhomes.com/)

Or are you saying Dear Cardel, Fuck you (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/336018/dear-cardel-fuck-you/) ?

InRich
06-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

yep. I would NEVER build with them again.

Cardel.

come over for some drinks or a poker game sometime, I always have room for more. at least say hi when you see me.

tictactoe2004
06-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Cardel Reviews

Cardel Quality

Cardel Homes

Cardel Homes Calgary Reviews

Buyer Beware Cardel

edit: do I need to make those links to show up in google better?

chkolny541
06-29-2011, 08:25 AM
wow, thats unbelievable workmanship. Hopefully this thread catches the attention of Cardel Homes

chkolny541
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
thought youd be interested to know that currently this

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=175099

is the first beyond thread that pops up when Cardel Homes is googled. Bottom of pg 7, we have some work to do ppl.

Civic_Drift
06-29-2011, 08:34 AM
I think people continue to build with Cardel because they build hundreds of homes per year which indicates to people that if that guy is building with Cardel and hundreds others, they must be good.

In Panorama Hills, Cardel builds the most out of all new homebuilders from what I have seen.

Masked Bandit
06-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Civic_Drift
I think people continue to build with Cardel because they build hundreds of homes per year which indicates to people that if that guy is building with Cardel and hundreds others, they must be good.

In Panorama Hills, Cardel builds the most out of all new homebuilders from what I have seen.

I think it's the same theory as McDonalds, their product is shit but people still buy. At least with McDonalds you go in knowing what to expect. The thing that upset me the most is that if someone is spending over a half a million dollars you expect to be dealing with professionals that know what the fuck they're doing. If I go to Greasy Dave's Discount Auto, I expect the people there to be slimeballs.

Fuck you Cardel!

nickyh
06-29-2011, 08:59 AM
My folks were looking into Quarry Park at one point, I told them they would be better renovating and staying put.
I would not touch their homes with a 1,000 foot pole.

ArjayAquino
06-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Well this opened my eyes. When I eventually get a house, it won't be from Cardel.

interlude
06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I have been thinking about printing out that picture at about 2 feet by 3 feet. (Or bigger) And going and standing in front of the Cardel Show Homes on a Saturday afternoon and tell my story to anyone who inquires. I won't push it on anyone. You can choose to hear it if your curious, or choose to read about it if you want to. I don't need to embelish. The pictures speak volumes just by themselves with out knowing any other details of how Cardel has responded (or not responded) to the problem.

I figure, if just 5 people stop and ask if this is really an example of a Cardel Home that cost close to half a million dollars - I can say yes. And that Cardel stands by this, this is their quality, their product and have determined this result as being acceptable because they refuse to fix it.

If 5 people feel that this isn't acceptable, and don't want to risk building with Cardel. I guess Cardel Homes will lose about 2.0 million dollars in sales. Maybe 50 people will decide not to take the risk of ending up like me. Hey, that's 20 million dollars in home sales that will be well spent with other builders who may just stand behind their product when things go awry. Good for those who were fortunate enough to read the thread or get informed about how Cardel has choosen to behave. I wish I had read some of threads about Cardel before I signed on the dotted line.

I feel the same way about this thread. Convey the message. Let people decide what they want to do with the information and their hard earned money.

And I think all of it is Cardel's own damn fault. I'm not lying, I'm not making shit up, I'm just showing you my house which is a Cardel Home and I'm telling everyone who wants to listen that I feel this is not acceptable, I think any rational person would think and feel this is not acceptable, and YOU can decide where you want to spend your money.

Meanwhile, my message to Cardel is clear. I'm not going to stand by idly and let you fuck me over. I now have little recourse. (Also something I am annoyed about - but I have to blame myself for my ignorance of the Alberta New Home Warranty program - details in a long drawn out post later when I have time to draw it up) BUT, I feel Cardel has deliberately taken advantage of me as they know full well the rules by which it is governed - and they continued to delay their response until such a time that I had no recourse with Alberta Home Warranty. If I knew all the fine print, that wouldn't be the case. But I'd be willing to bet most people don't know, because they don't read all the various clauses in the agreement.

Despite having paid for a 10 year Alberta New Home Warranty, I can't use that for this scenario currently, because it is not structural. Although in 5 years, it will be if I left it unrepaired and the fucking windows rot out. [I'm not going to do that, I'll repair it myself if I have to] Because I happen to be handy, and I repair the damage myself. It will be very time consuming and costly. I know this much. So, now my only avenue for resolution is the legally binding process of arbitration. In a sense, I can make Cardel pay in that respect. However, it also costs me a lot of money. $500 to start, and $200/hr going forward. But part of me thinks I should take them to arbitration and part of me thinks what's the fucking point? And it is this very fact that Cardel Homes is counting on. They will do this to countless customers because they know it will cost them more to fix their customer problems than it will be to go through an arbitration which they may possibly win. If they lose, so what, they are only out a few grand more than what they would have been if they owned up to the problem in the first place. But they are counting on the fact that most people will not pursue the legal avenue because it is costly, time consuming and stressful. In my case, they may be right, and that is gamble they take when they behave in this fashion. But it is their business, and you can bet your ass they've got people who deal with this and make decisions based on the dollar as opposed to ethics. It's despicable. But I'm not so naive to think that it doesn't happen at Cardel Homes (or any other number of large corporations) because it plain and simply does.

They know only a small percentage of people will actually pursue the legal option.

Hey Z-Fan,

I would strongly suggest you take this through the social media route. Twitter is proven to be very effective. I dont use it much, but at my old job, people would bitch about service from Bell over a blog and twitter. A Bell SVP ended up contacting this person, and fixed her problem. Another person tweeted about how bad of a service he got at willow park liquor store, and someone from willow park ended up contacting him and hooked him up with some freebees.

here is there twitter link:

http://twitter.com/#!/reallywellbuilt/ (how ironic)

I would seriously post something and keep posting it until your problems are fixed, or at least it will give other people information about their workmanship. Media might catch wind of it and do a report on it as well. Or even tweet and mention a news anchors twitter account at the same time!

88CRX
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM
The really sad thing is that most of the builders in these newer neighborhoods hide behind all the legal protection written into their contracts and the fact that Alberta new home warrantee is useless.

I had minor issues with my place and the builders make it so painful to get anything looked at/fixed that it’s easier and less stressful to just do it yourself or leave it as is.

I’m curious are they straight up ignoring you? Or do they at least return your phone calls, and then spew BS and make excuses?

Skyline_Addict
06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
that's horrible. the window is disgusting and I hope Cardel does something about it.

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
[Removed]

88CRX
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Yup, looks about right :thumbsdow

Alberta New Home Warranty will laugh at you if you contacted them about peeling paint :rofl:

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
[Removed]

88CRX
06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
How many windows are doing this? All in the same room/area or side of the house?

desi112
06-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Absolutely agree.

What actually transpired is all the paint CRACKED. (In a 3 day period) This was the instant it got cold outside. It cracked on the vertical surfaces as well as the horizontal surfaces. I have all the historical weather data to prove this. It's free to look up, so it's easy to acquire that information. I took pictures when this happened.

Some of the sills even cracked on the top. So, it didn't crack because of standing water, etc. In fact, at that time of the year, the humidity was just starting to develop on the windows which is normal.

Because all the paint cracked, normal humidity is now able to get in the cracks, under the paint, and voila, we've got a fucking mess.

Have the exact same problem, almost all window sills have cracked and expanded.

The problem is especially bad in the master bathroom. Our 1-year old house has window sills that look as they were from the 1940s.

Disgusting

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
[Removed]

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
[Removed]

88CRX
06-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Brutal that it's happening in all the windows. It's common in bathroom windows but everywhere sucks. Regardless of what the builder is or isn't going to do you really should fix it before next winter.

You have a humidifying and hardwood floors?

The windows aren't sealed, cold air is leaking in and the entire frame/trim is cool in the winter and you're getting condensation. Usually the glass gets condensation on it (normal) and it drips down onto the sill and sometime you get peeling there. But if it's happening on the jamb and head there's cold getting in everywhere.

norbel
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
My first course of action would automatically be the BBB. then i would contact Canadian home builders association(http://www.chba.ca/). Then i would contact global 7 news who i know from experience as i am in the trades industry would LOVE to hear your story. After these 3 steps I would contact Bill ( whom you were speaking with) and notify him of your actions. My bet is you get a response:thumbsup:

norbel
06-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Global Calgary Newsroom

Breaking News Tips & Story Suggestions
Phone: 403-235-7709
Fax: 403-248-3842
Email: [email protected]
Morning News Viewer Feedback: [email protected]
Click here to send us your pictures and videos!

desi112
06-29-2011, 11:11 AM

It's comforting to know that you are fucked isn't it? Knowing that Cardel won't be doing what is right because they'd rather force you to go to arbitration because financially they will likely have less overall dollar impact on their company.

It's despicable corporate behaviour.

Definitely man, its awesome.
Cardel is despicable, I had to clean the house on possession date my self, they never cleaned the exterior, massive humidity issues causing damage to windows and hardwood floor, shit top soil used (mustard vegetation rampant) and a pile of other issues.

v2kai
06-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I'll be purchasing a home in the near future and really appreciate the time youre taking to give the heads up Z_fan.

I'll definitely spread this around. This is exactly why I'm so hesitant to buy a new home. Shelling out big coin for a POS:whipped:

norbel
06-29-2011, 11:14 AM
i would also hire a R.T.O to inspect your home and make sure there are no structure issues. when we are on the job they check from everything from foundation, to framing, to making sure the home is watertight.

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 11:14 AM
[Removed]

desi112
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Z-fan,

Do you get ice build up on your windows in the winter?

lilmira
06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
What kind of paint is that? The paint on my exterior wood trim around my garage door cracked like that after two years. I just scraped off the loose paint and repainted it last year. My guess is that either the surface was poorly prepped or the paint was applied poorly or both. I have other wood trims around the house and only the ones around the garage door was that bad.

Any painters here can comment on the cause of paint cracking and chipping?

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by desi112
Z-fan,

Do you get ice build up on your windows in the winter?

For the majority of them, the answer is no. Or nothing of any significance. All our bedroom windows had some ice in the tracks on some days when the conditions outside were extreme. This ice was still inside the plastic window track itself, and never extended to the painted surface. There were a handful of days where this occurred, and each and every time it occurred, I would actually sit there and patiently remove all the ice from the window tracks because I was afraid of what it would do if it all melted. Once I had the ice out, I'd absorb as much of the water as I could that was remaining in the tracks.

All of this ice is of course irrelevant to the actual damage which occurred long before any ice ever developed. It would only do that on the super super cold days of which there were a few. But, that said, the fact that ice will build up in the track could indicate a potential sealing/insulation problem. I'm not a professional on that matter, so I don't know. But, what I do know is that condensation formation is normal when we have -30C outside, and +19 inside, and I also know that water freezes at damn near 0C. So it is of very little surprise that ice would form under these conditions. Ice never formed on the bedroom window painted surfaces because the window track contained all the moisture as gravity dropped it directly in to the track. So, it would freeze in the track, and occasionally it would freeze a very thin layer of ice for perhaps the bottom 2 or 3 inches on the glass surface itself. This is pretty normal I felt. Nothing overly alarming with regards to the formation of ice.

I have lived in a place before where there were windows that would ice up but they would ice up in the extreme by comparison. As in, you'd get 3 inches thick of ice at the base of the window. This was not like that at all. But still, yes, there was ice in the tracks of the 3 bedrooms.

Masked Bandit
06-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
What kind of paint is that? The paint on my exterior wood trim around my garage door cracked like that after two years. I just scraped off the loose paint and repainted it last year. My guess is that either the surface was poorly prepped or the paint was applied poorly or both. I have other wood trims around the house and only the ones around the garage door was that bad.

Any painters here can comment on the cause of paint cracking and chipping?

The shit they put on exterior wood surfaces isn't paint at all, it's solid colour stain. It isn't meant to last any more than a year or two. I used to run a commercial paint shop and we had contractors that did new home exterior paint jobs allllll winter long. They would use the oil base stuff and it would take a week or two to dry.

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
[Removed]

bignerd
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I think the paint they use is more like laquer? And that is why it does not expand/contract well... Our windows are the same, after about 6 or 7 years though and most of our problem windows face due South and get extreme hot sun all day long.

Not sure if honestly it is worth the trouble of fighting the home builder on it. I understand it is the principal etc etc.

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 02:08 PM
[Removed]

Super_Geo
06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/336018/dear-cardel-fuck-you/

Cardel Homes (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/336018/dear-cardel-fuck-you/)

Sounds brutal... I think people should contact Cardel homes and express an interest in buying. String them along and then abruptly drop them and let them know that the reason is due to threads like this one.

Oh, and for safe measure... http://forums.beyond.ca/st/336018/dear-cardel-fuck-you/

Let's get this to the top of Google ;)

gram
06-29-2011, 02:38 PM
It kind of looks like the painter that Cardel hired skipped the priming process-cost savings/lazy painter maybe.

Unacceptable either way.

interlude
06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
I think rage2 will receive a letter in the near future. :rofl:

This should get interesting.

r3ccOs
06-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Where I bought (Auburn Bay)

You have 4 pretty large builders -- Baywest, Cardel, Jayman and Cedarglen

my neighbor cribs for both baywest and Jayman, and he knows all the other trades as well...

He wouldn't touch Cardel nor Jayman...

Builders really are a firm of archetects, project managers, supply chain managers, vendor managers and sales contractors... at the end of the day, the general contrat manager makes the deal that is in the best intrest of the firm... that sometimes either works as a benefit or disadvantage for the end customer.

From what I've heard from my neighbors and the trades that my friends know who work for various builders... Cardel treats the trades the worst and pay the worst. They also have very poor post purchase support.

Jayman is simular to a degree, but as they have a tendancy to push one or two particular models, their trades have it nailed, for lets say the "allure" model. Post delivery support is fantastic... BUT they do undercut and change their trades often to save a buck or two. No loyalty and sometimes results problems again to the customer. For instance, all the rolling mix drive ways (used by both Cardel & Jayman) this year have to be sandblasted as the mix was terrible.

nissanK
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Let us know if you plan to go the social media route to have this resolved. I would assume that a huge builder like this would kick into PR overdrive once it hits the news.:(

DENZILDON
06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by interlude
I think rage2 will receive a letter in the near future. :rofl:

This should get interesting.

Just from looking at the pic, that seems to be the issue. Primers are used to seal the surface area and to get the paint to adhere. It looks like there's no primer used.

TomcoPDR
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

He wouldn't touch Cardel nor Jayman...

The only interactions I've done with Jayman is when they used to be on Horton Road, and they would eyeball everyone who goes to Southland Registries making sure their reserved spots aren't being taken.

interlude
06-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by nissanK
Let us know if you plan to go the social media route to have this resolved. I would assume that a huge builder like this would kick into PR overdrive once it hits the news.:(

I think Z-Fan and every other member should. Twitter is a powerful tool, can help or destroy your image. A couple tweets by a bunch of people pointing to this thread is all Z-Fan needs.

Jericho99
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I also have the exact issue and hope they get enough pressure from this to fix it. Stupid because it's the only major issue and could be easily fixed and avoided in future builds but they decide to use the same crap window contractors

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm not going to do much other than tell my story. If enough people come forward, I will gladly participate in any group effort to bring it to the attention of the masses. But, in general, I'm just not the kind of person to dwell on it.

Does it make me mad? Yes. Yes it sure does. But I'll be over that reasonably quickly and I'll move on with my life.

I think it is nice that already 2 other people have come forward saying they have the exact issue. I think that alone indicates it is a very real, very current problem that Cardel Homes has.

I'm not going to get all hell bent on Cardel. I'm going to fix my windows, write Cardel Homes a nasty letter detailing my story. And then I'm going to move on.

If I had money, I'd probably see it through arbitration just for the fuck of it. But alas, I have more important things to do with my time and money. Like, uhm, fix my fucked up Cardel Homes windows since they aren't going to.

Z_Fan
06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
BTW, for any one who has this issue. Or any issue for that matter which Cardel is attempting to leave unaddressed.

If you are still inside your 1 year warranty window, please report any and all of your problems to the Alberta New Home Warranty program immediately irregardless of what Cardel Homes is saying or doing towards rectifying your issues.

If you do not report your problems to them in the specified period, which is 60 days after your 1 year possession date, then you will be shit out of luck.

So, if Cardel Homes decides to fuck you around like they did me, by taking in excess of ONE HALF of ONE YEAR to provide a response, you won't end up totally fucked. You'll still have the ANHW program to evaluate the problem and Cardel Homes would have to obey their decision.

yoda124
06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
My concrete driveway was cracked and chipping when I took posession of my new home last year(not cardel).After hounding the builder every day for 6 months and getting the run-around I contacted new home warranty them telling me concrete was not covered and that I was basically SOL.I called the BBB and filed a complaint and after that contacted a lawyer.The lawyer told me you can sue the builder up to 2 years from posession date for any deficiencies to your new home no matter if or if not it's covered under warranty.Keep all the corresponding emails from BBB, new home warranty,and the builder as evidence in case you do have to go to court.I paid $150 to the lawyer to fax a demand letter to the builder.A few days later the builder agreed to replace the driveway and everything was solved.Z_fan you paid a lot of money for your new home.Don't let Cardel fuck you around any more and you probably need a lawyer to solve this.If you want my lawyers name and # PM me.

silviak91
06-29-2011, 10:08 PM
It cracks because they used a lacquer most painters use latex on the windows and doors and use lacquer on build ins .Looks like a easy fix . Cardel should get there painter to send the paint rep over to your house they may be responsible for the cost of the redo.

desi112
06-30-2011, 07:59 AM
BTW, for any one who has this issue. Or any issue for that matter which Cardel is attempting to leave unaddressed.

If you are still inside your 1 year warranty window, please report any and all of your problems to the Alberta New Home Warranty program immediately irregardless of what Cardel Homes is saying or doing towards rectifying your issues.

If you do not report your problems to them in the specified period, which is 60 days after your 1 year possession date, then you will be shit out of luck.

So, if Cardel Homes decides to fuck you around like they did me, by taking in excess of ONE HALF of ONE YEAR to provide a response, you won't end up totally fucked. You'll still have the ANHW program to evaluate the problem and Cardel Homes would have to obey their decision.

Hmm will do. For sure.

Z_Fan
06-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Maybe Cardel will take the money they're saving by not fixing my house properly and get in to sponsoring a drag car at Race City.
Normally I'd tell you to watch for it. You will see the logos, etc. But, Alas, it would be sponsored by Cardel - so just look for the car that takes 180 days to get to stage light and has no fucking paint on it.

kvg
06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
^:rofl:

HyperZell
06-30-2011, 03:51 PM
I've tweeted this story with the #yyc hashtag to both Cardel's account and to a realtor friend of mine. Hope that gets the ball rolling a bit. Inexcusable.

http://twitter.com/#!/JC_Superstah/status/86552014338785280

UPDATE: Cardel has quickly responded to my tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/reallywellbuilt/status/86555551588286464

http://twitter.com/#!/reallywellbuilt/status/86555667372048384

And I responded with this:

http://twitter.com/#!/JC_Superstah/status/86557087542419456

I am very much looking forward to seeing this resolved - good luck, OP.

chkolny541
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
im expecting their response to be another legal threat to rage to remove this thread or else be sued haha:rofl:

Masked Bandit
06-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Any way to see that twatter stuff without having an account?

HyperZell
06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Any way to see that twatter stuff without having an account?

You should be able to just copy and paste the links and see them without an account, I think.

Z_Fan
06-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Well, that's stirring the pot.

[Removed]

Unknown303
06-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone who has a twitter account should retweet some of those posts as well.

HyperZell
06-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Anyone who has a twitter account should retweet some of those posts as well.

Good idea. And feel free to take out the Kenwick Realtor tag and add in the @beyondca tag instead.

spikerS
06-30-2011, 06:34 PM
i would if i knew how to retweet and use twitter

Z_Fan
06-30-2011, 06:37 PM
I will give them an opportunity to contact me if they wish. If they do, and actually want to do something constructive on the issue, I'm willing to discuss potential resolutions.

I figure a week is fair. By then they will either have contacted me (in one form or another) or they will be contacting beyond.ca administration to remove the thread. Though I would wonder on exactly what grounds they would have for that. Doesn't matter, I'm fine with Rage2 doing what he needs to do. This isn't his problem.

I think how Cardel responds to this will be a very accurate measure of their corporate behaviour - and their response is definitely going to be something can and will judge them upon. So, let's wait and see how they behave. Ball is in their court.

We'll see if I get a letter that starts out:

Dear valued customer,

Fuck you.

I'll keep you posted.

Unknown303
06-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by spikers
i would if i knew how to retweet and use twitter
You're an old man. :rofl:

spikerS
06-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

You're an old man. :rofl:

lol, only turning 32 tomorrow.

I just never invested the time to learn twitter and hash tags and crap. None of my friends really use it, so really my experience with it is zilch

HyperZell
06-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by spikers

lol, only turning 32 tomorrow.

I just never invested the time to learn twitter and hash tags and crap. None of my friends really use it, so really my experience with it is zilch

It's actually easier than you think.

You have 140 characters per tweet. A hashtag allows you to categorize your tweet. For example, discussion on the Vancouver-Boston playoff series had hashtag #VanBos.

So I would tweet "It was awesome watching Vancouver choke #VanBos"

If you see a tweet that you like, you retweet it. Just click the button. If you want to add a comment to it, copy+paste the tweet and add "RT" somewhere in there with your comment.

So I would retweet "Couldn't agree more RT @JC_Superstah It was awesome watching Vancouver choke #VanBos"

The "@JC_Superstah" is the account you're tweeting to. I tweeted my comments in this thread to @ReallyWellBuilt, which is Cardel's account.

That's it, really...all you have to do is follow the people/companies you're interested in and, if you want, add your own tweets whenever you feel like it.

chkolny541
07-01-2011, 03:54 AM

We'll see if I get a letter that starts out:

Dear valued customer,

Fuck you.

I'll keep you posted.

looool:rofl: :rofl:

Hopefully you get a reply here quickly, but i wouldnt count on it either

jaredhoffman
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
To Z_Fan and the Beyond.ca community,

My name is Jared Hoffman and I'm a representative from Cardel Homes here in Calgary. We've been monitoring this forum since it came up on Beyond.ca and are disappointed that one of our customers has had a less than satisfactory experience with one of our homes and the services we provide.

We've been in contact with Jason Huber (Cardel Homes VP of Construction) and after reviewing the warranty requests and other details surrounding Z_fan's concerns we have decided to take the appropriate actions in order to fix this mistake. We're sincerely sorry for any delays that we have caused in dealing with this and take full responsibility for the situation.

We will be in contact with Z_Fan this week to set up an appointment to meet and discuss how we might go about repairing the damage to his home and making amends for this situation.

To the beyond.ca users we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we have no intention of having this thread removed from this website. We respect our customers freedom to voice their concerns in any manner they choose, we will however be dealing with Z_fan privately in regards to his warranty request.

Again we would like to apologize to Z_fan, this situation does not reflect the quality and service that Cardel Homes wishes to provide to our customers. We will strive to be better going forward to ensure our home owners do not experience the same troubles.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch with our VP of Business Development Andrew Davidson at [email protected].

lilmira
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
interesting

HyperZell
07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jaredhoffman
To Z_Fan and the Beyond.ca community,

My name is Jared Hoffman and I'm a representative from Cardel Homes here in Calgary. We've been monitoring this forum since it came up on Beyond.ca and are disappointed that one of our customers has had a less than satisfactory experience with one of our homes and the services we provide.

We've been in contact with Jason Huber (Cardel Homes VP of Construction) and after reviewing the warranty requests and other details surrounding Z_fan's concerns we have decided to take the appropriate actions in order to fix this mistake. We're sincerely sorry for any delays that we have caused in dealing with this and take full responsibility for the situation.

We will be in contact with Z_Fan this week to set up an appointment to meet and discuss how we might go about repairing the damage to his home and making amends for this situation.

To the beyond.ca users we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we have no intention of having this thread removed from this website. We respect our customers freedom to voice their concerns in any manner they choose, we will however be dealing with Z_fan privately in regards to his warranty request.

Again we would like to apologize to Z_fan, this situation does not reflect the quality and service that Cardel Homes wishes to provide to our customers. We will strive to be better going forward to ensure our home owners do not experience the same troubles.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch with our VP of Business Development Andrew Davidson at [email protected].

Very good start. I've tweeted this already:

http://twitter.com/#!/JC_Superstah/status/86838190144626688

But now the microscope is on Cardel's actions...

max_boost
07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
interesting

Very. But I hope it works out. Beyond always delivers. Maximum results. :D

Kloubek
07-01-2011, 10:54 AM
While it is obvious Z_Fan was getting nowhere before posting on Beyond (which is a huge issue), Jared should be commended for his honest and public post. He could have either a) Done nothing, or b) Came on here to battle the OP, as many businesses have tried (without success, mind you) with previous members. Way to take the high road Jared, and I hope his issues get resolved with the same conviction with which your post was written.

Unknown303
07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I wonder if Cardel will deliver in the end now.

Does this change anything though?? Chances are they have slipped for so long in QC that there will be possible thousands of homes with the same subpar conditions cropping up but most people wouldn't take it to the public like this to get it solved.

If I was Cardel I'd be looking into what contractors did the work on the house and contact other owners who's homes may have been built by the same group to see if it's happened elsewhere.

kvg
07-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I hope you do get properly looked after.

We'll see

Z_Fan
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
:clap:

First - Happy Canada Day.

I would like to thank Cardel Homes for saving me the time and effort to organize and resize my photographs and prevent further wear and tear on my finger tips. Also, I want to congratulate them on taking the high road.

If they actually contact me, and I presume that they will, then I will keep you all posted about the result. I think it does speak volumes that they are wanting to correct the situation. I'm a little disappointed it has taken so long, and about the path that was taken to get to this point. But, like I already posted, irregardless of what were to happen with Cardel, I'm getting my windows fixed and moving on with my life - one way or another.

I do know that whatever paint was used, or whatever it was that was used, or how it was prepped or not prepped - that whole process - is not something that I want again. I just want my windows to look normal, not have cracking, peeling, bubbling, etc. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation for a new home.

I'm glad that Cardel appears to be taking steps towards making this a happy ending. I don't know about you guys, but I like happy endings.

:poosie:

kaput
07-01-2011, 11:33 AM

GoChris
07-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe they'll come fix the stuff they actually said they'd fix on my house back in April. :banghead:

Z_Fan
07-02-2011, 12:54 AM
I just want you all to know that Cardel has contacted me via e-mail and that they appear to be initiating the process which ultimately should see us with a resolution to the problem in our home.

Enhance
07-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by kaput

Easy there big boy... he only said he'd fix your windows ;)
:rofl:

e31
07-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I won't hold my breath. $20 dollars says Cardel makes you an offer so insulting that you begin to show symptoms of a stroke.

Z_Fan
07-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by e31
I won't hold my breath. $20 dollars says Cardel makes you an offer so insulting that you begin to show symptoms of a stroke.

Maybe. I doubt that. I'll be surprised and disappointed if it turns out that way.

Let's give them a chance and see what they set forth as a plan. They are making an effort here, a gesture to make it right, and yeah, I think that does tell you something. So, let's give them benefit of the doubt for now.

Our build process wasn't perfect, and we've built before and didn't expect it to be. I think any one who thinks their build will just be 100% is living in a dream land. That's why I feel it is so important that when shit goes wrong, and it will, that it needs to be fixed and the homeowners should not need to stress over what the builder is going to do - because the builder should just make it right. A lot of money is put on the table when you buy a home.

Cardel has made an attempt to fix pretty much everything that we have brought to their attention. Over the course of our build, there were many things that didn't go as planned. In every case they have ultimately responded how I would expect them to respond [sometimes it took more effort to get the desired response] but they have done their best to rectify the problems. There have been times where I had to push my point of view - but in the end, they've made the necessary changes during the build process or the necessary repairs after the home was delivered.

It's just this problem I feel was not handled properly at all. When they make this right, I'll be able to at least say that yeah, we had more than our fair share of problems along the build of the home, but Cardel made it right in the end. I think that is very important, and I'm not going to be a happy camper unless I can say that. I need to be able to say that. I think anyone who builds a home with any builder should be able to say that once they are through the whole process. If they can't, then probably their builder failed to achieve what is ultimately the most important thing. A home that is free of major problems and of course, customer satisfaction.

I'm sure there are people who can't be satisfied and may have unrealistic expectations. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in this particular case.